Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 01:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
^^^ Thanks for proving my point. Your way or the highway. Anyone else's viewpoint is "invalid."
Nope. You made contradictory arguments. I pointed that out and instead of addressing them, you ran.

You can not argue that your chance of getting the virus is small, while also arguing that you want herd immunity(natural immunity), because you have to infect like 70% of the population to get there, negating the argument of you having a small chance of getting the virus.

Quote:
You still can't say why I need to take an experimental vax when I have a .01% chance of having any problems as a young, healthy person. WHY? I accept the risk fully and willingly.
accepting a risk doesnt make your argument valid, you are conflating 2 very different things.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:29 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
How would we EVER "repeat the events of last year" if THIS year more than 70% of our population already either has natural immunity or has had the vaccine?

How would that EVER even be possible? Can you explain that logic to me, or is this more emotion?
Peak hospitalization last year was 133k people, with over 600k dead. Assuming half of those numbers given 50% vaccination, we can estimate maxing out at 65k hospitalized with 300k dead, provided we use masks, lock down, etc. as we did last year. Get the vaccine, and the health care system has less strain, and less people die. There is no data whatsoever that suggests getting a vaccine puts a person more at risk than not getting the vaccine.

People not wanting to vaccinate because they are nervous about a theoretical side effect that isn't seen or suggested is fear of the unknown (which I do understand), but that's the emotional response in this scenario.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:29 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
I accept the risk fully and willingly.
No you don't.... the risk is absorbed/mitigated at the hospital that has to treat you.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Come on libs, be at least a little rational in your thought process. You're doing the same thing with the vaccine that you do with any of your other arguments...your way or the highway...those who disagree are terrorists!

Can't you AT LEAST admit that there IS a valid argument AGAINST the taking the vaccine for many people?

Here are some facts:

1. Most people in this county will have a VERY SMALL likelihood of having any major problems with the virus. The survival rate is well over 99.9% now. Most cases are minor or asymptomatic. You likely have WAY LESS than a 1% chance of having any problems at all other than a mild flu symptom, vaxed or not...

2. The vaccine is not fully FDA approved.

3. Natural immunity is a reality for millions of people who aren't vaccinated. Many top doctors believe this is as good or better than artificial immunity. In fact, in countries where they aren't awash in excess vaccine, even the Mayo Clinic says that those who have already had the virus shouldn't be vaccinated!

4. There is ABSOLUTELY a chance that there are unintended long-term side effects from the vaccine. Some simply don't see a .01% chance of having major issues as a worthy trade for that!

Sure, there are also good arguments for taking it too! But CAN'T YOU AT LEAST ADMIT THAT MILLIONS SIMPLY WON'T TAKE IT AND FOR VALID REASONS?!

You have drama queens here talking about unvaccinated people as "public menaces," etc. This shows how little understanding of macro statistics they have, and how whipped up into a frenzy their local viro-dooming politicians have gotten them, and also how crazy they have become wishing for the central government to start overriding personal health decisions and plunge needles into our arms. George Orwell would be impressed!

I thought you're the party of "empathy" and "science?"

Do you get insurance for lightning strikes too? There are pros and cons to the vaccine, there are pros and cons of getting the virus. Don't we all have the right to make those choices and accept those risks on our own?
I would love to see links to the science behind the points you're trying to make. Simply stating them without documentation is not very convincing.

That said - America is a wonderful place. You can be an absolute idiot and commit suicide by whatever method you choose. If you are unvaccinated, it is a simple thing to abide by the rules that government and businesses set to insure public safety. Pleas do so, and you won't hear a peep out of me.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:31 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
So again, the case load in Alabama is half of its all time highs and it never was "Full" even then.

Now you want us to believe that it is "close to full" at only half the case count?

Uh huh. Again, the instant that someone is denied access to a hospital anywhere in the country, the liberal news media will be there. Let me know when that happens.
I'm just posting what I read. I'm not the one reporting it and I'm not arguing about it.

And then there's this. Very sad.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/us/ho...vid/index.html

Old 08-06-2021, 01:31 PM

574 posts, read 299,369 times
Because liberals want to be in lockstep with the demented fuhrer. They depend on the gubment to tell them everything.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:34 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Oh...liberals understand. Aparantly far better than conservatives.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:34 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm just posting what I read. I'm not the one reporting it and I'm not arguing about it.

And then there's this. Very sad.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/us/ho...vid/index.html
Yup... this is happening. I believe those that couldn't get the vaccine for various reasons should have priority over those that are in an ICU and chose to risk it without a vaccine. Every one of those unvaccinated people taking up an ICU is indirectly responsible for the increased risk to that child's health...

One of my son is respiratory compromised since birth. He has issues even before all this covid stuff. Unfortunately, he is too young to get the vaccine. As a family we mitigate risk as best as possible by vaccinating myself, wife, and elder son. He and his twin brother (who is not respiratory compromised) still wear their masks when indoors. One of my fears is precisely what that family is going through....

Old 08-06-2021, 01:36 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Scott Apley was an anti-vaxxer. Operative word "was". His last Facebook post mocked covid. He died five days later.

Don't be a Scott Apley.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...253276493.html

Old 08-06-2021, 01:36 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
I heard more than one pundit say that the Conservative Covid strategy of not supporting mandates is ultimately a losing strategy. Why, because a certain portion will get sick, some will get really sick and change their antivax stance, some will die leaving the surviving family to rethink and turn against the movement. As Covid becomes more serious, the opposition to the jab will collapse. {not my opinion}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies