Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 07:36 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
I believe that is completely false. He was creating fair trade with China. Yes, it will hurt at first but it would benefit us all greatly in the future.

I am a farmer, and I agreed with what President Trump was doing with China. I know I am just one, but I know I'm not alone.
At what point in the future will this pay off?

At what point will any of this pay off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 09:40 AM

3,405 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At what point in the future will this pay off?

At what point will any of this pay off?
What does all that have to do with the Chinese virus pandemic? Let us focus on finding treatments dealing with the pandemic.

JWK

Old 08-18-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar
ah yes, the gaslighting continues.

Sure its the EVIL media!

Meanwhile in reality the majority of those unvaccinated are Republicans. Must be all the MSNBC those groups watch right?

I'm still confused as how you know Republicans are unvaccinated because no one asked me or anyone I know what party we are affiliated with when we received the vaccine.
And now, they are attacking Ron DeSantis, simply because he is unwilling to engage in handwringing, fearmongering and trampling upon the liberties of Florida's citizens, and instead, is resorting to common sense solutions to deal with the Chinese virus, one of which is making the antibody treatment widely available in Florida.

JWK

Old 08-18-2021, 11:13 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Remember when President Trump advocated the antibody treatment for Covid-19 and our Trump-Hating media downplayed, and mostly ignored the treatment’s success, simply because it was advocated by the President? Well now, after the treatment has been turned to by so many hospitals, and with great success, our Fifth Colum media and their Yellow Journalists’ suppression has finally been overcome and we are finding more and more articles like the following:

Use of Antibody Treatment Increases as COVID-19 Cases Climb

August 2, 2021

â€Scientists now say they've proved monoclonal antibodies can help keep some COVID-19 sufferers from becoming hospitalized.

"This is a game-changer," said principal investigator at Baylor Scott & White Research Institute Dr. Robert Gottlieb, "But a lot of people still don't know about it."

Monoclonal antibody treatment shows success for COVID-19 patients at Arkansas hospital

August 3, 2021

â€LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — We've received several questions about the ways doctors and nurses are treating people hospitalized with COVID-19.

THV11 took a closer look at one that UAMS described as a "game changer" in the fight against the virus, and it's helping save lives.

They've been using the treatment at UAMS since December and it's turning several patients' fights, like Cathy Lewter's, into victories.â€

Tampa General Hospital is First in Florida To Offer Monoclonal Antibody Treatments to COVID-19 Patients

August 5, 2021

â€A total of 1,600 patients have been treated by Tampa General with monoclonal antibodies. “By targeting towards the virus, this therapy prevents infection that can keep patients out of the emergency room,†said Kim, who also leads the monoclonal antibodies clinic. “People have less severe disease and aren’t going to give it to others, it’s an important treatment,†she noted.â€

New Intermountain Healthcare Study Finds COVID Treatment Highly Effective in Preventing Hospitalizations, Severe Illness, and Death

8/10/2021

â€Salt Lake City, UT -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/10/2021 --In a new study, researchers from Intermountain Healthcare have found that treating high-risk COVID-19 patients with a monoclonal antibody treatment reduced severe illness and hospitalizations by more than 50 percent and saved many patients from dying due to complications from the virus.

The key to effectively reducing severe illness, hospitalizations, and deaths, is that the treatment must be administered within seven days of symptom onset of COVIDâ€.

Had our Trump-Hating, Fifth Colum media, paid more attention to the success of this treatment early on, instead of ignoring it and constantly engaging in fear mongering and hand wringing, the likelihood is that more hospitals would have turned to the treatment and less deaths and suffering would have occurred in America.

JWK
"and our Trump-Hating media downplayed, and mostly ignored...."
I've always said, it is NOT just what the media reorts but, what they DON'T report!

Old 08-18-2021, 11:15 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
ah yes, the gaslighting continues.

Sure its the EVIL media!

Meanwhile in reality the majority of those unvaccinated are Republicans. Must be all the MSNBC those groups watch right?
"Meanwhile in reality the majority of those unvaccinated are Republicans."

I heard it was dem BLACKS!

Old 08-18-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and our Trump-Hating media downplayed, and mostly ignored...."
I've always said, it is NOT just what the media reports but, what they DON'T report!
And when our media chooses to not report information which is vital to the nation's general welfare, such an act borders on what is called nonfeasance.

The question is, why has our mainstream media, in general, devolved into an agenda driven force where reporting the news has taken a back seat where truth and facts are nothing more than obstacles to overcome?

JWK

Old 08-18-2021, 01:12 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,448,365 times
If by media you mean Fox News and OAN, then yes. And before the herd comes for me: no, I rarely watch CNN and I never watch MSNBC. And Fox News, while telling people not to trust the vaccine or masks on their shows, has their anchors and employees vaccinated, including the fan favorite hacks Hannity, Carson, and Ingraham, has company mask policy, and the channel has it's own vaccine passport program.

Fox News being wrong about the virus, and then backtracking throughout 2020 is right there on video. So if by media, then yes this thread is correct. CNN has been overly sensational - I particularly was irked over their March 20 unfair Florida coverage - but at least they werent a lie machine like Fox.

Being sensational >> downplaying and lying. Elementary stuff.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
If by media you mean Fox News and OAN, then yes. And before the herd comes for me: no, I rarely watch CNN and I never watch MSNBC. And Fox News, while telling people not to trust the vaccine or masks on their shows, has their anchors and employees vaccinated, including the fan favorite hacks Hannity, Carson, and Ingraham, has company mask policy, and the channel has it's own vaccine passport program.

Fox News being wrong about the virus, and then backtracking throughout 2020 is right there on video. So if by media, then yes this thread is correct. CNN has been overly sensational - I particularly was irked over their March 20 unfair Florida coverage - but at least they werent a lie machine like Fox.

Being sensational >> downplaying and lying. Elementary stuff.
Well, if you "rarely watch CNN and [you] never watch MSNBC", then your conclusions are not based upon an "inclusive" spectrum.

JWK

Old 08-18-2021, 01:45 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,448,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Well, if you "rarely watch CNN and [you] never watch MSNBC", then your conclusions are not based upon an "inclusive" spectrum.

JWK
Guess what? The internet exists. Their clips are all on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, etc. Also guess what? Websites exist. They have one. When a major event happens I go to CNN.com to how they framed it, then I see what Fox says. No one has to stare at the TV for 24 hours to get an idea.

CNN likes to cry, Fox likes to lie. Oh well. People need to stop with the idea that Fox is not "media." They are a 24-hour cable news network that airs in 86 countries. They are owned by a mass media corporation that is owned by a conglomerate that made $12 billion in revenue in 2020. People love to constantly gloat about their ratings. They also have radio affiliates, merchandise, and mounting sexual and racial harassment suits like everyone else.

They are not some small town, independent, down to earth, up by the bootstraps, for the people rag. They are a media corporation that simply tells its viewers what they want to hear so they make more money, and they exist simply to compete with Warner, Viacom, and Comcast. And no, that is not my opinion, that is literally what Rupert Murdoch said he created Fox News for.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Guess what? The internet exists. Their clips are all on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, etc. Also guess what? Websites exist. They have one. When a major event happens I go to CNN.com to how they framed it, then I see what Fox says. No one has to stare at the TV for 24 hours to get an idea.

CNN likes to cry, Fox likes to lie. Oh well. People need to stop with the idea that Fox is not "media." They are a 24-hour cable news network that airs in 86 countries. They are owned by a mass media corporation that is owned by a conglomerate that made $12 billion in revenue in 2020. People love to constantly gloat about their ratings. They also have radio affiliates, merchandise, and mounting sexual and racial harassment suits like everyone else.

They are not some small town, independent, down to earth, up by the bootstraps, for the people rag. They are a media corporation that simply tells its viewers what they want to hear so they make more money, and they exist simply to compete with Warner, Viacom, and Comcast. And no, that is not my opinion, that is literally what Rupert Murdoch said he created Fox News for.
Well, thank you for your in depth opinion about our media.

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies