Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 03:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Cheny is far worse than McCain was.

Dick Cheney intended to create a new American empire in Iraq, the heart of the Middle East. That's why we went t war there and why there never was an exist strategy for leaving afterwards.

He set about doing it before he became Bush's Vice President.
Cheney was instrumental in the creation of The Project For the New American Century, a think tank developed to find ways to create this new empire and keep it under American control.

Robert Kagan and William Kristol were both co-founders with him, and the group included Paul Wolfowitz, R. James Woolsey, Elliot Abrams, Donald Rumsfeld, Robert Zoellick, and John Bolton. The gourd was founded in 1998, long before the 2000 election.

To set it in motion, Cheney was asked to be G.W. Bush's advisor in choosing Bush's cabinet. As you can see from the list above, Cheny packed the Cabinet with other members of The New American Century, and then nominated himself to be Bush's Vice President.

Cheney envisioned Washington D.C. as the New Rome, with our citizens as his Legions who could conquer and hold the world's oil supply by the force of arms forever.
With an indifferent, naive President in office, who was more than willing to turn the machinery of government over to his Vice President, Cheney nearly got it accomplished.
All excellent reasons why I don't give two craps what Dick Cheney thinks about "the state of the Republican Party." Between all of that and setting up the insanely unconstitutional NSA spying apparatus that I don't think we'll ever be rid of, why would anyone care about his opinion. It's so weird seeing Democrat-run news media slobbering all over a pack of warmongering empire building megalomaniacs. If your source is John Bolton or Dick Cheney for pretty much anything, then I just can't take it seriously.

The GOP has made strides to be less racist, more focused on the needs of the working class, more America-first, less elitist, an less warmongering. These are very very good changes. I don't know if it's enough for me to strongly support the GOP, but these are definitely moves in the right direction. I'd certainly love to see similar strides taken by Democrats to make themselves less evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 11:04 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Dick Cheney was one of the last members of the Replublician party. The party of Trump is the "present day" Confederacy. Donald Trump's failed Coup Attempt was really an act of war against the United States.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:14 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Anyone connected to Bush hates the real conservatives such as the Freedom Caucus.... the Bush legacy is done.. Jeb is not going to be president.
Bush legacy is not done. It's going stronger than every before. Obama is secretly working for them and always has. It's why he never ended his cousin's Middle East wars. And what Biden is doing now with Afghanistan is just smoke and mirrors. I won't be surprised another terrorist attack happens like 9/11 and they will blame it on Afghanistans and then we will back there again after getting the media to pump misinformation into the public. Much how they claimed Iraq had something to do with 9/11 and have weapons of mass destruction which they didn't.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:20 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
The Republican Party has severe issues, but he is part of the severe issues too.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:05 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can only see the thread title (thank you ignore list) and normally wouldn't comment in this person's thread but the idea of Dick Cheney being "troubled about the state of the Republican Party" is music to my eyes and I'm too elated about reading that to keep quiet at the moment. Thank you for the wonderful news!

Fact check true.

Cheney embodies everything that was wrong with the Republican Party. Lassez-faire globalism, military adventurism, open borders.

If Dick Cheney, the Iraq war villain thinks we've lost our way - it only proves the sun is shining on MAGA.

As the Democrats sink into the neocon swamp...

Old 08-08-2021, 10:38 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
All excellent reasons why I don't give two craps what Dick Cheney thinks about "the state of the Republican Party." Between all of that and setting up the insanely unconstitutional NSA spying apparatus that I don't think we'll ever be rid of, why would anyone care about his opinion. It's so weird seeing Democrat-run news media slobbering all over a pack of warmongering empire building megalomaniacs. If your source is John Bolton or Dick Cheney for pretty much anything, then I just can't take it seriously.

The GOP has made strides to be less racist, more focused on the needs of the working class, more America-first, less elitist, an less warmongering. These are very very good changes. I don't know if it's enough for me to strongly support the GOP, but these are definitely moves in the right direction. I'd certainly love to see similar strides taken by Democrats to make themselves less evil.

Best post of the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies