Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 03:59 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And like I said, I don't see them sending any of their troops to stop it. They could, but they won't because then it would take away money from one of their precious social programs. The world loves to laugh at America and her lack of health care and other social endeavors, but then they don't realize it's because we were the military might that kept Europe safe from invaders.

So again, this is all just showing how Europe, NATO and the UN are completely useless without the United States, the country that they love to hate. I know they secretly would love China to come in and destroy the USA, but then they realize that the USA is the only military power keeping China in check. If we fall, the world will change and it won't be pretty. Might as well kiss all liberal ideologies good bye.

The debacle is the reason why Europe would need to go in and fight. But that's the point. Why should they need to? They didn't start the war. They've been supporting you in that war effort.

I agree that the war needed to be brought to an end and no, I do not have any suggestion how it might have been done better but I would suggest not leaving US military equipment behind would have been an idea.

"I know they secretly would love China to come in and destroy the USA" No you 'know' that. Most of the free world are all for the US. We do as you allude to, lean on you for our security. If America falls, what would become of us? Well, our biggest fear is that the the US will fall to the liberals which will give our liberals the chance to take over our free countries.

"Might as well kiss all liberal ideologies good bye." Yes, please do! Liberal ideologies do not have a good track record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Bingo. Carter never overcome the hostage crisis. LBJ could not overcome Vietnam. This is Biden's Hostage Crisis/Fall of Saigon rolled in one.
Nixon was POTUS at the end of Vietnam, he was reelected.

The American people want out of another war with no end. Biden took us out of a bad situation.

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Egg on the face of our woke military. The joke of the world today, along with sidekick xi biden. Embarassing

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
[url]https://twitter.com/nuffsaidny/status/1427285034801713160[/ur

What Americans don't understand is that "Death to America" means death to US policies like imperialism, not to the people.
Wow. I could have sworn, those were PEOPLE jumping from the burning World Trade Centers.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:00 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So he should have stayed there so that he wouldn't have to admit he didn't do anything to stop it 10 years ago? Sounds like a great way to handle international affairs.
He should have done more as VP to get them out if he felt so passionatly about it as he led people to believe in his speech. He's worthless. Many new that and others didn't want to listen.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:00 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Video Ranger Stories

Biden's speech can be condensed into what he knew many years ago but was helpless to change.

But he was man enough to say out loud that many would criticized his decision to get "out of Dodge Toot Sweet.' "in a hurry." "Right now." "Hang the consequences." "To support the progressive woke policies."

"Think about all the women hood."

Ultimately, it was a waste of money." he said.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:02 PM

6,984 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
We have controlled Germany & Japan since 1945, w/o issues. It beats the alternative. We just had a POTUS create a giant humanitarian crisis. The beheaded tonight in Afghanistan are Biden's fault. The buck stops with him, and I will hold him 100% accountable for every single ounce of blood spilled.
The Taliban are kidnapping family members of people currently in the United States and demanding they return to Afghanistan to face justice else their family will be executed.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:02 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
I think our military is quite capable of multi-tasking. You seem to think they can only address one issue at a time.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The Trump May 1st plan would have gotten all the military equipment out. Biden scrapped that timeline and plan because whoever is pulling his strings is desperate to not give Trump a W. They decided to make sure this was the "Biden exit strategy."

When you do that, you get all the credit and blame. Obviously, Biden's puppeteers didn't think it would go this badly.
It's easy to say that after the fact. Most of nothing from 2017-2021 ever went to plan. He is also the one who let the current "Afghanistan president" out of prison. He takes blame in this, along with Biden, Bush for even starting this in the first place, Obama for letting it carry on, Rumsfield for simply caring about the military industrial complex and geopolitical advantages, the Afghan government for simply running away, the media for overstating our dominance, etc, etc, etc.

Folks will use every excuse to give Biden all the blame and give Trump none. It's not a Trump vs Biden to me. They both screwed up here, and like I said: they aren't the only two. No one is untouchable or immune to criticism, I dont care how much theyre worshiped.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:04 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Maybe Trump's plan would have worked. Maybe it would have failed. Maybe the plan was good, but the execution would have failed. We will never know any of this. What we DO know is that Biden's execution of his plan (which, in and of itself, may or may not have been a good one) was an unmitigated disaster.

Deflect all you want. Biden owns this.
We also know that President Trump drew down the Troop Level in Afghanistan from 8,400 when he took office to 2,500 in 2020. Not a single US Death in all of 2020.
Afghanistan was stable ….. just like Iraq was stable when Biden was put in charge of Iraq.

Iraq fell apart and ISIS was born.
We will certainly see repercussions from this latest Biden Brainstorm (pun intended)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies