Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 08:04 PM

362 posts, read 140,371 times

Advertisements

Biden: Heads will roll!

The Taliban: Hold my beer Mahmoud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 08:08 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
2. The evacuation of 100,000 people was not going to go unnoticed by the Taliban as was feared that it would trigger some type of aggressive counter-action so how to do it and go unnoticed? (again, not my assertion, just some of what I've heard thrown about).
I'm not in the military, so take this for what it's worth, but here's one possible way: charter three Boeing 777 jets, one each from three different airlines, and have them fly daily service from Kabul to three different cities in nearby countries. Load these flights with the people you want to evacuate. But it'll look just like any other commercial flight heading out; nothing out of the ordinary. Every day, there's 1,000 people leaving the country on regular commercial jets, whom nobody would even notice during normal times. In 100 days of this, you've cleared out your 100,000 people, in a completely normal and innocuous way, and the Taliban would probably be none the wiser.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:08 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
But, but...................... Biden said that the Taliban was different this time and they will let all Americans pass safely through checkpoints to the Kabul airport!
anyone that believes that...needs to have their head examined.....present President included

The Taliban has no structure to even enforce that "rule"....they are a loose pack of animals

For the President of US to even say that out loud....is so unbelievable

Old 08-19-2021, 08:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
ANd what was that date? August 31st? What is today.

As a person who did NEO traing yearly in Korea, the military takes the civillians and moves them to safety then the military moves.
You keep arguing about an NEO, but you dont need an NEO to understand Afghanistan. again, your argument would only work if the civilian contractors had no idea of the state of the country.

By the way, Biden didnt more the Date to August 31st until after the May deadline had been passed, so all those contracters absolutely believed they were supposed to be out by may and chose to stay.

Quote:
Now, show and tell us how you know that all these people choose to stay, I don't think you can. .

The fact that they are still there shows you they chose to stay , otherwise they would have been gone. LMFAO ROTF.

Maybe you worded that last sentence wrong. want to try again ?

Old 08-19-2021, 08:14 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
20 years with no major terrorist attack on the homeland is not “wasted.”

Liberals love to forget the entire reason we went over there: to prevent Afghanistan from becoming a safe haven for terrorists.

Freedom is not free. It never has been and it never will be.
1. The same could be achieved differently without the humongous loss of life and treasure. It also helps not to contribute to creation of the problem on the first place Have you googled operation Cyclone yet? Also we seem to be in really good relations with Saudi Arabia, correct? Hmmm, that's interesting...

2. No, we didn't forget. See 1.

3. I guess repeating the same thing is free. Not sure what freedom has to do with never ending wars.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Agreed, not that I can find any details, I just don't believe what you are stating. I just don't believe everyone stuck there, new they should have gotten out a year ago, but didn't. I'm sure there were some, without a doubt, but not all.
Trump gave them the may 2021 date In February of 2020. Biden didnt change the military withdrawal date till after the may date passed.

So yes, they 100% knew. Maybe they had faith that the Afghan government wouldnt crumble, but that separate from the fact that There was an end date to all this.

Not really sure what there is to "not believe".

Old 08-19-2021, 08:20 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So what is the endgame?
Money payouts to Biden and his cronies for diminishing America during his term.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I understand tensions must be running high, and with little to no sleep, but the US Command has a lot of nerve criticizing what the Brits are doing. It's what we should be doing, in the wake of Biden's blunder.

Its Biden's blunder, but your article highlights Trumps deal with the Taliban. hmmmm.

SO again, what is your end goal argument ? Because if you are arguing the above post, you are indeed talking about Trump, not Biden.

The only way you can really hate biden here is if you are arguing, we shouldnt leave at all.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And we have not had any conversation (in this thread), as I, have been on vacation for 60 days.....so, once again your reputation continues to drop, I did not think it was possible to go so far into the negative.
You had literally just replied to a post where i made the same argument, what exactly is the point of you trolling here ?????

Old 08-19-2021, 08:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Now that we know Biden was warned a month ago that withdrawing all troops would lead to a mess with the Taliban, and had been warned to start evacuating Americans, which he ignored, it seems this was all intentional. Nobody, not even Biden could be that inept, could they?

And something I haven't seen mentioned yet - if they're unable to get to the airport because the Taliban and others are blocking them - doesn't that make the American civilians hostages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies