Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2021, 06:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not the President..huh ?

Oh that's right...Biden went back on vacation.
What president? We have no leaders in this country, only pretenders. But yes, the Pretender in Chief probably went back on vacation. They're all useless anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Very risky, since civilian commercial aircraft, and their pilots are not equipped and trained for anti suface to air missile countermeasures.
What a stupid thing to do on their part. This *s* show just seems to be getting worse and worse each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LbKZb6YZU4

And so it begins. One woman killed, more to come.
They're not allowed to go out alone anymore either. Cretins.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:09 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Interesting that at the rally last night, Mr. Trump referred to the Taliban as being 'great fighters' and 'great negotiators'.

Then-President Trump to Taliban:

"Lets see, I will withdraw all American forces by May of next year"

Taliban: "Ok".

"I will release 5,000 of your hardened Taliban fighters".

"As I bring home our forces, I will leave weapons".

"Gosh, you guys are tough negotiators!"

Of course, I do not absolve President Biden of blame. He extended the time period in which our forces would leave, by several months (to September 1st). Yet, the Taliban were willing to wait and get their forces ready.

I guess Mr. Biden could have simply nixed the 'agreement', since the deal contained no provisions or mechanism for punishing the Taliban for reneging on their part of the deal (essentially, promising to not let terrorist groups operate out of their country, and negotiate with the Afghan government).

Yet, to what end? Keep our troops in this war for another 20 years?

Plus, part of Mr. Biden's decision to go ahead with the withdrawal was based on a simply theory: while we withdraw, the touted Afghan army of 300,000 would defend the capital.

It is obvious, at least to me, that the army had no desire to fight, at least without Americans by their side.

It sure didn't help that the corrupt Afghan President promised to fight in the morning, then flee that same day, with 169 million packed away.

One big mistake (from articles I read from people that study the situation): back in 2001, Afghanistan was essentially controlled by various 'warlords'. Some of you may recall the "Northern Alliance", which was so beneficial in beating the Taliban of that time.

Throughout the centuries, the country was ruled by various warlords, with each having their own devoted army.

After the initial defeat of the Taliban, an agreement was reached: the warlords would give up power, and their armies, so that a central Afghanistan army could be created.

It was a nice thought. In hindsight (everything is in hindsight), this was a mistake. The typical Afghan liked to fight for his particular warlord, and not for some corrupt politician in Kabul

At least we have a competent President whom takes responsibility. Mr. Trump would have blamed his own daughter for the unfolding disaster. If you are honest, you will agree.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-stampede.html

This is difficult to read and look at. Seeing someone handing over their baby is just heartbreaking. America's reputation is finished. Elections do have consequences after all...

Old 08-22-2021, 06:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Interesting that at the rally last night, Mr. Trump referred to the Taliban as being 'great fighters' and 'great negotiators'.

Of course, I do not absolve President Biden of blame. He extended the time period in which our forces would leave, by several months (to September 1st). Yet, the Taliban were willing to wait and get their forces ready.

I guess Mr. Biden could have simply nixed the 'agreement', since the deal contained no provisions or mechanism for punishing the Taliban for reneging on their part of the deal (essentially, promising to not let terrorist groups operate out of their country, and negotiate with the Afghan government).

Plus, part of Mr. Biden's decision to go ahead with the withdrawal was based on a simply theory: while we withdraw, the touted Afghan army of 300,000 would defend the capital.

It is obvious, at least to me, that the army had no desire to fight, at least without Americans by their side.

It sure didn't help that the corrupt Afghan President promised to fight in the morning, then flee that same day, with 169 million packed away.

One big mistake (from articles I read from people that study the situation): back in 2001, Afghanistan was essentially controlled by various 'warlords'. Some of you may recall the "Northern Alliance", which was so beneficial in beating the Taliban of that time.

Throughout the centuries, the country was ruled by various warlords, with each having their own devoted army.

After the initial defeat of the Taliban, an agreement was reached: the warlords would give up power, and their armies, so that a central Afghanistan army could be created.

It was a nice thought. In hindsight (everything is in hindsight), this was a mistake. The typical Afghan liked to fight for his particular warlord, and not for some corrupt politician in Kabul

At least we have a competent President whom takes responsibility. Mr. Trump would have blamed his own daughter for the unfolding disaster. If you are honest, you will agree.
WHAT A LOAD OF BS. Do you work for CNN who said Trump lied when it was their lies?

Show me where Biden has taken responsibility for this S show.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:14 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The Pentagon has told six airlines to lend 18 planes to evacuate people.

Since our own military planes are using flares and diving combat landings for safety, how wise is this? Not to mention that since none of our people and the Afghani's who assisted us can get to the airport, this will most likely mean 18 planes filled with random Afghani's brought here.
The civilian planes are not going to Kabul.

They are going to bases we have already taken evacuated people to.

They will be transferring them to the US and/or their final destination country.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:14 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The Pentagon has told six airlines to lend 18 planes to evacuate people.

Since our own military planes are using flares and diving combat landings for safety, how wise is this? Not to mention that since none of our people and the Afghani's who assisted us can get to the airport, this will most likely mean 18 planes filled with random Afghani's brought here.
Numerous media have reported NONE OF THESE PLANES WILL LAND IN KABUL.

Wall Street Journal today:
Quote:
The president spoke as U.S. airlines were positioning aircraft to comply with a Pentagon order, announced Sunday morning under a rarely invoked law, that compelled six airlines to contribute 18 planes to help with the evacuation. Officials said the commercial aircraft wouldn’t fly in and out of Kabul, the Afghan capital, but would ferry evacuees to the U.S. from bases in Germany, Qatar and Bahrain to ease transport bottlenecks.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentago...d=hp_lead_pos7
New York Times:
Quote:
Civilian planes would not fly into or out of Kabul, where a rapidly deteriorating security situation has hampered evacuation flights. Instead, commercial airline pilots and crews would help transport thousands of Afghans who are arriving at U.S. bases in Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08...tan-biden-news
Washington Post:
Quote:
The jetliners, contracted from domestic airlines United, American, Atlas, Delta, Omni and Hawaiian, will not be flown into Kabul, but used instead to move those taken to places like Qatar on to other destinations in Europe, the Americas, Africa and the Persian Gulf.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n-evacuations/
CNN:
Quote:
The planes will not fly to Hamid Karzai International airport, but instead will "be used for the onward movement of passengers from temporary safe havens and interim staging bases," the Pentagon said in a news release.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/22/polit...ion/index.html
and countless other sources, here:

https://www.google.com/search?client...cial+airplanes

There is no shortage of bad facts to be posted on this debacle. This is not one of them. Please, people, at least do some fact-checking before posting and starting rumors based on erroneous assumptions.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:16 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LbKZb6YZU4

And so it begins. One woman killed, more to come.
One we know of. I hate even thinking about how many we do not know of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The civilian planes are not going to Kabul.

They are going to bases we have already taken evacuated people to.

They will be transferring them to the US and/or their final destination country.
Thanks, Blondy. Happy to be wrong on this one.

8,626 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

The root of the division in this country is a result of the democrats continually changing the definition and scope of words, creating an unstable state of affairs where everyone is using the same words, but no one is speaking the same language. This approach gives the left license to not be constrained by the objective meanings of words in their execution/application of the law, as well as the interpretation of the law in the courts.

The nation has been warned for decades about the long term affects of leftism. Leftism is lead by lies, tantrums, shaming others, double standards, condescension, pushing fear and punishment in order to shove its many self-serving agendas on us or there will be a price to pay - and there always is. Leftism is not your friend. It does not help fight racism. It does not make our country safer. It does not unite us. It does not make life better even for those that support it except for those that make money BY it and use it for political power. It undermines everything that is moral or that works after enough time has passed. Leftism is ignorance, foolishness, and laziness. It could do better for all if it truly wanted to, but it doesn’t care to - it just pretends to care. It chooses to manipulate in order to gain the desired outcomes that benefit itself and accuses others of what it is guilty of itself. Leftism is hypocrisy. Leftism is a menace to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies