Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 08:17 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The current pandemic is because of the unvaccinated. Spare me the Stalin and Hitler response, no one is requiring you to get a vaccine but if mask requirements amount to Hitler you are a drama queen.

They are every bit as valid as all the comparisons to Hitler the Left made about Trump.

And the vaccines don't provide immunity or stop you from spreading it to others.

They only minimize the symptoms to the point where the vaccinated aren't even aware that they have it and are potentially spreading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 08:27 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Just like "global warming," government mandates really can't stop mother nature.

We need to stop this constant BS about masks and lockdowns. If you're afraid, stay home. Otherwise, live a normal life.

We are committing suicide over the fools errand of trying for 100% safety in everything we do.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:13 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Just like "global warming," government mandates really can't stop mother nature.

We need to stop this constant BS about masks and lockdowns. If you're afraid, stay home. Otherwise, live a normal life.

We are committing suicide over the fools errand of trying for 100% safety in everything we do.
I have taken precautions that have statistically held up to making covid 99% survivable!

here are my precautions:

1. Live my life without a mask

2. Live my life without a vax

3. Live my life without always worrying that all the doom and gloom/sky is falling propaganda the left spews is true...especially since they have decades of being wrong!

Old 08-10-2021, 09:15 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I have taken precautions that have statistically held up to making covid 99% survivable!

here are my precautions:

1. Live my life without a mask

2. Live my life without a vax

3. Live my life without always worrying that all the doom and gloom/sky is falling propaganda the left spews is true...especially since they have decades of being wrong!

Sounds like a good plan.

So what's the plan if you are one of the unlucky 1% that ends up on a ventilator?

Old 08-10-2021, 09:21 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Vaccinated people can still harbor the virus, and even get sick, and rarely die from it. So no, the pandemic is not because of the unvaccinated, that's just a silly generalization being thrown around by people who want to guilt trip their fellow Americans into getting vaccinated.

If you want to convince people to get the vaccine, try being truthful and honest. If you lie, no one will listen to you or take you seriously. Of course, some people just enjoy vaccine shaming others as a means to feel superior. If that's your thing, great, whatever you gotta do to feel good about yourself I guess.
Exactly. The virus is here, regardless of vaccinated or not. Unless every country seals it's borders, and people (vaccinated or not) stop interacting with each other for how ever long it takes to burn out....this virus isn't going anywhere.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:25 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sounds like a good plan.

So what's the plan if you are one of the unlucky 1% that ends up on a ventilator?
Well, we already know that it was the ventilators that were doing the killing initially, and there's plenty of effective treatments out there that the big pharma and the globalist don't want us to know about, so...I'll either get better with one of those treatments or I'll die.

We all die sometime...

I choose to LIVE up until that time!

Didn't someone once say something about dying on your feet rather than living on your knees?

Besides, I have a 99.??% chance of survival by doing nothing, Those that mask and vax still only have a 99.??% chance at survival, but with an unknown likelihood of being killed by the vax itself...so I'll just spin one wheel instead of two, thank you very much!

Old 08-10-2021, 09:25 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Are the illegals wearing masks?

... not that they really care since they are breaking the law to even be here - why would they worry about masks in the first place
Immigration status is not even a variable in epidemiological models, because it is irrelevant. Your legal status has zero impact on your ability to transmit a virus.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:27 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I spent half my day working on the classified network supporting troops in harm's way. I'm now retired but would have gone into work nearly every day.
Which is not the norm for the majority of the federal government. That’s why so many work from home.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:34 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Sounds like a good plan.

You might want to look at the graph at the link which shows that as of March 24, 2021 (the last date reported*), only 2% of those admitted with COVID are ventilated or intubated IF you are talking about one's overall chances now of ending up in an ICU due to COVID if s/he currently COVID-free. Combine that with the fact that the GREAT majority of people who get COVID will have no or very mild symptoms, I think your 1% figure is ridiculous.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/nhc...ilator-use.htm

*for which I have no explanation -- does anyone else?

Old 08-10-2021, 09:56 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Sounds like a good plan.

Accept the reality! Same as when you drive your car down the street every day.

There's no such thing as 100% safety!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies