Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 11:47 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The establishment Democrat left and the pharmaceutical companies do not like this kind of talk. How are they going to use this virus to enrich themselves and to impose themselves in dominating fashion over the people, if the people can free themselves from this tyranny, without help from either of these two groups, for $15 worth of amino acid supplements?
isnt it interesting that the Democrat party and "BIG" Business have become joined at the hip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 11:48 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Lysine Reported to Halt Coronaviruses

https://wholefoodsmagazine.com/colum...th-bill-sardi/

L-Lysine

You can buy a bottle of this stuff for less than $15 on amazon.
??????????????

This is far from a randomized, double blinded, prospective study.

This information is simply rubbish and shows what is wrong with non-peer reviewed "medical" information from some granola/vitamin magazine.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:53 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
The whole new age to MAGA pipeline is one of the weirdest things I seen.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:54 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
I don’t buy this at all. I need to see the results in an actual clinical trial. Some article from Whole Foods ain’t cutting it……..

If a well-conducted clinical trial trial is done that shows it’s effective, I will be the first to load up on it!

Old 08-10-2021, 11:56 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
??????????????

This is far from a randomized, double blinded, prospective study.

This information is simply rubbish and shows what is wrong with non-peer reviewed "medical" information from some granola/vitamin magazine.
It is really impressive how quickly you recognize crackpot theory as it is related to COVID.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The whole new age to MAGA pipeline is one of the weirdest things I seen.
Excess amino acids cannot be stored in the body. What happens to them? They are metabolized in the liver and converted to nitrogenous waste and stored fats and glycogen.

If you want to increase the nitrogen content of your urine, consume more amino acids. You could urinate on your plants and provide them fertilizer.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:58 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I take glycine because it's not abundant in my or most people's diets... it's the anti-aging amino acid. That and/or collegian peptides. NAC would also fit into that list but most people aren't really deficient in NAC compared to glycine. If you eat meat, you don't need to supplement with lysine.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:59 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
I was actually taking L-Lysine right up until the day I was infected with the Alpha variant in Feb 2020. Unfortunately L-Lysine alone won't protect against infection but perhaps it contributed to a less serious acute outcome.

L-Lysine should be used along with many other nutrients such as Vitamin D3, Magnesium and Omega 3s etc. No silver bullet unfortunately. Just like Zinc or Vitamin C alone won't make you impervious either.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It is really impressive how quickly you recognize crackpot theory as it is related to COVID.
My views are entirely consistent in all realms.

Covid conspiracies are crazy, as well as belief in ghosts, global warming, luck, astrology, herbal medicines, magic, space aliens, "the iluminati", medical benefits of pot, etc........... Pearl Harbor wasn't planned by the US or Brits. The space landings weren't faked. Elvis and Bin Ladin are dead. Hitler did not escape the bunker. There are no space aliens at area 51. Diversity weakens, and does not improve, a culture.

Unfortunately, hard data, math, and science are out of "vogue" now and emotion and conspiracy theories rule the day.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:03 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I’ll take whatever will help, but I’m my sons case the virus should be dead. It’s been over 20 days - but the damage to his lungs n ongoing pneumonia I don’t think it would help at this stage.
This is why I am perplexed on why the pneumonia vaccine booster isn't being promoted right now.

You are correct in that L-Lysine is more important in prevention but it cannot hurt to add now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies