Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 09:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Let them get the training camps up and running again? Let them start beheading people suspected of helping Americans? Have we forgotten the people who jumped out of the WTC on 9/11? Seriously, what's next?
The Taliban takeover was inevitable.

The only way to stop it is to stay there forever. Is that what you would prefer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 09:10 AM

21,127 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Biden should be charged with war crimes.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:11 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
[quote=ClaraC;61688720]I'm sure there are interesting scattered stories of citizen resistance here and there.

The government welcomed the Nazis, and so didn't resist.[/QUOTE]

French military casualties during the Battle of France were approximately 85,000 dead and 120,000 wounded.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:13 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My view on this.

No one else is willing to play policeman of the world. NATO and the UN might, but not a single country.

Those trillions could have gone to fund our infrastructure. However, there is something to consider. War benefits alot of manufacturers. Airplanes, helicopters, tanks, jeeps, weapons, shoes, shirts, etc, they make alot of money making goods for the military.

I read a National Geographic article about the state of Connecticut. One part of the article that stuck out to me was a man who worked for a submarine manufacturer. He remembered when the Berlin Wall fell. Soon after that, he was laid off.

Many people aren't going to complain about war so long as their jobs aren't hurt by it. Many won't complain so long as they make money.
True.

Ever see the movie Canadian Bacon (1995) where the USA tries to start a new Cold War with Canada to keep the weapons factories open? Hilarious movie.

6,666 posts, read 2,969,843 times
yep,..back to the neocon war machine overseas. I was enjoying the relative non-interference. But Biden seems to fall back into the meddling mindset.

I am sick of the UN not having any ballz to say anything or back us up too.

Then we go in an wreck stuff and yay,.even more people hate the mighty US.
Trying to help an ungrateful world.

We need to circle wagons and just let them eat each other. If you want our help, ask and support.

Not secretly want our help but too scared to politically admit it.
punks.

;p

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Sorry but clinging to the wheel of a plane as it takes off is a sure way to get oneself killed. Whose fault is that?
First of all, it is the fault of those who attempted it. And second of all, it is the fault of Joe Biden for bungling the evacuation process.

To those of us sitting safely at our keyboards in America, clinging to the wheel of a departing airplane is about as stupid a thing you can do. But I'm not going to fault the people who did it. After all, when you're driven to extreme desperation -- such as knowing that you'll be tortured and killed if you can't escape -- you'll do just about anything. Furthermore, a person in a state of panicky desperation is not likely to be even capable of rational thought. And finally, it's possible that some of those people have never even been on a plane before. They may not know anything about wheels retracting or lack of pressurization at altitude or anything like that. Maybe their only frame of reference would be sitting on the roof of a bus as it bounced along a dusty country road. Uncomfortable, sure, and not without risk, but rarely a fatal thing to do.

So, no, I'm not prepared to fault the desperate people for doing what desperate people do. While it's true that they're directly responsible for their own deaths, the real blame for putting them into this situation lies elsewhere.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:14 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Aren't you proud of voting for Biden.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:14 AM

21,127 posts, read 19,707,707 times
I wonder if we will have a wave of Afghanistan refugees coming to the US like we did with Vietnam?

Old 08-16-2021, 09:15 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder if we will have a wave of Afghanistan refugees coming to the US like we did with Vietnam?
Already started.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:16 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
he completely ignored all the intelligence that predicted this ridiculously obvious outcome.

now the stupidest president in US history blames trump for this.

funny how he had no problem going against damn near everything trump ever did, but in this instance, suddenly he is absolutely powerless to change course

Biden says he bears ‘zero responsibility' for Afghanistan debacle
I think the American public will be the judge of that and not Biden.

Biden was warned by military advisers and allies not to withdraw the troops but ignored them.

Biden is a notoriously bad politician when it comes to Foreign Policy decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies