Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 08:18 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,914,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's neither.

It's a totalitarian control tactic and has nothing whatsoever to do with economic systems.
They are not. This is like saying requiring people to wear seat belts or not run red-lights are totalitarian control tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 08:20 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
In democratic states at least. Unless Biden does a federal mandate. This is communism. Even several of my vaccinated friends and family think so. I chose not to get it yet because of allergies and also because I had Covid (but the media doesn’t mention that many drs have stated natural immunity is just as safe or more). I’m in a blue state and already most of the main city venues require proof before you enter.
Communism (from Oxford)
"a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs."

I see nothing in there about mandating vaccines.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:22 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Way to miss the point...

It doesn't matter who's doing it. IT'S A TOTALITARIAN CONTROL TACTIC.

"Your papers, PLEASE!"

You'd accept that - from anyone? It's ok, as long as it's not the government doing it? Do you know what government is, especially in this country? It's us. WE are the government. So if you wouldn't accept it from government, you shouldn't accept it from anyone.

We permit the government to act on our behalf in certain, specific situations, but their actions are still supposed to represent our will. In other words, what we allow the government to do is a subset of what we allow ourselves to do. Our government never has more authority than we do. Never. We've delegated some of our authority for some things, but we don't ever relinquish ownership of it. We can revoke any authority we've delegated at any time.

Something is either right or it's wrong.

For some reason (I have my theories on what that is), people have begun to believe that certain abhorrent behaviors aren't abhorrent unless they're coming from government.

Your rights are your rights. When we talk about whether or not a business "can" violate your rights, we're talking about whether or not there are legal ramifications for them doing so, not whether or not they're actually doing it. Everyone generally agrees that they are, but half the people excuse the behavior because it's not the government doing it.

Where does your allegiance lie? Is it with corporations? That's what's suggested by the position you just took.

Is it with government? That's dangerous.

Is it with the People?

A set of principles?

An idea?

What?
I can flip this argument on its head.

You want unvaccinated people to be able to *force* others to interact with them in the exact same was as they would interact with a vaccinated person. How is this any less totalitarian than what you are opposed to?

Old 08-11-2021, 08:22 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,175,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
That makes him even more dangerous. He will pass whatever is put in front of him!
The vaccines are not approved and are experimental and our making people very sick I do not think he can mandate this. Hell even jobs and others are finding it hard to make people put this crap into their system. biden would have to have army's hold us all down and rape us with the needles and I really wnt to see him try that lol

Old 08-11-2021, 08:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I can flip this argument on its head.

You want unvaccinated people to be able to *force* others to interact with them in the exact same was as they would interact with a vaccinated person. How is this any less totalitarian than what you are opposed to?
There is nothing totalitarian about walking around while not having been injected with a pharmaceutical product injected into ones body. Vaccinated people absolutely are catching and spreading covid. Vaccinated people are not special.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/d...t-b950068.html

Old 08-11-2021, 08:25 AM

7,327 posts, read 3,513,097 times
I have no problem with vaccines but it’s a pipe dream to think that getting vaccinated is the key to ending this pandemic with our current philosophy

Old 08-11-2021, 08:26 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
In democratic states at least. Unless Biden does a federal mandate. This is communism. Even several of my vaccinated friends and family think so. I chose not to get it yet because of allergies and also because I had Covid (but the media doesn’t mention that many drs have stated natural immunity is just as safe or more). I’m in a blue state and already most of the main city venues require proof before you enter.

"Vhere are your papers?"

"Show me ZE PAPERS!!"

Old 08-11-2021, 08:27 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
I don't like it, but it's better than staying locked down forever. That is the path we are on.

None of this would have happened if Donald Trump wouldn't have politicized the virus and turned it into a culture war battle.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:29 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Communism is when there is no privately owned property in a state. How is private businesses requiring proof of vaccination communist?

Private businesses requiring proof of vaccination is capitalism at work.

That depends....

Is government telling private businesses that they must do this?

In that case, government is just using businesses as a proxy.

Much like they use social media as a proxy for an official propaganda platform.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:47 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I too did not believe Iraq had WMDs. I likewise did not believe that Iraq had a role in the events of 9/11.

At that time, I leaned left, and whenever I cared to share my views, I was told I hated America and that I sympathized with terrorists.

Later on, after millions of dead and displaced Iraqis, thousands of death U.S. troops, dozens of thousands of injured/maimed U.S. troops, and the rise of Al-Qaeda in Iraq as well as of Islamic State, it was finally revealed that Iraq had no role in 9/11 and that it had gotten rid of its last WMDs before the 2003 invasion.

I was skeptical of this entire thing from the start. I saw the videos of some courageous doctors/scientists who spoke truths the MSM has never cared to address. If in 5, 10, 15, 20 years, it is ultimately proven to have been unnecessary to shut down the economy, to prevent families from meeting and from traveling... if destroying thousands of small businesses and millions of jobs are proven to have been unnecessary...

I don't want to imagine the backlash. I am fortunate enough to have lost no relatives, no friends, and no income during all this, and the mere thought it may one day be revealed this was all unnecessary makes me angry. I don't want to imagine the anger of those who lost a family member or a job or a business.
Yes, some may be too young to remember. I felt so ostracized too back then. I leaned left also and my Dem friends sympathized with the anti war part. Though if I would bring up evidence of no WMD's I was treated like I was in tin foil hat territory even by them.

It still amazes me to this day when I see former Neocons on TV talking about that time period and WMD's stating, "How could we have been SO wrong?" Some clearly believed the lie and never questioned the narrative. Here we go again...

We shouldn't be attacked and censored today for bringing up these same inconsistencies. There is too much at stake now. At least there are more people today questioning things. I hope it's not too late to turn this around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies