Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 09:12 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,879,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
The situation in Afghanistan is yet another Trump foreign policy failure. He should be impeached again over this in my opinion.
Biden is responsible for this colossal failure as POTUS...not Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The mess he has left there and the apparent weakness of our country right now will bring us future wars.
Your crystal ball works far better than mine.

So, the withdrawal the previous administration negotiated would have left less of a mess in A'stan. Is that your position? Bear in mind this current cluster**** of a final evacuation will have zero lasting effects on Afghani society and how the country is governed.

8,625 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
The situation in Afghanistan is yet another Trump foreign policy failure. He should be impeached again over this in my opinion.
lol...

Try again.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
For now. But who knows, he might pull out then send 'em back in...he's just that lost.

Anyway, do you think I was talking about just this one? Nope, any of them. He did say that it seems we will soon be in a "real shooting war with a major power". You get that, right?

Will Biden* voters go fight his wars for him?
Your crystal ball works better than mine, too.

So, now we've gone from "doddering old fool" to the next incarnation of Nostradamus when it comes to Biden? A fella could get whiplash trying to keep up.

Seems to me, when I swore my enlistment oath, it didn't reference a specific President. That was in '98, though, so things might have changed.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:17 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Your crystal ball works far better than mine.

So, the withdrawal the previous administration negotiated would have left less of a mess in A'stan. Is that your position? Bear in mind this current cluster**** of a final evacuation will have zero lasting effects on Afghani society and how the country is governed.
??????????????

As has been said earlier, it was the CONDUCT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WITHDRAWL without appropriate contingency plans that was the disaster.

Additionally, Biden ignored intel about the Taliban rapidly gaining ground and thus the chaos. Like most liberals, Biden is arrogant and assumed (despite being demented) that he knew better than the military personnel on the ground there.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:18 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Yeah, sure, since the U.S. had only been in Afghanistan for a mere 15 years when Trump took office.
Do you unthinking, knee jerk partisans ever actually engage in rational thought?

Old 08-18-2021, 09:19 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
How was Trump supposed to spend any time dealing with Afghanistan when he was dealing with two impeachments, his reelection, the deep state, fake news, and Hunter Biden?

Old 08-18-2021, 09:20 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Biden will be criticized for the ugly exit from Afghanistan, but in the big picture, he had the guts to make the tough decision.

The bottom line is a President has to surround himself with good advisors, listen to their advice, and make the tough decisions. The CIA predicted a quick collapse of the Afghan army and that advice appears not to have made it to Biden. We'll see.
Trump is the one who made the decision to finally end that war, not Biden.

Biden took a wrecking ball to everything. It doesn't take "the guts" to destroy an orderly withdrawal, and turn it into a chaotic, panicked, dishonorable surrender, leaving 10,000 Americans behind, and abandoning tens of thousands of the Afghani friends who have been working with the US for decades. These loyal friends now face death, rape and slavery.

All Biden had to do was stick to our May 1st agreement with the Taliban, and we would have seen a peaceful, orderly withdrawal for all our people and our friends.

All of this should have been over and done with - three months ago!!!

Old 08-18-2021, 09:24 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This was common knowledge in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Hopefully, the US learns some lessons.
I actually know a hight paid contractor who was in Iraqi and Afghanistan for years. He told me some stories how they all became millionaires by cooking books, ordering bogus supplies, pocketing lots of $$$ by saying that they had to pay skilled workers while they paid just pennies unskilled Afghans. There was no budget limits and no one was overseeing their spendings. It was a job of their lives and they are looking for to get into other war zones created by the US.
No, the US is not learning any lessons.
LOTS of people are getting rich on wars and other people misery (pandemic).
Read this about US contractors:
https://www.marketplace.org/2021/08/...rofits-of-war/
https://www.pogo.org/analysis/2020/0...keeps-growing/

Last edited by elnina; 08-18-2021 at 09:45 AM..

Old 08-18-2021, 09:28 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Trump is not president.

Biden didn’t listen to his own Generals, and this is the result.

Quote:
President Biden’s decision to remove all U.S. troops from Afghanistan ran counter to the recommendations of his top military commanders, who feared it could undermine security in the country.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-r...an-11618696597
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies