Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2021, 07:31 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That's not the issue. There was a way to do it without killing tens if not hundreds of thousands of former allies and allowing another terrorist training ground.

Biden failed in every respect and the world will pay the price for his stupidity and incompetence for decades. It's not just on Biden. I blame the people who voted for him as well because they were warned. There was ample evidence from Biden's 50 year career in government to understand that he just isn't very smart, has terrible judgment and is not qualified to sit in the Oval Office.
How did he fail? It was long overdue to leave. 20-years of occupancy, bin laden was found and killed by Obama. There was nothing more to do. No more reason to stay there.

Biden is the sacrificial lamb. At 78, this is the twilight of his life. He had to run to defeat the populist conservative and now he’s the one to end the longest war in US history. Nobody else had the guts to do either. Everybody else is afraid to ruin their career.

I’m fine with him going all in and pulling out. 10 years from now he will be remembered to save this republic from itself. And many of us will be saying I’m glad he did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 07:40 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
They "aint seen nothing yet"!

Biden is only 7 months into his "presidency" and will have many more disasters to come.
Biden presidential career is through. No more disasters because of him. Future disasters will come from Harris.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:43 PM

8,118 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
It was always a dream, because you had to be asleep to believe it. I see a lot of the "America First" crowd, whining about leaving behind a mess, what did anybody think was going to happen at any point in the last 20 years?

We invaded Afghanistan to "bring justice" to Saudi-funded, CIA-trained terrorists who were being harbored in Pakistan. Nobody was ever going to win, other than Boeing, Lockheed, and all of the other arms manufacturers and defense contractors that made off with trillions. There was never a way to end this clean, which is why both Obama and Trump went back in their promises to end it. They knew this would happen and didn't want to deal with the optics.
Great post
The writing was on the wall all this time.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:44 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Biden presidential career is through. No more disasters because of him. Future disasters will come from Harris.
Lol is it?. The 78 year old sacrificial lamb? The guy who barely campaigned, sat in his basement to defeat the conservative populist? The guy who decided to end the longest war in the history of the US because nobody else had the guts since 2001 to leave? Osama bin laden was destroyed and his followers were roached. It was long overdue to leave.

I hope Biden keeps going. Be the sacrificial lamb and push for things others are afraid to do. He’s 78… twilight of life. Go out with a bang.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:44 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
NATO hasn't exactly contributed much to any wars of significance. So, big whoopie. Got to keep things in perspective here.
Agreed. UN and NATO and all these other world organizations have been sucking the USA dry while lifting up other countries. Europe can have their great social programs because they don't have to worry about funding a military like the USA. We are sent to be the world's police so the rest of the world could live in peace and live a great life while Americans have nothing to show for their hard work, tax dollars and the blood of our military.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,592 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Normally, a thread title like this would include a link.

When I googled the thread title, the ONLY HIT I GOT, was to this very thread.

Link, OP, to what you're stating?

Old 08-17-2021, 07:50 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Its for the identity politics. "Look! We can have a mixed race woman as the President! Yay black women!"
We already did the “history-making” bit with her. She turned out to be even worse than anticipated, though. Putting her in Biden’s place won’t help the Democrats any. There’s got to be something else.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
It's interesting. Most of my co-workers thought it was an interesting event, but deep down they only cared about Americans leaving. So for them, Biden did the right thing despite the evacuation fiasco. My cousin has a son in the military. He is thankful for the pullout. He doesn't want his son in an unnecessary war with no clear objective. I totally concur.
Biden didn't do the right thing since he left American citizens behind. Did you tell them that?

Old 08-17-2021, 07:56 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,592 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Military advisors? No, they begged him not to do this. They knew. Intelligence people warned them not to - remember the reporter specifically asking him about it around a week ago?

Now, Blinkin, the NSA guy, and Kamala “I was the last one in the room” Harris, might be a different story.
I'm struggling to believe Biden made these decisions. He's clearly got difficulties with mental faculties.

I don't think he could have come up with the scenario of Americans being helicoptered off roofs himself. I really don't.

I still believe he was given information, by his advisors, that seemed very sound at the time but proved false as the weeks progressed.

I don't think Biden is running any of the show.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:59 PM

29,799 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is how we operate in the Democratic world - we don't cuddle the POTUS like the right-wing, we don't treat the POTUS like he is infallible.

We will criticize and get to the bottom when it's called for. I know this spirit of making the POTUS responsible is completely new to the right-wing, so just shut up and watch how things should be done.

You were defending him yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies