Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 09:00 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I don't remember that, no. I remember them making fun of his ideas of using disinfectant and UV light as internal remedies. Which was very well deserved.
When he got Covid, he signed up for the experimental antibody treatment. I don't recall him advocating it for others, or making any arrangements to increase the availability of the treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 09:21 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
In spite of the stupid things Trump said, and his obnoxious tweeting, most of his policies were designed to advance America's best interests, and his immigration border policies did in fact take into account the best interests of America's hard working citizens and their families.

I think a lot of people who didn't support him, are now having second thoughts.

JWK
BS

Trump's policies did not advance America's best interests.

His trade war with China did not work out well for U.S. citizens, particularly U.S. farmers.

The economy was already on a downhill slide when Covid hit. His administration ended with far fewer jobs than it started and added $7 trillion to the deficit.

He stirred up his followers with endless yammering about the "crisis at the border" but didn't do anything to fix it.

Ditto infrastructure, etc.

He topped off his four years by inciting a mob to attack the Capitol.

Who are these people that didn't support him but are having second thoughts?

Old 08-16-2021, 09:48 AM

3,403 posts, read 1,443,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
When he got Covid, he signed up for the experimental antibody treatment. I don't recall him advocating it for others, or making any arrangements to increase the availability of the treatment.
Of course you "don't recall" President Trump "advocating it for others, or making any arrangements to increase the availability of the treatment."

But, the fact is, your "recall" is either very selective or poor.

See: U.S. Expects 1 Million Doses of Covid Antibody Before 2021

10/9/2020

"The government expects to have 1 million doses of the so-called monoclonal antibody treatments on hand before year-end. . . .

“We have engaged in a number of contracts for procurement of these monoclonal antibodies already,” said Paul Mango, deputy chief of staff for policy at the Department of Health and Human Services. The government is acquiring doses through its Strategic National Stockpile as they are manufactured, he said."

JWK

Old 08-16-2021, 10:05 AM

923 posts, read 526,569 times
Quote:
BS

His trade war with China did not work out well for U.S. citizens, particularly U.S. farmers.
I believe that is completely false. He was creating fair trade with China. Yes, it will hurt at first but it would benefit us all greatly in the future.

I am a farmer, and I agreed with what President Trump was doing with China. I know I am just one, but I know I'm not alone.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:11 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
BS

The economy was already on a downhill slide when Covid hit. His administration ended with far fewer jobs than it started and added $7 trillion to the deficit.

He stirred up his followers with endless yammering about the "crisis at the border" but didn't do anything to fix it.

Ditto infrastructure, etc.

He topped off his four years by inciting a mob to attack the Capitol.

Who are these people that didn't support him but are having second thoughts?
Well, Biden has definitely made everything far worse in 7 months then Carter did in four years, imagine what he will do for the next 3 1/2 years they have left. The crisis at the border happened after Biden took control of the border, it’s all on Biden. As Obama had said “ joe ruins everything he touches”.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould
BS

I believe that is completely false. He was creating fair trade with China. Yes, it will hurt at first but it would benefit us all greatly in the future.

I am a farmer, and I agreed with what President Trump was doing with China. I know I am just one, but I know I'm not alone.
Aside from the stupid tweeting put out by Trump, and some of the nonsensical things he would blurt out while on TV, his actual policies did advance the general welfare of the United States and her citizens.

JWK

Old 08-16-2021, 06:03 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,747,799 times
I wrote so many posts telling folks not to vote for Biden during covid because he would let infected illegals in the U.S, I guess the Trump-haters didn't care. My biggest disappointment was the suburban moms not voting for Trump. Good for them, now let them worry when their kids go to school, whether they are sitting next to infected illegal kids and bringing the virus back home, they got what they deserved voting for Biden.

Last edited by wp169; 08-16-2021 at 06:15 PM..

Old 08-16-2021, 09:27 PM

Default Fully vaccinated, re-infected patients, receiving antibody treatment to reduce strain on hospitals

See Experts turn to antibody treatment following swarm of breakthrough COVID-19 infections

July 29, 2021·
”While authorized vaccines have proven safe and effective in holding the line against COVID-19, they are not 100% effective. Reports of uncommon breakthrough cases among fully vaccinated Americans, coupled with the delta variant tearing through the country, threaten to undermine the fiercely fought wins against the pandemic.”
”For the fully vaccinated who do test positive, if you are at high risk for severe infection, health experts are now turning to Food and Drug Administration authorized, virus-fighting monoclonal antibodies in some cases. They are saying it's safe and beneficial for those who have been vaccinated, but get infected with COVID-19 nonetheless.”

Also see Field hospital set to ease strain amid record-breaking COVID-19 surge
August 12, 2021

”Each day, the outpatient area of the field hospital will care for 60 to 100 patients who need monoclonal antibody therapy to fight COVID-19.”

“We hope that by offering an outpatient treatment venue, we will decrease the number of patients we have to see in here,” Jones said in the news conference inside the field hospital.

JWK

Old 08-17-2021, 07:59 AM

Default CDC now recommends third dose of covid vaccine

Now we are finding that those who not only received two shots of a covid vaccine, should probably get a third shot. LINK

Maybe they should just get the antibody treatment which seems to be more effective.

See: Health experts tout monoclonal antibody therapy's effectiveness in treating COVID-19

August, 2021

ORLANDO, Fla. - Monoclonal antibody infusion therapy is getting rave reviews from medical experts for its effectiveness in treating patients with the coronavirus. But not all hospitals in Central Florida are offering it.

JWK

Old 08-17-2021, 10:57 AM

Default Finally, the antibody treatment game changer for Covid is being turned to across the country!

Monoclonal antibody treatment now available in East Tennessee primary care offices
Aug 16, 2021

”KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — There is a treatment for COVID-19 that has been around since November of 2020 according to Tennessee Health Commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercey. Its called monoclonal antibody treatment.”

”Now, it’s becoming more readily available in East Tennessee. The treatment has been used in hospitals for patients who have become critically ill with COVID-19 and who are considered ‘high risk.’’

UMMC to start monoclonal antibody clinic Tuesday

August 16, 2021

“The University of Mississippi Medical Center is now accepting appointments for a monoclonal antibody (MAB) infusion clinic for COVID-19 patients, which opens Tuesday in the field hospital located in Parking Garage B, which is across from the adult and children’s emergency rooms”
.. . .

“We know that monoclonal antibody treatments may help patients avoid progression of mild symptoms into severe disease requiring hospitalization or leading to death. The availability of this clinic offers UMMC another tool in combating the devastating effects of this pandemic and in alleviating the burden of the state’s hospital system,” said Dr. Alan Jones, associate vice chancellor for clinical affairs and COVID-19 clinical response leader.”

Antibody treatment could decrease COVID-19 hospitalizations by 80%, researcher says

August 16, 2021

“Dr. Gottlieb said the key for the antibodies to be most effective is to get them early on.”

"We've shown that if we give the antibodies early to patients at risk of progression, we can decrease the risk of hospitalization or worse by somewhere between 70% to even 87%," he said.”

”This comes as hospitals and ICUs are facing another surge, with low amounts of staffed ICU beds available for the Austin region.”

It’s about freaken time! And, Trump was right all along!

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies