Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 07:47 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times

Advertisements

Another military resignation:

Posted by his wife:

Quote:
After eighteen years of active duty service in the US Army, my lieutenant colonel husband has resigned

He’s walking away from all he’s worked for and believed in since he was an ROTC kid at UGA

He’s walking away from his retirement

His resignation memo:
Resignation memo at link:
https://twitter.com/AtTheHague/statu...03607460450304
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 10:29 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
^^^

IF this is true, I wonder if he will actually be permitted an honorable discharge.

Btw, the following is the Oath taken by members of the U.S. Army:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

So how would that apply if the if the Commander in Chief is actually trying to do something that is contrary to the Constitution (and is not in the best interest of United States citizens)? What then?

https://www.army.mil/values/oath.html

Old 09-12-2021, 11:00 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Over 99% of all hospitalizations due to covid are unvaccinated people. Complaining about the vaccine being 'deadly' is like saying the government is ruling with an iron fist by mandating seatbelt use (and it's like saying wearing seatbelts kills people), because a handful of people in crashes while wearing seatbelts die every year.
A little over 40 years ago I got in an accident where I only lived because I wasn't wearing my seat belt.

Despite that, I've worn a seat belt every time since, and I've driven about 1.4 million miles since then.

Old 09-13-2021, 06:10 AM

3,402 posts, read 1,442,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
In fairness, very few laws pertaining to “public safety” in NYC make any sense.

I agree with you and that is why I closed down my business in the late 1970's and moved out of the nitwit controlled city.

JWK

Old 09-13-2021, 06:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A little over 40 years ago I got in an accident where I only lived because I wasn't wearing my seat belt.

Despite that, I've worn a seat belt every time since, and I've driven about 1.4 million miles since then.
Should people get fined for not getting the vaccine?
Should people get fined for not wearing a set belt?

If the answers are different, what's the difference?

Old 09-13-2021, 06:26 AM

3,402 posts, read 1,442,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

A more important question would be: Should our President be allowed to impose regulatory rules beyond the powers delegated to the federal government by our federal Constitution?

JWK

Old 09-13-2021, 06:31 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,789,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

No on both counts.

However you don't irreversibly inject a seatbelt into your body.

Old 09-13-2021, 06:54 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
A more important question would be: Should our President be allowed to impose regulatory rules beyond the powers delegated to the federal government by our federal Constitution?

JWK
This is the real question but Americans are too dumbed down to think about it.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:07 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The virus isn’t going away. It’s endemic. Without an actual vaccine, we’re going to have it around from now on, in one form or another. What we currently have is not an actual vaccine. It’s a prophylactic treatment for symptoms. No amount of mandating an ineffective vaccine is going to change that.
The vaccine is very effective but not perfect, those who choose not to take the vaccine are the current problem. So what is the solution, just hope this goes away or wait for a permanent vaccine.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:08 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The vaccine is very effective but not perfect, those who choose not to take the vaccine are the current problem. So what is the solution, just hope this goes away or wait for a permanent vaccine.
Soviet style scapegoating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies