Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 04:29 AM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Most will get over it eventually, but it might take a long time - 5 years? 10 years?

We all got shots forced on us as kids in order to go to school - and most of us, save a small percent of the population, got over it. It might be a little bit harder when you are an adult and have become a "hardened" vaccine-resister, but not impossible.
This broken record response is getting so stale.

Most people are not anti-vaccine for proven childhood inoculations against deadly and crippling diseases like polio and measles. All of my children had their recommended shots as babies and prior to entering school.

Not the same thing. This virus has an over 99% survivability rate with little to no long term effects for those with normal immune systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 07:00 AM

10,249 posts, read 6,341,740 times
I cannot believe the arrogance of these people.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/news/...ca16dc472.html

80%+ Seniors vaccinated isn't good enough for ya? "We need to get as close as possible to 100%". What a bunch of B's. Go put your vaccine where the sun doesn't shine. When did America become a Dictatorship?

Old 09-12-2021, 12:33 PM

3,445 posts, read 1,463,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
All you really need to do is look at Israel because they’re about 4 to 5 months ahead of us. Their vaccine effectiveness is down into the 30 percentile. I.e. it’s not working anymore. 80% of the eligible population has been vaccinated yet their hospitals are filling up in record numbers. More than even before the vaccine was around. More than the early stages of the pandemic. But then again methinks it was never intended to work. The fact that they won’t consider natural immunity, the fact that they know the vaccine isn’t going to work, and the fact that they are now trying to force everyone to get this bogus vaccine, Should really be waking people up to what might really be going on.

Stop this vaccine madness! It’s not the answer out of this!
Did you get a chance to see the following regarding a new Israeli study? The Vaccinated are 27 Times More Likely to Contract DELTA COVID than Those with Natural Immunity. | Digital Empire (wordpress.com)

"In the two groups, there were 748 cases of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections, 640 of which were in the vaccinated group and 108 in the previously infected group, which was relying on natural immunity alone.

The vaccine-dependent people had a seven-fold higher chance of symptomatic infection, and a 6.7-fold higher chance of being hospitalized."

JWK

Old 09-12-2021, 12:41 PM

3,445 posts, read 1,463,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you agree with Jefferson that government should “restrain men from injuring one another?”
Trying to stop people from willfully spreading a deadly virus would seem to fall into that category.
And that is why NYC’s one size fits all No Vax, No Service Mandate is absurd and reckless.

Under NYC's mandate, those who are vaccinated and are still carrying a covid viral load, and can transmit the covid virus to others and kill them, are allowed to enjoy public accommodations and spread the virus in New York City, while those who have natural immunity and are Covid free are discriminated against and forbidden to enjoy public accommodations even though they are not a covid threat to anyone. This is absolute stupidity!

Do you agree?

JWK

Old 09-12-2021, 12:54 PM

11,152 posts, read 10,731,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
And that is why NYC’s one size fits all No Vax, No Service Mandate is absurd and reckless.

Under NYC's mandate, those who are vaccinated and are still carrying a covid viral load, and can transmit the covid virus to others and kill them, are allowed to enjoy public accommodations and spread the virus in New York City, while those who have natural immunity and are Covid free are discriminated against and forbidden to enjoy public accommodations even though they are not a covid threat to anyone. This is absolute stupidity!

Do you agree?

JWK
In fairness, very few laws pertaining to “public safety” in NYC make any sense.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you agree with Jefferson that government should “restrain men from injuring one another?”
Trying to stop people from willfully spreading a deadly virus would seem to fall into that category.

Jefferson certainly thought so, as detailed here:

https://www.monticello.org/site/rese...ns/inoculation
Jefferson did not use the power of the federal government as a hammer to force the inoculations for smallpox.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:00 PM

35,224 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Jefferson did not use the power of the federal government as a hammer to force the inoculations for smallpox.
Can you explain how smallpox, diphtheria, typhoid, tetanus, and polio vaccination miraculously became ubiquitous?

Old 09-12-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Can you explain how smallpox, diphtheria, typhoid, tetanus, and polio vaccination miraculously became ubiquitous?
Can you explain what your question has to do with my statement?

I’m fairly familiar, at this point, with vaccines and vaccine mandates. I am not against vaccines, nor am I against most vaccine mandates in the past. My children have all of their vaccines up to date, as do I and my wife (although I’m due for a Tetanus shot soon). I am against mandating this particular vaccine because it has not yet been proven to be safe in the long term and it has not proven to be effective in preventing the spread of variants.

What Biden should be announcing, loudly and often, is a push on the biomedical companies to form a better vaccine, one which actually stops the virus from spreading. Instead, he is mandating that Americans participate in an experimental treatment for a virus that has a mortality rate which, while personally devastating to those it affects, is not a global killer. A treatment which, shortly before he came to office, his own VP was publicly hesitant about. We have the scientific ability to clone a human being. We should expect better than “eh, good enough” from Big Pharma.

In the current political climate, especially, mandating that people become guinea pigs is absolutely the worst thing that Biden could do. It’s downright destructive to society. As someone who claimed to be a unifier, Biden should be making public statements encouraging people to get the vaccine to alleviate symptoms (which these vaccines do seem, at this point, to help with), not to stop the spread (which these vaccines don’t seem to actually do), until Big Pharma creates a better vaccine. That’s what a person who was truly interested in unifying the country would do. Instead, he’s doing exactly what his supporters disparaged his predecessor for doing and approaching every issue like it’s a nail which has to be beaten down flat because the only tool in his box is a hammer.

Old 09-12-2021, 07:00 PM

35,224 posts, read 17,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Can you explain what your question has to do with my statement?

In the current political climate, especially, mandating that people become guinea pigs is absolutely the worst thing that Biden could do. It’s downright destructive to society. As someone who claimed to be a unifier, Biden should be making public statements encouraging people to get the vaccine to alleviate symptoms (which these vaccines do seem, at this point, to help with), not to stop the spread (which these vaccines don’t seem to actually do), until Big Pharma creates a better vaccine. That’s what a person who was truly interested in unifying the country would do. Instead, he’s doing exactly what his supporters disparaged his predecessor for doing and approaching every issue like it’s a nail which has to be beaten down flat because the only tool in his box is a hammer.
What I'm saying is that this may be the equivalent of a clinical trial on millions and it's fine by me. We can't spend the 15 years it took to get chicken pox vaccine approval. It's far more deadly and as important far more disruptive to society. How are you going to replace a lost year and a half of education and socialization, lost for little purpose? Does anyone think the virus goes away because we duck and hide from it during lockdowns?

Old 09-12-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What I'm saying is that this may be the equivalent of a clinical trial on millions and it's fine by me. We can't spend the 15 years it took to get chicken pox vaccine approval. It's far more deadly and as important far more disruptive to society. How are you going to replace a lost year and a half of education and socialization, lost for little purpose? Does anyone think the virus goes away because we duck and hide from it during lockdowns?
The virus isn’t going away. It’s endemic. Without an actual vaccine, we’re going to have it around from now on, in one form or another. What we currently have is not an actual vaccine. It’s a prophylactic treatment for symptoms. No amount of mandating an ineffective vaccine is going to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies