Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 09:44 AM

19,452 posts, read 9,004,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
There are plans to disrupt his business today.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p...rth-of-a-genre

Pranks calls, bad reviews, attempts to get him banned from selling “Star wars” items, are already in the works.
Not surprising given the mindset of extremists (on both sides), but I feel very sorry for the old man.

I know there are many very good reasons for people to remain where they are, but I would be willing to bet there are many people who are regretting their decision to move to some of these ultra-liberal places -- or to not move out of them when they still had the ability to do so.

Although I would suspect that the old man would scoff at such an idea, I would also be willing to bet that many people would contribute to a GoFundMe account to enable him to move to a new place, although I am VERY sorry that he might lose his business over this and/or be subjected to further harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 09:53 AM

32,847 posts, read 12,115,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Not surprising given the mindset of extremists (on both sides), but I feel very sorry for the old man.

I know there are many very good reasons for people to remain where they are, but I would be willing to bet there are many people who are regretting their decision to move to some of these ultra-liberal places -- or to not move out of them when they still had the ability to do so.

Although I would suspect that the old man would scoff at such an idea, I would also be willing to bet that many people would contribute to a GoFundMe account to enable him to move to a new place, although I am VERY sorry that he might lose his business over this and/or be subjected to further harassment.
According to niche.com’s description, Aberdeen’s residents tend to lean conservative.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:57 AM

900 posts, read 371,428 times
I wouldn't waste my time arguing with an elderly man who is a fan of Star Wars... this is too ridiculous.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,349,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
The news reports always refer to the him as a her. Lol, it has gotten so common it has just become accepted.
No. I don't think it's accepted. If they did do it the right way they could lose their jobs and careers.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:06 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,892,182 times
It takes absolutely no effort to respect someone and call them what they ask to be called. The store owner needs to get over himself and grow up a bit or he's in for a long, hard life.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:10 PM

1,465 posts, read 612,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How about not putting the sign up in the first place? Guy did it deliberately looking for a reaction & GASP, got one. Oh well.
Do you feel the same about people who put 'blm' signs in their windows?

Old 08-07-2021, 02:16 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,339,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for the store owner, the shame attempt ended up backfiring.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-chick...200800951.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh-Z5e2lsP0
I have no problems with transgender people. Most just want to be treated with human decency. This said, this particular transgender person is overreacting.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:22 PM

1,465 posts, read 612,831 times
Quote:
I’m actually tired of seeing BLM signs. Happy?
Would you be OK with someone breaking their b*lls over their sign?

Or should people not react?

Old 08-07-2021, 02:36 PM

16,308 posts, read 10,329,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
It takes absolutely no effort to respect someone and call them what they ask to be called. The store owner needs to get over himself and grow up a bit or he's in for a long, hard life.
Indeed so. If Councilman Meskis wishes to be addressed as Tiesa, then that's exactly what I'll do. If he wishes to be addressed more formally, and in a non-gendered way, then I'll refer to him as Councilperson Meskis. But I'm not going to enter into his delusion and call him a woman, because that would be a lie.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:36 PM

11,096 posts, read 7,840,199 times
Quote:
How about not putting the sign up in the first place? Guy did it deliberately looking for a reaction & GASP, got one. Oh well.
How about….freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies