Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 11:36 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Good for Southwest!

Don't want to see that nonsense while flying.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/activist-...222800113.html

Quote:
When she got to the gate, Grondahl said, a Southwest Airlines employee told her, "Many customers are offended by your sign." The agent asked her to either cover it with white paper and tape or to fold it to put underneath her seat.

Then Grondahl asked what would have happened if she had been wearing a T-shirt supporting Biden and Vice President Harris. The agent told her that she would have had to turn it inside out to board the flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 11:41 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
There are two sides to this; if you need to show everyone what you believe in at every turn, it's a sign of insecurity. However, what harm does she cause to others by carrying that sign? When did we become so easily offended?

Old 08-06-2021, 11:51 AM

23,619 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
"I'm looking around at the gate, and I'm thinking, how many of you was it - 20 out of 110 people? And how offended were you? What did you say?" she told The Washington Post several days after the incident. "How could people have such a visceral reaction to seeing the name of our president on a sign?"
<bbm>
I wonder what her reaction was to those who'd worn Trump hats, shirts, etc., being punched, beaten, stomped on for doing so, even little children were attacked?

Old 08-06-2021, 11:55 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
There are two sides to this; if you need to show everyone what you believe in at every turn, it's a sign of insecurity. However, what harm does she cause to others by carrying that sign? When did we become so easily offended?
People were physically attacked - for wearing Trump Hats. Where have you been???

Old 08-06-2021, 11:58 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
<bbm>
I wonder what her reaction was to those who'd worn Trump hats, shirts, etc., being punched, beaten, stomped on for doing so, even little children were attacked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
People were physically attacked - for wearing Trump Hats. Where have you been???
Right?

When I read that statement, I had to laugh out loud and wonder what planet this person has been on during the last 5 years.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:59 AM

828 posts, read 416,361 times
Quote:

It started with the Liberals. Remember when they attacked the kids in DC that were just on a school trip. And they were wearing hats that said. Make America great again.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
"we"?

Those on the left became utterly unglued and "easily offended" on June 16, 2015

Old 08-06-2021, 12:01 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Seems like more nonsense from another "activist".

The article from the Washington Post shows a picture of the sign and adds some context to this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...gn-dress-code/

Personally, I wouldn't care if she had this sign. With some of the "offensive" things people wear and display, this rates at about a 1.

But part of this makes me seem like she did this in order to try and get some reaction. The cardboard sign obviously folds up, and based on the size was going to need to be folded up on the plane anyway. So why did she feel the need to unfold it while waiting to get on the flight?

In addition to that, the sign being folded would make it less prone to bending in areas you don't want and make it less fragile. So I would think she would be doing more to protect this keepsake than she seemed to be doing. Either that or this sign really didn't mean as much as she is claiming.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"we"?

Those on the left became utterly unglued and "easily offended" on June 16, 2015
It's about time some of that stuff comes home to roost. I hope we see more of it.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Seems like more nonsense from another "activist".

The article from the Washington Post shows a picture of the sign and adds some context to this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...gn-dress-code/

Personally, I wouldn't care if she had this sign. With some of the "offensive" things people wear and display, this rates at about a 1.

But part of this makes me seem like she did this in order to try and get some reaction. The cardboard sign obviously folds up, and based on the size was going to need to be folded up on the plane anyway. So why did she feel the need to unfold it while waiting to get on the flight?

In addition to that, the sign being folded would make it less prone to bending in areas you don't want and make it less fragile. So I would think she would be doing more to protect this keepsake than she seemed to be doing. Either that or this sign really didn't mean as much as she is claiming.
It does look like the cardboard sign had been machine folded, yet she's whining about the crease that was in it because she had to fold it and put it under her seat. I wonder why she was expecting to sit on one of those narrow airplane seat with an oversized piece of cardboard, which would have gotten into other people's way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies