Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 09:30 AM

4,376 posts, read 1,692,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Let's start with the ways you are aware of.

Oh man, don't get me started on that equal opportunity thing. I applied for an apprenticeship in the trades back about 15 years ago. I was one of the top scores on the aptitude test. They took the top 100 and gave us all interviews. My brother told me they had to hire me because I was a woman. You know I can handle physical work. I did not get the job. They actually called in people below the top 100 to fill the hiring out and they hired my brother's quarter-wit BIL. I am so tired of people trotting out that excuse.
I once got a job at an elementary school because I was a man, and the hiring team thought they needed more men with the kids. After that, I had school employees confronting me quite a bit often because I was a man, but they likely wouldn't have confronted a woman doing the same task (like collecting fire extinguishers to be recharged... someone actually thought I was stealing 23 fire extinguishers!). And then there were parents who complained to the boss whenever I was the only adult in the room with the kids. There was never any once incident that made them concerned, they literally just said, "I just don't think a man should be alone with the kids." My boss eventually told them that I was an employee, and employees are sometimes the only adult in a room full of kids, and if they didn't like it, they could take their kids somewhere else. I may have gotten this job, but I sure paid for it in many different ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 10:39 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stolen from whom? There were no natives to this country/continent. All of our distant ancestors migrated here from somewhere else including those of the Amerindians. The Europeans had just as much right to migrate here as they did as there was no land ownership, governments, borders or immigration laws hundreds of years ago. Get a grip!
As long as it is legal you can kill people.

I believe Jesus preached that.

Last edited by whogo; 08-08-2021 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-08-2021, 10:47 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
This is a tactic the divisive left has been employing now for a while. Telling children and adults of color that they need "someone that looks like them" in all various walks of life in order for their...I don't know, soul to not be broken?

But it's strange. For a few reasons:

- If people need someone that looks like them, why do we need diversity?
- If people need someone who looks like them, why do they leave their homelands and go to places with lots of people who don't look like them?

I thought we shouldn't judge people on how they look. I thought we should teach our children to love all people, and to look up to all decent people, no matter what color they are. What gives?
How come, if you watch commercials these days, you never see same race couples. If you do, it’s rare.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:49 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I once got a job at an elementary school because I was a man, and the hiring team thought they needed more men with the kids. After that, I had school employees confronting me quite a bit often because I was a man, but they likely wouldn't have confronted a woman doing the same task (like collecting fire extinguishers to be recharged... someone actually thought I was stealing 23 fire extinguishers!). And then there were parents who complained to the boss whenever I was the only adult in the room with the kids. There was never any once incident that made them concerned, they literally just said, "I just don't think a man should be alone with the kids." My boss eventually told them that I was an employee, and employees are sometimes the only adult in a room full of kids, and if they didn't like it, they could take their kids somewhere else. I may have gotten this job, but I sure paid for it in many different ways.
I met a professor in college who spoke about teachers in elementary schools. She told me that the reason we don't see more male teachers in elementary schools is because they don't want male teachers in elementary schools. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:51 AM

8,928 posts, read 2,959,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Is your argument that people need someone who "looks like me" to the exclusion of all other races?

Isn't it perfectly conceivable that people can look up to people of any race but celebrate people who "look like me" a little more?

I'm just not understanding your argument or why this keeps you up at night.
Because the woke left are tying themselves in logical knots with this constant "racist" trope.

On one hand they want "diversity." On the other than they "want someone that looks like me."

"Diversity" to the left just means less white people. Let's be honest.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:55 AM

10,442 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not much difference between the suburban black and the suburban white.

It's mainly urban Dewayne and Trailer park Bubba where conflict occurs.

Worked with working class blacks my whole life never seen much difference between them and me.
Seems the backwoods country folk and the black gangsta rappers too are starting to see common ground on things. And this terrifies the hell of the top 1 percent because these are the two groups that get things done and can go on without any government interference.

Just saying, but I bet Snoop Dogg had a better time hanging out with Willie Nelson than he would Barrack Obama.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
No, YOU are missing the point. I see many people who leave nations WHERE EVERYONE LOOKS LIKE THEM. If being around people that look like them is that important, then they have got some nerve moving into a predominately white nation and belly aching about the demographics. Are these people demented, or are they just that dumb that they didn't think western civilization was predominate white?

Moreover, as I stated, if diversity is our strength like you always say it is...then they should be requesting people who don't look like them.
You're all over the board. Who is moving in and complaining about the demographics - and demographics of what?

That isn't the same as having been here hundreds of years and wanting to be represented by having someone that looks like them as their teachers, leaders, on tv, in books, etc.

So what exactly are you complaining about here because you've now mentioned two different things.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:33 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
This is a tactic the divisive left has been employing now for a while. Telling children and adults of color that they need "someone that looks like them" in all various walks of life in order for their...I don't know, soul to not be broken?

But it's strange. For a few reasons:

- If people need someone that looks like them, why do we need diversity?
- If people need someone who looks like them, why do they leave their homelands and go to places with lots of people who don't look like them?

I thought we shouldn't judge people on how they look. I thought we should teach our children to love all people, and to look up to all decent people, no matter what color they are. What gives?

They really don't want diversity in anything.. it is their way or the highway. We can't even have two points of view. The left wants electric cars, no gas driven cars.. they want to dictate what we an drive. What we can think, what we can know. They cancel anything that does not fit their narrative of what we are to know. Many watching MSM have been given one side only for years.. it is called bias propaganda.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:36 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The fact is though this country was founded on white, European demographics and culture. Not saying that some diversity is bad but when you have two more more cultures competing for dominance within one country then you have clash, resentment and balkinization. Most countries have an identifying culture and language which goes along with their dominant demographics. For example, Japan, China, Mexico, etc. all have that. Yet for some reason that isn't acceptable here. We were supposed to be a melting pot not a salad bowl and IMO we are losing our identity because of the latter.
This, too, is a different argument than representation, and wanting someone in different positions who 'looks like me'.

I do believe we're losing our culture the same way places in Europe has. That's a whole other thread, but to say this IS a white nation is wrong. This is a melting pot - like you I agree that the problem is newcomers aren't interested in melting into what's already here.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:45 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
A few days before the interview I had the President of the Union I work for call their President and try and put in a good word for me. He called the guy and put it on speakerphone. At first, he was all jovial and talkative. When the Trades guy asked my Prez if I was a "good guy". My Prez said "actually it's a she." End of the conversation. When the phone hung up we both looked at each other in disbelief. I thought it was just that guy so I went anyway assured that they had a quota so they couldn't discriminate. WRONG

I knew what they did was wrong but I had a decent job already and a young family. I didn't have time for all the drama if I proved what they had done. In retrospect 2006 was a horrible time to embark on a career in the trades. My brother lost everything in 08. So did quarter-wit. I am glad I avoided that fate myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies