Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 02:49 PM

23,548 posts, read 12,525,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I will carefully say this. I work in the area of "security assistance" and involved into what the U.S. gives to countries needing our assistance. It's *never* any technology such as the kind that "the Russians would love to get their hands on." That's not allowed to be sold. Ever. The things they have in their possession are items to help them defend themselves, not the sort of strategic warfighting sophistication that the U.S. and certain allies have access to. That's not saying that this stuff is not dangerous to us or others in the wrong hands--it is. Guns, ammo, night vision, etc...but there's no cache of super sensitive special military equipment that you are being led to believe we left behind. It's not allowed to be sold.

From this article:https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...st-2021-08-19/

AND
A comment from your own link that you'd quoted:
"most of the high-end hardware captured by the Taliban, including the aircraft, was not equipped with sensitive U.S. technology."

You're saying "most" is just another way of saying all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 02:49 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Mostly the Shareholders of US Military Contractors. The Upper Echelon of the Afghan Defense Forces and the Warlords in the various regions of Afghanistan were also paid off very nicely.
I knew I should have joined the army. I could have been a contractor myself.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:53 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why wouldnt Pakistan just give it to them? Heck, I surprised Pakistan has not given Iran nuclear capabilities. They allies.
The father of Pakistan's nuclear program A.Q.Khan has shared his expertise with Iran and NK years ago.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:54 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Not blaming the boots on the ground, I'm blaming Joe Biden for not having a plan to destroy them, AND get the boots on the ground out.
All this blaming.

Read 'Charley Wilson's War'.

We and some of our friends have been giving those fighting tribes whatever they wanted for years. Leaving behind some obsolete helicopters is nothing compared to what the congress of the USA supplied them with before we ever thought about sending troops.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:54 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The same was said of the Tomcats sold to Iran and became property of the Islamic Republic with the fall of the Shah.

The original 79 sold have suffered attrition, of course, over the last fifty years but current estimates are that between 25 and 40 of those 79 are still flying and deployed.

This is an aircraft that the US took out of service in 2006 and, except for some static displays that have been gutted, no longer exist in the US.

Those were outdated and no real concern to us. Blackhawk helicopters are a different story. Biden had a brainfart cost our nation bigly. Miss Trump yet America?

Old 08-20-2021, 02:55 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
That is too funny...admitting they break down so much. Heck, unless these are run by goat power, doubt they can do much to fly them.

i had no idea that many were left. Wow, that's not good. I hope later we don't have another terror attack and all these jets come flying into a bunch of our sky scrappers....so very scary. Joe Biden really needs to go for our country's safety. We can't have him in charge 3+ more years.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:55 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
"We'll build more!"- Sikorsky Aircraft
The CEO of Sikorsky likes that!

Old 08-20-2021, 02:58 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is a fast moving thread, as you know, but more importantly - I think you may have answered your question as to why you didn't get a response. It's in bold.

Biden has no credibility. He said he spoke with the leaders of three countries, and most of us are waiting to see what those leaders have to say, if anything.
it was because they "fxxked up "on Monday, so they started to call the world leaders.
started at 2:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh2qBY4pEhw

Old 08-20-2021, 02:59 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A billion dollars worth of Helicopters? HOW demented is he ? They couldn't have pilots fly those out ?
Gosh, if there were only a nearby ocean we could have dumped the choppers into like in Vietnam, but of course that messes up your narrative...

Old 08-20-2021, 03:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,075 times
I don't understand why Biden keeps disparaging the Afghan military. From the AP:

"Afghan national military and police: 66,000" killed.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-ea...130cd683e1a38f
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies