Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2021, 09:16 AM

48,391 posts, read 34,529,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well, the CDC doesn't provide information for the world. I only commented on data that I could read.

The vaccine is whatever you want it to be, for some, it is the end all be all , make them feel better thing to have, for others, it isn't.

In the grand scheme of things, we should have just let this virus run it's course. Sadly, many would have died, (many already have died) , although the end result would have been a stronger population. And a lesser one, which is much better for our natural resources.
That would have been awesome!!! Then we could almost guarantee a variant that would kill the remaining strong. Do not worry, still may happen.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 09:17 AM

24,362 posts, read 9,225,045 times
Quote:
Well, the CDC doesn't provide information for the world. I only commented on data that I could read.
Wrong.

Quote:
Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died.
https://www.who.int/director-general...--3-march-2020

But thanks for the faux outrage. I’ll be sure to buy my hazmat suit.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:24 AM

29,011 posts, read 14,354,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wrong.

https://www.who.int/director-general...--3-march-2020

But thanks for the faux outrage. I’ll be sure to buy my hazmat suit.
Faux outrage ? Please explain.

I provided a link to the CDC, and made a comment that it looked like more people were on their way to being vaccinated. You had issue with that. Secondly, I did not see the chart from the link I provided showing how much the rest of the globe is vaccinated. Again, you had issue with that.

It's Monday, I'm foggy from the weekend...so can you explain what your issues are with my statements, I'm having trouble following your logic.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:12 AM

26,282 posts, read 14,879,923 times
Quote:
I think Democrats are doing an excellent job of proving what happens when you convince a demographic they can’t do anything without handouts and finger pointing.

We blacks allegedly can’t even get an ID to vote, why would liberals expect us to know how to get a vaccine?
Jen Psaki, mouthpiece for Biden, already stated as much; blacks can’t figure out how to get the vaccine.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:27 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,798,369 times
Quote:
Looking at this, it really seems like there is nothing to be arguing about. People are well on their way to being fully vaccinated, if they aren't all ready. They don't break it down by political leaning though...so there is no way to try and vilify a group, I'm sure that will disappoint some.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...on-demographic
I totally agree with you. When I was saying “propaganda” I wasn’t talking about the CDC. I was referring to the poster who was making it seem like the low percentage for Blacks is the percentage of Blacks vaccinated, which it is not. The CDC shows the percentage of the vaccinated population that is black. Which now is 13%, which is equal (or slightly greater) to their percentage in the population.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:49 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,318,998 times
America doesn't do good things for black people. Now all of a sudden people are running around faking concern for black folks and shuffling us to the front of the line for vaccines. It seems suspicious. I went ahead and got my first dose anyway, because it was going to happen eventually, but yeah...i can't black other black people for not being test subjects (again).

Old 08-09-2021, 11:32 AM

48,391 posts, read 34,529,196 times
This is the chart you want to compare races and vaccination rates.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

Personone tried to explain what the other one meant, but I don't think most were understanding what it represented.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 26 days ago)

14,630 posts, read 9,617,984 times
Quote:
I think Democrats are doing an excellent job of proving what happens when you convince a demographic they can’t do anything without handouts and finger pointing.

We blacks allegedly can’t even get an ID to vote, why would liberals expect us to know how to get a vaccine?
They don't.

They expect compliance to the talking point of the day.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:31 AM

21,108 posts, read 13,454,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How do you know that? I'm curious about your sources. You might be right or wrong... I just don't know.

I do know rural areas have a lower vaccination rate, for many reasons, but the data isn't broke down by race in rural areas. So are you making assumptions?
Just go off raw numbers. Whites outnumber blacks in this country by a factor of 5.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:32 AM

21,108 posts, read 13,454,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Black people living in inner city urban areas have tons of access to vaccines. It’s highly likely that they just don’t want the vaccine.
No they really don't want it. My Dr is black and so is everyone that works at that practice, the vaccine is literally at their workplace and they don't want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies