Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 08:21 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times

Advertisements

Maybe they will build an Obama gun range and teach those kids how to hit a target.

That I could go for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 11:51 PM

7,181 posts, read 4,747,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Briefly, 5 years ago. When I was there, Hyde Park was a little strip of college neighborhood around the University of Chicago, between very poor and dangerous neighborhoods with frequent shootings. But UC is dying. Without it, Hyde Park could have some rough years of being another violent south side hood until suburban sprawl reverses.

Obama's absurd skyscraper plan may be obsolete before construction is completed. Skyscrapers use more energy, which is becoming more expensive.
Thank you for posting some relevant information.

Hopefully, the construction of that (ugly) building will bring jobs to the area.

I don’t like the looks of the building but that’s just me. It’s not my library and the cost is funded by private donations, I believe. So, I’m fine with it.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:18 AM

30,030 posts, read 18,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's funny to see the local liberals who are fighting this twist themselves in knots to still love on Obama while opposing him at the same time. Saw many letters in the Trib.
Hilarious, isn't it?

When liberal oligarchs personally affect them, they don't like it anymore.

Totalitarians (eventually) are indiscriminate in who they harm and everyone at some point is adversely affected.

I'll bet every one of them voted for Obama and Biden, but failed to see what they were really about. If you asked them, they are so brainwashed that they will probably blame Trump.

One wonders as well........................... who the hell is going to visit the Obama library?

Old 08-12-2021, 06:21 AM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

One wonders as well........................... who the hell is going to visit the Obama library?
They would be better off to make it the Obama Gym, Rec Center and Gun Range. Teach those Gangbangers how to hit a target.

Those are things the city could use.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:27 AM

25,805 posts, read 16,456,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed.

Also, Obama still has a lot of delusional influence among blacks and hasn’t spent a single second helping us. No social activism, speeches, food drives, donations, volunteerism, calls to stop black on black violence.

The guy just sits on his ass in his mansion while hosting parties for the liberal elites and plays golf with taxpayer money. He can at least pretend to give a damn about the people who elected him for 8 years.
I voted for him twice and do I regret it. I really though we would see meaningful change. Nothing, nada. Mostly he was doing magazine shoots at Martha’s Vineyard.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I voted for him twice and do I regret it. I really though we would see meaningful change. Nothing, nada. Mostly he was doing magazine shoots at Martha’s Vineyard.
Ditto. The most corrupt president in my lifetime and I was a kid when Nixon was in office. What a mistake. Had my eyes been open I would have questioned how this guy who people in IL had never even heard of, got all that funding to run. I didn't know he was Soros-chosen at the time.

Biden will either tie him or take first place as worst President, I'm sure.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:14 AM

52,551 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Ditto. The most corrupt president in my lifetime and I was a kid when Nixon was in office. What a mistake. Had my eyes been open I would have questioned how this guy who people in IL had never even heard of, got all that funding to run. I didn't know he was Soros-chosen at the time.

Biden will either tie him or take first place as worst President, I'm sure.
as horrible as obama was, biden will beat him like a rented mule when it comes to worst-of-the-worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies