Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 09:48 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Your empathy is showing.
Not.

“As of noon Saturday, there are six available ICU beds in the 11-county hospital region that includes Austin-Travis County, according to Texas Department of State Health Services. There are also only 499 available regular hospital beds.

That means 98.8% of all ICU beds in the region are in use.
“We’ve gone from having 70 new cases a day to almost 600 new cases a day. Right now in our hospitals, we have 477 people admitted to the hospital with COVID-19,” Dr. Desmar Walkes, Austin-Travis County Health Authority said during this week’s town hall. “And 161 of them are in ICU. One hundred people on ventilators. So, we’ve come to a serious time in our community… almost all of the people who are in the hospital right now are unfortunately unvaccinated.””

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...central-texas/
In Austin. The mask wearing and lockdown capitol of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 10:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
You made a comment without substantiation.
I just did provide proof

Quote:
It is not a protocol that has been preached, so I asked for a source.
And you got two. Anything else I can help you with?

Old 08-08-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Your responses are incongruous to scientific consensus on COVID and what long-term, sustainable weigh loss programs actually entail.
Your response is just made up garbage lacking substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Thank you, however, for illustrating why we need true medical professionals to give public health guidance, particularly in a pandemic. Very best.
Thank you for proving you don't have any understanding of even the most basic health care fundamentals. As if someone needs to go to a doctor to understand obesity is harmful.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:52 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In Austin. The mask wearing and lockdown capitol of Texas.
Texas governor outlawed mask mandates in Texas 3 months ago. Cities and counties and school districts cannot mandate masks within their jurisdictions.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...andating-masks

Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Government Entities From Mandating Masks

May 18, 2021 | Austin, Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order prohibiting governmental entities in Texas — including counties, cities, school districts, public health authorities, or government officials — from requiring or mandating mask wearing.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:08 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
I can only assume you're being obtuse at this point. I asked for sources and corrected you on surgical vs N95 masks. You did not reply back to the 30 foot rule you claimed, so I asked again (below)

Quote:
Where did you get "30" feet? Was that some arbitrary number you made up or is that some new protocol?
You answered but also asked a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You haven't heard of wind or inside air flow because of central heat and air conditioning that takes it beyond the 6 foot gravity factor?......
I answered your question

Quote:
You made a comment without substantiation. It is not a protocol that has been preached, so I asked for a source.
And then you reply with the following.

Quote:
I just did provide proof

And you got two. Anything else I can help you with?
I can only assume that you did not want me to answer your question...so maybe you shouldn't have asked it?

Old 08-08-2021, 01:35 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
“As of noon Saturday, there are six available ICU beds in the 11-county hospital region that includes Austin-Travis County, according to Texas Department of State Health Services. There are also only 499 available regular hospital beds.

That means 98.8% of all ICU beds in the region are in use.
“We’ve gone from having 70 new cases a day to almost 600 new cases a day. Right now in our hospitals, we have 477 people admitted to the hospital with COVID-19,” Dr. Desmar Walkes, Austin-Travis County Health Authority said during this week’s town hall. “And 161 of them are in ICU. One hundred people on ventilators. So, we’ve come to a serious time in our community… almost all of the people who are in the hospital right now are unfortunately unvaccinated.””
After all that, we have no idea how much of the ICU problem is duie to Covid cases. You didn't tell us the percentage of ICU beds that are occupied by Covid patient, nor did you give us the percentage at other times of the pandemic to put it in perspective. Without more info, everything you said is perfectly meaningless.

Old 08-08-2021, 02:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
After all that, we have no idea how much of the ICU problem is duie to Covid cases. You didn't tell us the percentage of ICU beds that are occupied by Covid patient, nor did you give us the percentage at other times of the pandemic to put it in perspective. Without more info, everything you said is perfectly meaningless.
I did supply the link along with what you quoted.
Did you open it or would that have been too much work?

Old 08-08-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I can only assume you're being obtuse at this point. I asked for sources and corrected you on surgical vs N95 masks. You did not reply back to the 30 foot rule you claimed, so I asked again (below)
I did answer and provided 2 links.

Quote:
You answered but also asked a question
I answered your question
Why would anyone need to ask was my point. That wind or inside air movement is something that we are obviously aware of.

Quote:
And then you reply with the following.

I can only assume that you did not want me to answer your question...so maybe you shouldn't have asked it?
You assumed incorrectly. That's on you.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:08 PM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
I did answer and provided 2 links.

Why would anyone need to ask was my point. That wind or inside air movement is something that we are obviously aware of.

You assumed incorrectly. That's on you.
Obtuse it is. I can't help you beyond putting the replies in chronological order. You can try and mislead all you want.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:08 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/statu...57888903831556

In Texas, an 11 month-old baby with seizures due to COVID is on life support and had to be airlifted 150 miles away to Temple because Police cars revolving light. No Pediatric Hospitals in Houston had ICU Beds to accept her as a transfer patient.

From ABC-Houston

This would very likely NEVER have happened if people didn't get sucked into paranoid fantasies about vaccinations containing trackers, or magnetized the skin (see Ohio State Legislative hearing), or believe that the vaccines cause sterility (any accusations appealing to sex or something related to it, INSTANT "be skeptical about this" for me). Just to name two things about the no-vaxxer nonsense.
Ummmm.....................

It's due to the flood of unvaccinated illegals Biden is letting in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies