Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 01:06 PM

30,167 posts, read 23,565,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Blow up countries that oppress minorities, LGBT and women. Places like China and Russia for example. If America Canada UK is following this model. They should practice what they preach.
You sound like a redneck boomer warhawk Republican.

"Bomb the sh*t out of people who don't think like us! RAWWWWWR!"

Pathetic and evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 01:31 PM

4,712 posts, read 3,146,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Kinda surprising, cause most countries are realizing that LGBTQI+ people are just being who they are and oppressing them is wrong.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/01/08/...le-el-salvador
I don't care who you love, and I guess I really don't care if you want to 'identify' as something biologically different than what you were born with... but I have a problem when you can't make up your mind what you are and start demanding people use some ridiculous new pronoun. If you want people to leave you alone, then shut up and live your life and quit making a fuss about how much special treatment you deserve for being 'different'!

Old 08-10-2021, 07:25 PM

293 posts, read 189,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
No, they can fix it by cutting that $%^& out. They know what they are doing.

If you are talking about religion.

The bible also says people can't eat fat Lev 3:17, can't eat pork Lev 11:7-8, can't eat shrimp or anything lacking fins or scales Deuteronomy 14:9-10, planting two different crops side by side Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of mixed fabrics lev 19:19, cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping the edges of your beard Lev 19:27, tattoos Lev 19:28, can't work on the sabbath Exodus 35:2

There is also slavery in the bible.{an evil that no one approves of today}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_slavery

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

The point is: No one follows biblical laws to the letter, Christian or Jew. If a Christian going to cherry pick the biblical laws they want to follow and ignore the laws they don't, then why not ignore the laws that depict people of a certain sexual orientation or gender identity as being worthy of condemnation? Justifying a personal bias on an ancient biblical law when you blatantly ignore other ancient biblical laws doesn't seem like something Jesus would do.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:41 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,974,072 times
So this gets them a free ride in America. We have some really crappy laws.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:05 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,890,831 times
Quote:
They are not being who they are. It's a choice. They aren't born that way.
How would you know? If you are not LGBT+ then you cannot have any idea how they were born or how they feel.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:10 PM

293 posts, read 189,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How would you know? If you are not LGBT+ then you cannot have any idea how they were born or how they feel.

This.

Why would anyone want to choose a lifestyle where they get mocked and such?

I'm Bisexual myself.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:29 PM

7 posts, read 2,908 times
Quote:
No, they can fix it by cutting that $%^& out. They know what they are doing.
Tell me, what kind of women do you like?

Old 08-11-2021, 08:43 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,890,831 times
Quote:
I didn't bring up religion, the other poster did. Go back and re read the thread.

How do I know? Where is there proof that that it isn't? I could care less how they feel.
Oh just stop with this "prove a negative" line.

If you could care less, then why are you posting your opinion on this thread?

Old 08-11-2021, 09:14 AM

5,716 posts, read 3,225,637 times
Science hasn't proven that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post

Old 08-11-2021, 10:31 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,752,933 times
Quote:
How do I know? Where is there proof that that it isn't? I could care less how they feel.
But gay people are supposed to care how fundamentalist Christians feel?

There's far more proof that sexual orientation is unchangeable than there is for the god of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies