Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 10:25 AM

323 posts, read 129,818 times

Advertisements

Interesting what will the vaccine ninnies do?

San Francisco sheriff's union warns deputies will quit over vaccine mandate

A union representing San Francisco sheriff’s deputies warned that an impending COVID-19 vaccine mandate could lead to a significant portion of the force quitting.

The San Francisco Deputy Sheriffs’ Association said Friday in a social media post that if officers “are forced to vaccinate[,] a percentage of them will retire early or seek employment elsewhere.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-franc...142900220.html

Old 08-07-2021, 10:32 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma_Duce View Post
Interesting what will the vaccine ninnies do?

San Francisco sheriff's union warns deputies will quit over vaccine mandate

A union representing San Francisco sheriff’s deputies warned that an impending COVID-19 vaccine mandate could lead to a significant portion of the force quitting.

The San Francisco Deputy Sheriffs’ Association said Friday in a social media post that if officers “are forced to vaccinate[,] a percentage of them will retire early or seek employment elsewhere.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-franc...142900220.html
No one has the right for force anyone to get this vaccine or to demonize them for refusing it until it is FDA approved but it hasn't been yet!

Old 08-07-2021, 10:37 AM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Bye.

Vaccination should be mandatory for anyone working in public service. If you don’t think enough of the public you are sworn to serve and protect to take such a simple precaution against a pandemic, perhaps you would be happier working elsewhere.

No doubt the public will be happier when you’re gone.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:37 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Bye.

Vaccination should be mandatory for anyone working in public service. If you don’t think enough of the public you are sworn to serve and protect to take such a simple precaution against a pandemic, perhaps you would be happier working elsewhere.

Sure, as long as the employers don’t make their employees sign a waiver that free the employer from any kind of covid19 liability

Old 08-07-2021, 11:43 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Bye.

This is what I do not understand. The vaccinated can carry the virus, they can transmit the virus and they can still get sick from the virus but supposedly the symptoms are lesser with a quicker recovery than someone that is not vaccinated. What risk do the unvaccinated pose to those who feel safer that they got the shot?

The Police are taking all the risks here. They could respond to a 911 call and be shot at by some deranged fool or they could also be sneezed on by a covid carrier. Heck being a cop these days is so dangerous and there is always the fear of being pricked by an addicts needle and then you have HIV, Hepatitis or a lingering hit of Fentanyl that will kill you.

Vaccine mandates could be the final straw for some of these officers.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:46 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Bye.

Also, I thought if you are vaccinated, you are safe from the virus, no?

Why worry about other unvaccinated people giving you the cooties?

Old 08-07-2021, 11:47 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one has the right for force anyone to get this vaccine or to demonize them for refusing it until it is FDA approved but it hasn't been yet!
I don't think they do even if FDA approved.

The FDA is a political arm and we can't be sure their endorsement isn't tainted due to the strong arming tactics of a certain out of line President.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:52 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
They'll have to hire the social workers to fill in.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:59 AM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is what I do not understand. The vaccinated can carry the virus, they can transmit the virus and they can still get sick from the virus but supposedly the symptoms are lesser with a quicker recovery than someone that is not vaccinated. What risk do the unvaccinated pose to those who feel safer that they got the shot?

The Police are taking all the risks here. They could respond to a 911 call and be shot at by some deranged fool or they could also be sneezed on by a covid carrier. Heck being a cop these days is so dangerous and there is always the fear of being pricked by an addicts needle and then you have HIV, Hepatitis or a lingering hit of Fentanyl that will kill you.

Vaccine mandates could be the final straw for some of these officers.
All the more reason to be vaccinated.

Nobody wants an employee who may get infected and be in the hospital for months generating tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills when a simple vaccine could prevent it.

You can be infectious and a carrier of covid even if you are vaccinated. The vaccine protects you. You wear a mask to protect others. Which brings us back to people sworn to "serve and protect" refusing to do so by taking a simple precaution. If you choose to kill yourself, fine. Just don't take the innocent along with you.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:04 PM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Also, I thought if you are vaccinated, you are safe from the virus, no?

Why worry about other unvaccinated people giving you the cooties?
The problem is that they don't even have sufficient IQ to understand what a vaccine does (assuming we are dealing with a vaccine in this case). At one time, even Cletus who lived 100 miles from the nearest house with running water, and couldn't read or write, understood what a vaccine's purpose was, and who it protected and didn't protect. But those days are gone.

I've had all the typical vaccines. You know, smallpox, measles, rubella, mumps, polio, etc. Dozens of them. I'm protected against those diseases via vaccine. And I don't give one iota of a damn if everyone around me has had a smallpox vaccine or not. I don't even care if everyone around me HAS freaking SMALLPOX. Either way, I'M PROTECTED FROM SMALLPOX!!! ¿Comprende Usted?

Does that make sense to you covidophiles out there? Or does that sail right over the top of your head at 70,000 ft?

And if you are going to tell me that isn't the way it works with covid vaccine, then we aren't dealing with a "vaccine" that is worth spit, are we? It isn't worth getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies