Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 11:38 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,805,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your intellect.

It is a victory for Biden and these are all things he promised voters in 2020.

Donald Trump is a bigot. Donald Trump disrespects veterans and law enforcement. Donald Trump is stupid. Donald Trump is corrupt. Donald Trump is unpatriotic. Donald Trump is an authoritarian. Donald Trump is a liar. Donald Trump is cruel. Donald Trump failed to properly respond to COVID. Donald Trump's fiscal, trade, and immigration policies contributed to weakening the economy and higher inflation. Donald Trump separated families. Donald Trump reversed civil rights protections. Donald Trump used eminent domain. Donald Trump violated the separation of powers.

So yes, I voted for Biden. Not because I align with him ideologically. But because he is not Donald Trump.
You could replace Trump's name with Biden and it would all be apply to Biden.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:51 PM

929 posts, read 396,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
But 2022 is in the future. None of what you have said is factual. A hope maybe, but not factual. I sure hope you know the difference.

I really hope you are ok.
In the future, and not yet but it's pretty much guaranteed. Do you really believe that the GOP will not do anything radical when they get the majority back? Remember what Mitch McConnell did when Harry Reid changed the rules. The Demonrats have started these stupidity, the GOP can play the same game.

I'm perfectly fine and enjoying retirement life, I'm waiting for my child tax credit to buy new AR-15, thank you Biden.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:56 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,728,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Bidet and Camel are the heroes of the "Tax and Bribe" form of government.
Huzzah!
Are you channeling Rush Limbaugh or Donald Trump?

Giving people demeaning nicknames only places you in a bad light. It’s so….blah

Old 08-12-2021, 12:02 AM

9,625 posts, read 4,469,275 times
`Bipartisan` means big government politicians made a back smoke filled room deal.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:59 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,495,566 times
Quote:
Yes, the behind-the-scenes discussions were quite intense, according to reports. There were moments back in July when it appeared this bill would be dead. But Biden and his team never gave up on it, on us. In our age of polarization it is quite the feat to see a major administration agenda pass the Senate with such a remarkable show of bipartisan support.

President Biden is showing the American people he is a uniter - through his actions and his achievements. And America is listening.
Poor old Joe wouldn't be able to list 3 things in this bill off the cuff. The notion that he is involved in the design or negotiation of it is comedic fantasy. I'm enjoying your satire as it continues to become ever more "onion"-esque.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:18 AM

32,921 posts, read 12,218,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
Absolutely agree. Biden understands the art of negotiation and has the competence and experience to get things done. All the other guy did was pretend he was serious about improving the nation’s infrastructure. There’s just no substitute for knowledge, competence and experience.
What is your definition of what constitutes infrastructure ?

Old 08-12-2021, 04:47 AM

32,921 posts, read 12,218,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your intellect.

It is a victory for Biden and these are all things he promised voters in 2020.

Donald Trump is a bigot. Donald Trump disrespects veterans and law enforcement. Donald Trump is stupid. Donald Trump is corrupt. Donald Trump is unpatriotic. Donald Trump is an authoritarian. Donald Trump is a liar. Donald Trump is cruel. Donald Trump failed to properly respond to COVID. Donald Trump's fiscal, trade, and immigration policies contributed to weakening the economy and higher inflation. Donald Trump separated families. Donald Trump reversed civil rights protections. Donald Trump used eminent domain. Donald Trump violated the separation of powers.

So yes, I voted for Biden. Not because I align with him ideologically. But because he is not Donald Trump.
Except not voting for Trump didn’t require voting for Biden.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:40 AM

7,084 posts, read 4,693,732 times
Biden should be removed immediately for endangering Americans.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,688,506 times
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/5505736001/

When the infrastructure bill stalled in the halls of Senate, Biden and his team worked tirelessly behind the scenes to advance a key administration objective through the legislature. Today, their hard work pays off as the Senate just passed the legislation with bipartisan support, overcoming its biggest hurdle.

In stark contrast to the previous administration’s showy incompetence, the Biden administration exemplifies how to get things done for Americans, quietly, competently, and with bipartisan support.

Biden wins, America wins. Bravo.
Bravo for this post and three cheers for bipartisanship and compromise in the governing of America. Kudos to the Biden administration for striving for and achieving these major goals that benefit all of us.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:12 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,897,633 times
Quote:
I respectfully disagree. The proof is in the eating of the pudding, isn’t it? And the pudding today is solidly and deliciously bipartisan. Yummy.
Laced with poison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.