Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 03:47 PM

40 posts, read 17,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnita View Post
Into my cold, dead arm.

What does that mean? Don't you care about others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 03:48 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
What does that mean? Don't you care about others?

Getting vaccinated doesn't help protect anyone but you.

Old 08-09-2021, 03:56 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
in ohio the "proof" is a simple postcard size document printed on thicker postcard material...on the first dose they gave me the card...second dose i forgot card and was told to fill in data myself (all done with simple ink pen)

im sure the internet has a blank document for download and most better printers allow for printing on odd shaped paper/labels...

much easier than starting a revolution

Old 08-09-2021, 03:58 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnita View Post
Into my cold, dead arm.
[screams].......A GHOST!!!!

Old 08-09-2021, 03:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
Get the shots if you're not allergic, etc. Those that don't are p.o. ing me off. Now the young children are being affected by the selfish actions of those who aren't vaccinated.

The delta variant is very transmissible. Nothing to do with government mandates. Get the shots and don't be ignorant and selfish! They are harmless.
Vaccinated people spread it too.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:03 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Vaccinated people spread it too.
Inconvenient fact.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
It becomes quite troubling to learn the vaccine is not only experimental, but it has proven to cause considerable deaths and hospitalizations across the country:

SEE: 159 Dead, 593 Hospitalized in Illinois Breakthrough COVID Cases

July 21, 2021

"More than 150 people have died and nearly 600 have been hospitalized in Illinois due to COVID-19 in "breakthrough" cases after they were fully vaccinated, according to state health officials."

JWK
According to this, there have been 26,023 deaths from Covid complications in my state, Illinois.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/illinois/

That only 150 +/- are a result of breakthrough cases is good news.

Covid, not the vaccine is the cause of death.

No vaccine is 100% effective.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:06 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Over 99% of all hospitalizations due to covid are unvaccinated people. Complaining about the vaccine being 'deadly' is like saying the government is ruling with an iron fist by mandating seatbelt use (and it's like saying wearing seatbelts kills people), because a handful of people in crashes while wearing seatbelts die every year.
Why do people always want to try and bring up Seatbelts as some comparison to the COVID vaccine?

1. Seatbelts were around for decades before they became mandatory. They were first invented in the 50's, and started to really show up in cars in the 60's. They didn't become mandatory until starting around the late 80's. The COVID vaccine just started development a little over a year ago and hasn't even had even the Emergency Use Authorization for an entire year.

2. When the Governments made seatbelts mandatory they did it based it on data over the long term. Again the COVID vaccine has been Approved for Emergency Use for less than a year. There is zero long term data, but hints from various areas that there may be some very serious long term issues for some.

3. Seatbelts do not involve injecting your body with something that hasn't had any long-term testing. You take the seatbelt off when you are out of the car. You can't take the COVID vaccine out of your body.

I'd say would you stake your life on the COVID vaccine not having any long-term effects, but we know you already did when you got the vaccine. And for the record, I do hope that all of the issues that are starting to hear about don't actually amount to much. But we really won't know the answer for another 1-2 years. So for now I'll wear my seatbelt, but hold off on the vaccine.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:07 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Getting vaccinated doesn't help protect anyone but you.
And the effect on you is far from certain.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:11 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
for now I'll wear my seatbelt, but hold off on the vaccine.
As long as you wear a mask in public and socially distance, so you lower the risk to others, I understand what you're saying, and think in a way it makes sense.

A problem people have with anti-vaxxers is anti-vaxxers are standing in the way of achieving herd immunity. It's inherently a selfish position, and that DOES frustrate people. Even if anti-vaxxers don't agree with it, they need to at least understand that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies