Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 10:39 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We're not addressing the fact that stepping up and saying "I have packet captures from a network I'm not authorized to access" is a bit of a criminal confession?
I heard that point brought up, how did he get access to a secure system, is this just Arizona or all the states.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
They continue to blame their techincal ineptitude on "hacking", without a shred of evidence that they're being "hacked".

Old 08-11-2021, 10:51 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The marks continue to buy it, though. As long as the marks are still on the line it's all good.

Buy pillows!
I think there is more going on than selling pillows. I don't know if you watched that video with the guy in the grey padded bunker but that's a recruitment video. People don't join cults, they get recruited. I only watched 4 minutes of it to see what techniques I could see they were using similar to the Jehovah's Witnesses then I turned it off. I, even knowing it's BS and not having a bias toward wanting it to be true, would never knowingly exposes myself to propaganda. It's powerful stuff.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:52 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Now Frank is chatting with rando "Super Moms" in the audience to fill time.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:53 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
... the one guy in that room who stood up and questioned the validity of the packet captures that had been presented so far got himself removed from the room by security.
That's how they roll.

It's all made up BS, Lindell is total BS.

Let's not forget that he was at the white house advocating a military takeover of the country. This man is not honest.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:58 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I heard that point brought up, how did he get access to a secure system, is this just Arizona or all the states.
It appears they circumvented the problem of proving the relevancy of their packet captures by not having any packet captures at all.

It's a bold strategy.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 08-11-2021 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: "It's", not "Its".

Old 08-11-2021, 11:03 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
He's not even honest about the quality of his pillows, but they are available for a discounted price on the symposium website. Ha! You couldn't make this up. It's like being stuck in a time share meeting.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:04 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I have never understood why business people go out and publicly choose sides and associate their political ideology and their business.
Sure Mike Lindell can be the biggest Trump supporter on earth, but to ensnare his business with such support makes no sense.
A good potion of his potential customers are Democrats, and while some will not care and buy his products anyway, many will not.

I have instructed my employees that whether a person comes in with a pro/anti political shirt on, they treat them exactly the same. Also never engage them in political discussions, whether you agree with them or not.
Needless to say they can do and say what they want on their own time, but never mention anything political, religious, or controversial while working for me.
Needless to say I do not let people know how I feel personally, and associate it with my business.

Why corporate America has gone woke is beyond my understanding, unless there are groups trying to shake them down, like the race merchants such as Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson's groups have done for decades.
Even then, you do not give into the coercion, otherwise you are beholden to them, and alienate a large portion of your customer base.`
There are a few areas in life, most often religion and politics, where a person can become a True Believer.
In politics, that's when a politician matches the person's beliefs so closely the guy becomes a savior figure.

Once someone becomes a True Believer, it tends to take over their entire life. AS often as not their business is one of the first things that's overtaken.The desire to promote the politician in any way possible becomes the business objective, and the True Believer doesn't care how much business is lost as long as it is serving other True Believers.

It's a sad mental state, as all politicians have an ending ahead of them. For many, it lies only 2 or 4 or 6 years away, and then they're gone, leaving their True Believers empty, angry, and perpetually disappointed.

Most folks can become passionate about their political beliefs, but most recognize this fact from the first, so for them, it's much more the political positions that are taken up than the politician who takes them. The politician isn't a Savior as much as a very good employee.

I think Lindell has always been obsessive. When he was an addict he stayed as stoned as possible. When he decided to make a pillow, he obsessed over it, which replaced his addiction from dope to something useful. Now, he's obsessing on Donald Trump, so his pillows just serve his Trump obsession.

He's over his head, knows he is, and doesn't care. In his mind, he's doing his best to feed his obsession, and that's plenty enough for him. Lindell won't quit. He may eventually give up on Trump, but not until he finds something new to obsess over.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:08 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It appears they circumvented the problem of proving the relevancy of their packet captures by not having any packet captures at all.

Its a bold strategy.
It is a strategy. Anticipation of finally getting confirmation of what you knew to be true all along then being given something else. The person has to adopt a thought-stopping process to continue with the group. They have to learn to suppress their own cognitive processes when it comes to anything to do with "the truth". He is teaching them to self-police. It's not an accident that the show is 72 hours of non-stop (even if it's repeated) propaganda.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:09 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Frank is now criticizing "dog and pony shows".

Rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies