Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 07:38 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,798 times

Advertisements

body positive advocate- that's a classic one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 08:05 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah, I'd missed that part. Yeah, I guess they need to start protesting those clubs lol.

There aren't many mens rights groups lol, but watch them start tracking racial discrimination and the place will be a cinder in short order lol.

Oh and trust me, I can guarantee I can measure their admission policies and present the results as "proof of racism" at least to meet the standard of getting in the news (but not past anyone that works in analytics lol).

It reminds me of how in the dark ages so few could read that you had to take the priests word for it. Well, it's 2021 and innumeracy aboundeth, ye verily.
So you are saying correlation = causation.

#runs like hell

(Bad math joke for those not getting my pure geek joke.)

The glass is not half full
The glass is not half empty
The glass has twice the needed volume.

Sigh I know. Im a geek.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:25 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The glass is not half full
The glass is not half empty
The glass has twice the needed volume.

Sigh I know. Im a geek.
The optimist sees the glass as half full.
The pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
The realist . . . drinks it.

Anyway, if I'm reading this right, it's not an issue with the party bus, but rather the venue to which it was going. I have no idea if the woman was taken by surprise by this rejection or if she had counted on it as a way to boost the number of her followers. Given the extreme narcissism displayed by so many social-media personalities, I'm guessing the latter.

Many years ago, some friends of mine roped me into coming with them to some hip party spot. I've never been a partier, so I didn't want to go, but I didn't have enough self-confidence to say no back then. However, I've also never been one of the beautiful people, and this worked to my favor when I was denied entry. The bouncer said that my tennis shoes did not meet the dress code, but I didn't care what excuse he made up, I was just glad to get out of it. To my friends' credit, they left with me and we all went somewhere else.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:28 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
She saw a great opportunity to stir things up and create more publicity for her social media brand.

She saw the party bus details and how specific they were on appearance, but she went ahead anyways just to prove some point I guess ('body positivity'). Too bad for her body weight is not a protected class anyhow.

Anyways it's up to the business to run the company as they see fit, don't like it, go elsewhere.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...e-16379857.php
Great incentive to lose weight. Not sure how anyone could not utilize the lock downs and social distancing through the pandemic to lose weight and increase ones health.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:30 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
She saw a great opportunity to stir things up and create more publicity for her social media brand.

She saw the party bus details and how specific they were on appearance, but she went ahead anyways just to prove some point I guess ('body positivity'). Too bad for her body weight is not a protected class anyhow.

Anyways it's up to the business to run the company as they see fit, don't like it, go elsewhere.

Too bad for her, Lard is not a protected class, and it should never be. Discrimination based on weight is necessary in so many cases like balancing an airplane, suitability to be a firefighter, etc etc

Old 08-12-2021, 08:32 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
I don't think it was due to her size. Look at the pic near the bottom of the article. Some people just have no idea how to dress to make their bodies attractive. This lady needs some lessons on what not to wear.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:45 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,968,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Great incentive to lose weight. Not sure how anyone could not utilize the lock downs and social distancing through the pandemic to lose weight and increase ones health.
My husband and I both lost weight during the restrictions and we weren't overweight to begin with. All the extra meals out with friends and other types of get togethers were halted along with all those extra calories. I'm always surprised to hear that people gained weight during restrictions when our experience was just the opposite.

We ate almost all our meals at home and cooked with healthy ingredients. Walking and bike riding was never prohibited so no excuses for not getting outside and getting some exercise if your gyms were closed. Obesity has become practically main stream and it's such a sad reality, especially for younger people.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:57 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:

Yep, what better way for an "advocate" to get more followers on Social Media than to do something they know will result in a conflict. She knew the policy of the Party Bus...basically, if you are not a certain body type don't book with us because the club will not let you in.

What does she do? Does she call out the Party Bus on her Social Media? No that isn't dramatic enough. So she books the Party Bus anyways.

Quote:
"It was humiliating and embarrassing," the San Antonio woman tells MySA. "If this would've happened to somebody else, I probably would have gone off right then and there, but I was shocked and uncomfortable. You never think this is something that would happen to you."
She was shocked? She would never think something like that would happen to her? Gees...She knew the policy.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:58 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What's the social issue here? The bus company had a policy of not taking big girls because the club where they are going won't take big girls and they don't want to deal with refunds or issues. Itb just do happens that this girl is a big girl but looks like a plus size model do they let her in. This is really between her and the business, if you want to know more follow her on Tik tok,
It seems she got into the club the bus was supposed to bring them to. They just don't want fat people on the bus.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:11 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Dang, legitimize obesity, hating white people, riots, teaching children that white people are evil, burning down the local CVS. This country is going down the drain and the left is flushing the toilet…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies