Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 07:20 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Biden did not see the handwriting on the wall. Did he even see the wall? Appears not.

Jake Sullivan: Biden didn't think it was "inevitable" Taliban would take control

https://www.axios.com/biden-taliban-...6e3cccf7f.html

• "The Taliban is not the North Vietnamese army. They’re not remotely comparable in terms of capability," Biden told reporters on July 8.
  • "There’s going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable."
Wow....he definitely called that one wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 07:25 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
This is heartbreaking. How many US military members are going to be able to live with themselves having to hear this and being absolutely helpless to do anything about it? You know they want to come home, but not like this.

https://twitter.com/tagabhishek/stat...160944647?s=20

I apparently don’t know how to copy/paste a Tweet, but click on the link to see some footage of what’s happening on the ground in Afghanistan. I just have no words.

Last edited by katygirl68; 08-19-2021 at 07:36 AM..

Old 08-19-2021, 07:28 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
I'd be willing to bet most everyone on here who's taking a poke at Biden has at some time or other raged at our Presidents for meddling in Afghanistan. No one wanted to be there. The government never amounted to anything, and now with the fleeing of the Afghan president, everything fell apart like a house of cards.

The mess was just waiting to happen. Today, tomorrow, next December - it would have been the same.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:30 AM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you think this would have been any different if they pulled out May 1 or next year, pretty obvious that the Afghan force was a house of cards. Still don't see why these citizens didn't leave earlier, it puts us in a difficult position. Americans wanted us out of there period.
Maybe because our government pulled a quick one and "just left".

They should have evacuated all American citizens first before pulling out.

Now they are back there with even more troops going back.
So did we really leave ?

Old 08-19-2021, 07:31 AM

539 posts, read 240,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I'd be willing to bet most everyone on here who's taking a poke at Biden has at some time or other raged at our Presidents for meddling in Afghanistan. No one wanted to be there. The government never amounted to anything, and now with the fleeing of the Afghan president, everything fell apart like a house of cards.

The mess was just waiting to happen. Today, tomorrow, next December - it would have been the same.

Yes and we should have been done with certain parts of this world many many moons ago .

Old 08-19-2021, 07:36 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Maybe because our government pulled a quick one and "just left".

They should have evacuated all American citizens first before pulling out.

Now they are back there with even more troops going back.
So did we really leave ?
We did have a military force still there but how do we control the situation when the Afghan military and government disappeared overnight. This was supposed to be a somewhat organized withdrawal over the last few weeks, instead it turned into total chaos thanks to the Afghans.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:42 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
During, & after, Biden's puppet-masters botched the Afghan pull-out, will...

...Americans die, & be held captive?

...Afghani's die for supporting freedom?

...Afghan girls & women be forced into sex slavery? (aka forced marriages w/ men treating "wives" like Dogs)

...Al Quaeda re-emerge?

...Opium production & distribution be used to fund terrorism against the U.S.?

...terrorist training camps re-emerge?

....Afghanistan become a safe haven for terrorists of all ilks?

...the U.S. homeland see more Islamic terrorism?

Say what you will about the wicked lying Orange Tweetster, but these atrocities were reduced under his watch.

Democrat voters own what is occurring right now in Afghanistan, & what is yet to come.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:43 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think that is the plan here. The left wants to put Harris in the WH. He is going to step down soon or be removed.

I have never seen the left MSM all in sync against a Demo POTUS. Something is up. They will claim he has dementia and mixed up what he was told to do.
I believe they once wanted to put Harris in the WH, but after watching her in action for seven months, they too are aware she is in way over her bed, I mean head. They are in a panic because they don't know what to do to replace pedo Joe. Pelosi would be terrible but she doesn't want the job, she has more power and can do more damage where she is..

Old 08-19-2021, 07:44 AM

2,106 posts, read 977,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I believe they once wanted to put Harris in the WH, but after watching her in action for seven months, they too are aware she is in way over her bed, I mean head. They are in a panic because they don't know what to do to replace pedo Joe. Pelosi would be terrible but she doesn't want the job, she has more power and can do more damage where she is..
Exactly

Old 08-19-2021, 07:48 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Say what you will about the wicked lying Orange Tweetster, but these atrocities were reduced under his watch.

Democrat voters own what is occurring right now in Afghanistan, & what is yet to come.
This was how I approached 2020. It took a long time to get of my personal disdain for 45.

It is clear that he valued his image too much to allow anything like this kind of failure to tarnish his mental self-image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies