Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 10:55 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Desantis is the best chance. He is the heir to the Trump ideology. (which is highly successful) Donald Trump himself is far more troublesome than is his successful policies. Ron Desantis on the other hand will be a far better voice for these great America first policies. Donald Trump can do a great service for the cause by endorsing good solid candidates like Desantis or Kristi Noem....not to mention Ted Cruz. These are the names of the parties new leaders. These folks will carry our message of traditional values, constitutional purity and of supporting our personal liberties to the country. Donald Trump should not run but put his political capital behind these people and work for their success. I believe Desantis has the best chance of being president in the short term. However any one of them could be one day. Hopefully they will all serve together in the next administration, an administration that will be in charge of the restoration of American democracy and greatness. The electoral coup and the rise of leftism in America has done great damage to our republic. There will be a lot of work to do.
I agree.

Except you don’t truly believe in those values, else you never would have accepted someone as amoral, lacking in character, etc. as Trump personifies.

You sold out those values for potential policy goals with Trump.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:58 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Donald Trump wants his supporters to carry a plastic card that critics say looks remarkably similar to Nazi insignia

Former President Donald Trump wants his supporters to carry plastic "Trump Cards" to demonstrate their support for him, but critics have noted how one of the designs bears a resemblance to Nazi insignia.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ics-say-2021-8
Nice try but the Trump card didn't have a Nazi symbol in the middle of it like the right one has. When did a bird become a Nazi symbol?

Old 08-07-2021, 11:00 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
I agree. But it is also not 100% on Trump. More media lying, more Antifa rioting and excuse making, more irrational positions simply because orange man bad.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:00 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Desantis is the best chance. He is the heir to the Trump ideology. (which is highly successful) Donald Trump himself is far more troublesome than is his successful policies. Ron Desantis on the other hand will be a far better voice for these great America first policies. Donald Trump can do a great service for the cause by endorsing good solid candidates like Desantis or Kristi Noem....not to mention Ted Cruz. These are the names of the parties new leaders. These folks will carry our message of traditional values, constitutional purity and of supporting our personal liberties to the country. Donald Trump should not run but put his political capital behind these people and work for their success. I believe Desantis has the best chance of being president in the short term. However any one of them could be one day. Hopefully they will all serve together in the next administration, an administration that will be in charge of the restoration of American democracy and greatness. The electoral coup and the rise of leftism in America has done great damage to our republic. There will be a lot of work to do.
ted cruz is a pathetic sniveling weasel deantis would have a much better chance of winning

Old 08-07-2021, 11:01 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
People support those that are like themselves. That's why they would support Donald Trump in 2024.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...PNL?li=BBnbfcL
Still can't imagine a Democrat I'd vote for instead of him, though.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
I truly believe Donald Trump is an evil person. Everything about him is crude, ugly, and mean-spirited.

He literally considered having the military keep him in power a d was hoping his brainless mob would overthrow the govt in January.

Trump is the worst thing that ever happened to American politics and he's a danger to America I hope a much-less psychotic republican beats him in the 2024 primaries

Old 08-07-2021, 11:06 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
If I was a Democrat I'd love to see Trump run in 2024.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:15 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think DeSantis has a good chance. The thing is with Trump running again and possibly winning is that I don't want see that liberal left hatred again for another 4 years. I wasn't a particular fan of Trump as a person but I did like his policies as they were pro-American unlike any Democrats in recent years including the present president.
That hate will be there anyway, no matter who the republicans put up. As we've seen after this last election, even winning doesn't sate them.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:21 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
If Trump is healthy and not in prison, he retakes power in 2025. I don't see any way around that.

It's guaranteed the nomination and I think whether he wins or loses, he ends up back in office one way or another.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
That hate will be there anyway, no matter who the republicans put up. As we've seen after this last election, even winning doesn't sate them.
At least you admit that Biden won. Good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies