Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 03:14 PM

5,846 posts, read 3,261,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm sure the savvy Taliban will figure out how to keep the helicopters operational. Duct tape works wonders!
No but the Chinese probably will.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 03:17 PM

1,764 posts, read 863,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I laughed.

Here's a serious question... were the helicopters actually left for the Afghan army?
At this point, what difference does it make??? Nobody ever expected the Afghans to actually standup to the Taliban.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:18 PM

23,450 posts, read 13,691,600 times
Quote:
Congress, over the years, votes to grant countries like Afghanistan weapons. So yes, once they were procured for them and sent over to them, they were titled over to the Afghanistan forces. That does not mean that in a situation like this, with enough resources and time, we couldn't try to get them back, but the focus is on the the people right now and the weapons and aircraft will be left behind. They were provided so the Afghan Air Force would use them to maintain control. They did not. Although it sounds like some portion of them were flown out of Afghanistan by fleeing pilots.
Ah!

Then the catch is to get them before they get over there like Kidd class DDGs (which, ironically are with Taiwan now but that's another story) and the ex USS Trout?

Old 08-20-2021, 03:19 PM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 14 days ago)

14,487 posts, read 9,552,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Jesus Christ! LOL
Tell me again... about cults, the poster you responded to is nuts.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:20 PM

3,039 posts, read 3,217,618 times
Quote:
Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm sure the savvy Taliban will figure out how to keep the helicopters operational. Duct tape works wonders!
I would be on the lookout for some used Blackhawks on ebay! I'd love to snag one with "Buy it now!". Shipping might be a bit expensive though, and I'd personally avoid "free local pickup".

Old 08-20-2021, 03:20 PM

25,225 posts, read 12,353,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A billion dollars worth of Helicopters? HOW demented is he ? They couldn't have pilots fly those out ?
They have a range of 368 miles, so not really. Look where 368 miles from Kabul takes you...Pakistan, Iran, & a bunch of other 'stans who are not exactly drinking buddies of the USA.

They should have destroyed them as soon as they saw the Gov't "army" standing down to the Taliban. that would have been part of a good exit plan.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:25 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,878,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
You Know, as bad as this has been mishandled by the Biden Organization, I still trust Him over Trump and his bunch of Cronies/Thieves.
This is proof positive that brainwashing works..! Trump was the best president this nation has had in generations and you believe the lies of the corrupt, Marxist left. You are to be pitied....

Old 08-20-2021, 03:26 PM

23,450 posts, read 13,691,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
.......They should have destroyed them as soon as they saw the Gov't "army" standing down to the Taliban. that would have been part of a good exit plan.
Well, in all fairness, think about the guys over there, the boots on the ground, and think about their situation. Grasping at straws for survival. Do you want to blow up the helicopters for the benefit of powers that be that, maybe, no longer have your back? Or do you want to keep them as a bargaining chip of some kind, from being a decoy to those chasing you to saying something valuable about yourself should you be captured?

It is one thing to say that the US should have done an air strike on them but quite another to crucify those there over a lack of action.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:27 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,624,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Khalil Haqqani is now in Kabul recruiting (pressuring) young men to join the Taliban. He's one of the most wanted terrorists in America and we have a $5 million bounty on his head. This can't be good.
Oh. Because of Biden's blunder, no doubt the Taliban, will become very numerous, wealthy, and powerful. They will be a force to reckon for years to come.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:32 PM

4,254 posts, read 1,593,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
At this point, what difference does it make??? Nobody ever expected the Afghans to actually standup to the Taliban.
Looking at the big picture, I agree... what difference does it make? But I ask the question here because the title of the post says Biden left them there. No, Biden didn't leave them there... the Afghans who refused to stand up to the Taliban left them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies