Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 05:52 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Don’t buy the latest climate-change alarmism

https://nypost.com/2021/08/09/dont-b...ange-alarmism/
I don't buy jack. I go by own records.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No, the SUN and other NATURAL occurrences are to "blame" for any changes in climate. Man Made Climate Change is just another Leftist excuse for more wealth and income redistribution through higher and more taxes, fees, surcharges, energy charges etc. All from those who can LEAST AFFORD IT.

The fact that China, Russia, India and much of the rest of the world does NOT CARE about CO2 emissions or anything else you irrationally care about is relatively meaningless.
I already know all of that. Plus gravity pulls have changed our weather millions of years ago bro.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:09 PM

18,443 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So judging from your posts you agree that CO2 is the cause of present climate change...
So judging from your posts....you'll try any deflection to keep from blaming China

..why is that?

Old 08-12-2021, 06:25 PM

Beats me why China keeps coming up. Just a normal change peeps.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:49 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
That's not what I said......I did not say "China is the sole contributor".....I said directly or indirectly China is responsible......and all of the increase has come from China (directly or indirectly)

The increase in CO2 emissions...from developing countries....is almost 100% because of coal plants....that China has built for them

but this is just another one of your deflections......

The USA has not contributed to any increase in atmospheric CO2 in over 50 years.....1970

...in 1970 CO2 levels were 325......now it's over 400ppm

Left up to the USA...CO2 levels would still be 325ppm......all of the increase in CO2 has come...directly or indirectly...from China

...and China took it from 325ppm to over 400ppm

and here's the proof > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png
One more time, never gets old. LOL

The US has been the largest consumer of fossil fuels over the last 100 years, China just passed us in total consumption in 2008. Even though we have reduced consumption we are still one of the top nations.

Energy use per capita China= 30,000KWH US=80,000 KWH
Electricity use per capita China=5,000 KWH, US=12,000 KWH

https://ourworldindata.org/energy/co...ountry=CHN~USA

So yes China needs to reduce consumption but we most definitely still a problem since we use almost 3 times as much as each Chinese citizen. So what you are saying is that each Chinese resident needs to cut use while we stay the same even though we are the worlds number one consumer on a per capita basis.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:16 PM

11,465 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
??????????

You are actually suggesting that a 17 ppm change in CO2 can cause MARKED changes in climate???

Houston, we have a problem!

What about all the times in earth's history (in which plant and animal life thrived) in which CO2 levels were 2-4 X as high?
Yep.

Today we have 400 ppm CO2.

During the Jurassic period, we had up to 1800 ppm CO2.

If CO2 causes runaway warming which releases more CO2, then how did the earth ever reduce to today's temps and CO2 concentrations. Earth must have a buffer system to prevent runaway warming and on-directional CO2 rise.

Good luck getting the UN IPCC climate models to reflect how this actually happened historically. Their models are worthless. Their predictions based on their worthless models are absolutely worthless.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:31 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
??????????

You are actually suggesting that a 17 ppm change in CO2 can cause MARKED changes in climate???

Houston, we have a problem!

What about all the times in earth's history (in which plant and animal life thrived) in which CO2 levels were 2-4 X as high?
Yes, there were such times. I think 1800 ppm was the highest. The time that polar ice (or snow really) was seasonal at the poles, the CO2 level was about 1000 ppm. There were forest at both poles during the Cretaceous Period
Quote:
Antarctica was ice free during the Cretaceous Period, lasting from 145 to 66 million years ago.
Quote:
Image result for what was the co2 levels during the cretaceous period
In general, the climate of the Cretaceous Period was much warmer than at present, perhaps the warmest on a worldwide basis than at any other time during the Phanerozoic Eon
Quote:
The climate was also more equable in that the temperature difference between the poles and the Equator was about one-half that of the present.
So there you have it. Not all that much hotter in equatorial regions.

I didn't look for any other high CO2 periods. I thought this one pretty much answers your question.

Quote:
The sun was not the reason the Cretaceous era had a warmer climate than today; it produced 1-2 percent less heat. Earth was warmer during the Cretaceous era because the atmosphere contained 3-6 times more carbon dioxide than the current era.
All that means is that it took more CO2 to heat the earth then.

Addendum: I see Igor has found the Jurassic Period.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:42 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Yep.

Today we have 400 ppm CO2.

During the Jurassic period, we had up to 1800 ppm CO2.

If CO2 causes runaway warming which releases more CO2, then how did the earth ever reduce to today's temps and CO2 concentrations. Earth must have a buffer system to prevent runaway warming and on-directional CO2 rise.

Good luck getting the UN IPCC climate models to reflect how this actually happened historically. Their models are worthless. Their predictions based on their worthless models are absolutely worthless.
Yes it does have a buffer system. Asteroid impacts and sheet volcanism. That's what ended the Cretaceous Period. The asteroid impact is thought to have triggered the sheet volcanism that finished the job of cooling earth. The asteroid apparently cooled the earth for a few years, but the resultant volcanism continued for a long time. But do check that out for yourselves - it was a while ago that I had that information. I think it was the Deccan Traps formation.

Quote:
There is some evidence to link the Deccan Traps eruption to the contemporaneous asteroid impact that created the nearly antipodal Chicxulub crater in the Mexican state of Yucatán. Although the Deccan Traps began erupting well before the impact, argon–argon dating suggests that the impact may have caused an increase in permeability that allowed magma to reach the surface and produced the most voluminous flows, accounting for around 70% of the volume.
Igor, you have stated more than once that the IPCC model is wrong. Would you mind providing a link to the correct model, the one that you say proves the IPCC model wrong?

Old 08-15-2021, 05:47 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm just curious. What did we (the populace of earth) do, to go from a global ice age to global warming in the matter of 50ish years ? How did we turn around the threat of global cooling, and in the process somehow went to far in the other direction ?

Popular Technology.net: 1970s Global Cooling Alarmism
"What did we (the populace of earth) do, to go from a global ice age to global warming in the matter of 50ish years ?"

From what I have read, there was no "we" back then.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:49 AM

21,929 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Talk to me when Obama gives up his huge house with 2 people living there.
Talk to me when Al Gore gives up his huge house and private planes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies