Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 07:53 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes of course it was fraudulent and you know it because Mike Lindell and Trump told you so, this is August and you have nothing but keep on believing because "belief is all you have.
Election night most networks called Trump winner. Then went to bed at 2 AM, MST.

Woke up 4 hours later, Trump lost.

Been watching election for over 50 years, never seen such a strange thing. We can see crime, without Trump telling us.

We are not a bunch of deplorable dumb people.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:03 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Election night most networks called Trump winner. Then went to bed at 2 AM, MST.
Not even close to true.

Based on polling, it was expected that the mail in ballots would skew in favor of Biden. After all, Trump had spent months telling his supporters not to vote by mail. As most states starting reporting in person votes first, it was expected that they would skew in favor of Trump, with mail in ballots in favor of Biden.

The networks withheld their calls for several days, until they had a good sense of where things were going based on both groups of ballots.

Yes, the momentum shifted, but the networks started calling states only after it shifted.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:12 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Not even close to true.

Based on polling, it was expected that the mail in ballots would skew in favor of Biden. After all, Trump had spent months telling his supporters not to vote by mail. As most states starting reporting in person votes first, it was expected that they would skew in favor of Trump, with mail in ballots in favor of Biden.

The networks withheld their calls for several days, until they had a good sense of where things were going based on both groups of ballots.

Yes, the momentum shifted, but the networks started calling states only after it shifted.
Why not calculate mail-ins at the same time along with in person votes And shut it all down promptly, like all the rest of elections were done.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:18 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
He believed strongly in something and pursued it. That's more than can be said about most republican politicians sadly. As Alexander Hamilton said, if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:31 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Why not calculate mail-ins at the same time along with in person votes And shut it all down promptly, like all the rest of elections were done.
That would be a state by state decision. I know that several states passed a statute that in person would be counted first, mail later.

Additionally, in most states your ballot counted as long as it was postmarked before the polls closed on election day. The USPS took another day or two getting the ballots to the polling stations for counting.

I think it also takes longer to count mail in ballots, as envelopes have to be opened, signatures matched, etc. As much as Trumpers dislike the delay and don't believe the reasons, it is actually done in order to protect election security.

Whatever the reason, that is the way it was done, and most of the news organizations were predicting a delay of a few days before calling the election for this very reason.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:34 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He believed strongly in something and pursued it. That's more than can be said about most republican politicians sadly. As Alexander Hamilton said, if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
But what was he pursuing? He had no evidence, except what his own people called “a turd”. He hyped this big meeting and made these promises, and when the time came he had nothing.

That’s why I question if he really “believed strongly in something”. If he really believed he would have at least tried to come up with something, no? I suspect this was some sort of con job, but I can’t figure out his angle.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:42 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
But what was he pursuing? He had no evidence, except what his own people called “a turd”. He hyped this big meeting and made these promises, and when the time came he had nothing.

That’s why I question if he really “believed strongly in something”. If he really believed he would have at least tried to come up with something, no? I suspect this was some sort of con job, but I can’t figure out his angle.
This is what I wonder too. I talk to a lot of power hungry execs at work, and I can usually pick out the con in things like this. I really don't see what he had to gain through this.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:58 PM

25,699 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
As Alexander Hamilton said, if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
Ooh, I like that one. I hadn't heard it. Very true. Even though Hamilton is not at the top of my list of founding fathers, I'll have to remember it.

As for the OP, he was DOA from the very beginning. Of course, if he had nothing... obviously DOA. But my feeling is that if he really did have something, there's no way he'd still be alive. He'd have died in a crash on the freeway or whatever. Or if not, someone would have called him at three in the morning and made the comment, "You have such a nice family... sure would be a shame if they disappeared one day... it's a dangerous world out there." Then again, maybe that is the explanation. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
What makes anyone think that he was thinking?

Old 08-14-2021, 09:11 PM

23,481 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfOfOman View Post
Ya, Lindell is the perfect example of falling for anything…
Are you trying to say he's a democrat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies