Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 06:40 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Surprised we haven't heard of more these incidents lately.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hit-f...091641048.html

Quote:
A 70-year old man was arrested in Florida after striking a flight attendant on a plane when he was asked to wear a face mask, according to police.

Pensacola News Journal reported that the incident occurred as the plane was nearing landing in Pensacola on Thursday 5 August.

John Loucky, 70, of Canyonville, Oregon, was arrested after his flight landed at about 2:30 pm at Pensacola International Airport.

Authorities told the outlet that Loucky was charged with battery and resisting arrest. He was booked into the Escambia County Jail with a $500 bail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 06:52 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
I don't care how old he is - he should be jailed for several years. And the flight attendant should file civil charges for damages as well.

I haven't flown in a while, but it's hard for me to imagine someone not doing what a flight attendant tells them to do. They're the boss on board a plane.

Heard on the news earlier today that in 2021 so far, there have been over 3700 incidents on planes. That is a huge increase over preceding years.

For one thing, if they haven't already done it, quit serving alcohol on planes and even in airports. People can do without for 2 or 3 hours while they fly. And if they need alcohol to calm them down so they can fly, then use some other method of travel.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:30 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
It used to be that a 70 year old man wouldn't have ever dared to sink so low as to strike a woman. Sadly, those days are gone. I'll bet the nation's flight attendants will be glad when the mask mandate expires. If it ever expires.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It used to be that a 70 year old man wouldn't have ever dared to sink so low as to strike a woman. Sadly, those days are gone. I'll bet the nation's flight attendants will be glad when the mask mandate expires. If it ever expires.
Are you serious? Do you actually believe, that in the past, men didn't assault women?

And in fact, in the past, MORE men didn't assault women and get away with it, scot free?

Lord.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:59 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Are you serious? Do you actually believe, that in the past, men didn't assault women?

And in fact, in the past, MORE men didn't assault women and get away with it, scot free?

Lord.
Yes, I actually do believe that, in the past, 70-year-old men did not assault women. Maybe it happened, once or twice, but in the overwhelming majority of cases, a man's honor and society's disapproval would have kept it from happening.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:01 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Surprised we haven't heard of more these incidents lately.

If you have not been hearing about all the commotion and rowdy passengers on board commercial airplanes lately, you haven't been paying much attention... The internet is littered with videos of this kind of stuff happening. Usually it's fights between passengers, but flight attendants have also been targets of abuse as well. In one recent case, I recall a flight attendant having a tooth knocked out after a young women punched her.

It started getting really crazy after the pandemic began. Some of it is mask related, but a lot of it is just pandemic related stress I believe. People have been inconvenienced and have had to make minor changes to their life, and this is asking too much for some members of society apparently. So what do these people do? Act like inconsiderate idiots of course.

I understand some people don't like masks, but being packed together like sardines and breathing recycled air is basically creating a potential super spreader event every time a plane takes to the sky. Whether it's assault from passengers or assault from germs in that recycled air, I feel sorry for what flight attendants have to put up with.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:08 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Not excusing the passengers use of violence, but Airlines have been treating people like cargo since 9/11, and the TSA does their own part, barking orders, grabbing privates and stealing property. Call it karma.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:11 PM

29,832 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not excusing the passengers use of violence, but Airlines have been treating people like cargo since 9/11, and the TSA does their own part, barking orders, grabbing privates and stealing property. Call it karma.

Well, they kind of are cargo. Some of them behave far worse than cargo. Flight attendants do not deserve the ire of unruly passengers who dislike the way airlines treat people. Take that up with the people running the airline companies, or better yet, don't use their service.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:19 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:

Lord.
Perhaps but then those men did not assault strangers but rather family members at which time society would look the other way as a family matter. With the assumed stranger, like a flight attendant, the other men would be expected to apply the full force of punishment on the breaker of the code.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:31 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:

Lord.
No ClaraC. In the past, MEN did not assault women. MEN do NOT assault women! Only (insert expletive of your own choice) assault women.

But Ok yes, you are quite right. Unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies