Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 06:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Do you think these stories are propaganda?

What I learned in 2020:

Almost all stories are propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 07:00 AM

57,231 posts, read 26,172,300 times
We have seen many of these stories where people that didn't want the vaccine nd ended up in the hospital or worse. Why people don't believe these stories is hard to understand.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We have seen many of these stories where people that didn't want the vaccine nd ended up in the hospital or worse. Why people don't believe these stories is hard to understand.
Are those stories being covered in the US? I know they are in Europe.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:20 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’m finding many articles about antivaxxers dying of Covid and the telling people to take the vaccine and that they wish they did. Many articles mention they are from red states. I just feel like it’s so heavy handed. An agenda.

https://news.yahoo.com/anti-vaxxer-f...191433478.html

Also if you read comments on the articles they will state that it’s Karma. These are some of the same people that are supposedly all about love and unity and wanting to keep people healthy. Funny you don’t read antivaxxers comment “Karma” if when they read someone dying from complications from the vaccine?
Or maybe it’s a terrible way to die and not fun if you end up hospitalized from it.

I don’t care about love and unity; if you don’t get the vaccine and you’re healthy at this point you are the problem keeping this going.

Stop being selfish and go get the shot.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:26 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’m finding many articles about antivaxxers dying of Covid and the telling people to take the vaccine and that they wish they did. Many articles mention they are from red states. I just feel like it’s so heavy handed. An agenda.

https://news.yahoo.com/anti-vaxxer-f...191433478.html

Also if you read comments on the articles they will state that it’s Karma. These are some of the same people that are supposedly all about love and unity and wanting to keep people healthy. Funny you don’t read antivaxxers comment “Karma” if when they read someone dying from complications from the vaccine?
First, I think anyone who says it's Karma is a jerk. It's not a helpful comment.

To your question though, I don't think it's propaganda. I think there are a lot of anti-vaxxers that change their tune when they get sick. I know a few personally. Thankfully none of them died, but I know of a few that were humble enough to say "I believed the people that told me it was nothing, then I caught it and it sucked. I don't want you to suffer, please get vaxxed" (*Paraphrased, of course).

I think where the propaganda comes in, and has been PROVEN, is where fake news sites create doubt about the science, they create stories to inflate the problems with the vax, and they make fake statements to sew doubt about our leaders. It's a known issue. Then people take those very fake stories, use them as "evidence" that the media, the FBI, the CDC, and anyone else that Americans used to have faith in cannot be trusted. They undermine our elections, our health, and our well-being. Then people believe it, and use it as evidence that NOBODY can be trusted.

Ironically, they are using fake news to undermine trust in mainstream news, that has been notably accurate over the years. (I did not say perfect).

The world has flipped, where NewsMax, Brietbart and InfoWars is a source that people trust more than NBC, CBS or PBS. It's really amazing.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:29 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
First, I think anyone who says it's Karma is a jerk. It's not a helpful comment.

To your question though, I don't think it's propaganda. I think there are a lot of anti-vaxxers that change their tune when they get sick. I know a few personally. Thankfully none of them died, but I know of a few that were humble enough to say "I believed the people that told me it was nothing, then I caught it and it sucked. I don't want you to suffer, please get vaxxed" (*Paraphrased, of course).

I think where the propaganda comes in, and has been PROVEN, is where fake news sites create doubt about the science, they create stories to inflate the problems with the vax, and they make fake statements to sew doubt about our leaders. It's a known issue. Then people take those very fake stories, use them as "evidence" that the media, the FBI, the CDC, and anyone else that Americans used to have faith in cannot be trusted. They undermine our elections, our health, and our well-being. Then people believe it, and use it as evidence that NOBODY can be trusted.

Ironically, they are using fake news to undermine trust in mainstream news, that has been notably accurate over the years. (I did not say perfect).

The world has flipped, where NewsMax, Brietbart and InfoWars is a source that people trust more than NBC, CBS or PBS. It's really amazing.
I’m surprised how little is said about what a lousy way this is to die. People would stop bickering so much about masks if they knew how bad it was; but it’s really never mentioned.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:31 AM

323 posts, read 129,698 times
Quote:

The media needs only to look in the mirror they created the distrust with their slanted, biased reporting

Old 08-12-2021, 07:38 AM

607 posts, read 553,790 times
Everything should be viewed as propaganda.

Follow the money and follow the political connections to find out who's floating it.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:49 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
they're not propaganda but they're anecdotes used to spin a narrative.

I think the vaccines overall (as in over millions and millions of people)clearly work against severe infection. we don't know long term effects, we don't know how long immunity lasts.

The Yankees have had something like 20 players and coaches get covid after being vaccinated. Only one was even a little sick (an older coach)

So for them the story was thank god they got the vaccine because none of them got really sick. Now last year at this time when athletes were getting covid every time one tested positive the media made it seem like they were on death's door, seasons should be stopped etc. Of course bc they were young and in great shape almost none of them got really sick (to be fair a few did out of hundreds or more) While overall vaccines do prevent severe infection, you can't use a small handful of mostly young healthy people to prove that's what they do. It's absurd. But the media tries to spin it that way.

A few days ago Anthony Rizzo also of the Yankees tested positive for covid. He has said he is not getting vaccinated. So the story was written as UNVACCINATED Anthony Rizzo tests positive for covid (4-5 other players right now from the Yankees are also on the covid list.) How come when all of the other players tested positive on the same team it wasn't written as VACCINATED Gleyber Torres tests positive etc. Because they want to spin a narrative. They're not lying- Rizzo did test positive and isn't vaccinated but the way they write the story is totally different.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:00 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:

Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies