Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 10:01 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
First off, not sure why we need 3 links to the same story. That's odd to say the least.
Probably because conservatives will label anything as fake news if it comes from one source that they don’t like.

Not a bad idea actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 10:01 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
If I found out my kids had serpent DNA I'd think it was cool as hell and try to get ahold of the X-Men academy.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:02 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
Only in California!

Old 08-12-2021, 10:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Trying to tie it to a particular political party and/or politician isn’t new either, however, the media and “normal” society giving that maneuver credence, on the other hand, is new.
Who is "trying?" to tie Qanon to conservative extremism?
I'm not trying to do anything, Qanon nutjobs tied themselves to Trump and the GOP on their own.

Most if not all Qanon followers believe the following:

"While QAnon encompasses a broad array of conspiracy theories, its followers generally believe that former President Donald Trump is fighting a deep-state of Satan-worshipping cannibals — including prominent Democrats and A-list celebrities — who are operating a child sex-trafficking ring"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...killings-qanon

Over 300 of the January 6th insurrection terrorists have direct ties to Qanon, to include the infamous "Qanon shaman.".

Qanon IS tied to far-right extremism, the two are intertwined. And sadly, many of the low-IQ, low information Qanon followers believe the lies and false information put out by Q.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:11 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Low IQ people (regardless of race/religion/skin tone/creed) should be prohibited from reproduction.

But they'll call me the (Black) Hitler for the suggestion

Nobody cared when the two children were born that the father was loopy, they were a blessing. Now they're a tragedy.

It seems Americans are only loved and respected during two events: Birth and Death.

Lots of crazy people are actually very intelligent.

I don't know about this one.

Could be a crazy dumb ass.

Old 08-12-2021, 10:54 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Probably because conservatives will label anything as fake news if it comes from one source that they don’t like.

Not a bad idea actually.
"Hey, they'll say NBC is biased....so I'll also link CNN and ABC too!"

Um....you don't see the flaw there?

Old 08-12-2021, 10:58 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
the real problem is the media that feeds his habit. They ALL blared the QAnon/Illuminati angle.

I mean, I never have known much about QAnon. This is the first I've heard they are/were teaching their devotees that people had snake/demon DNA.
The real problem is people reporting on what is happening, and not the fact that it IS happening or the people ACTUALLY saying and doing these things?

Just want to make sure I got that right.

Old 08-12-2021, 11:00 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Another example of how/why the far-right conservative extremist outlet Qanon is so dangerous.

A California man killed both of his children after a conspiracy theory pushed by Qanon convinced him that his wife had infected their children with "Serpent DNA."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/qanon-m...na-conspiracy/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...iracy-n1276611

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/12/u...en-mexico.html
I love the leap here!

A single nutcase does something and then its attributed to 74 million people

Thanks for standing on the graves of dead kids to try to score some silly political conspiracy theory points! Congrats!

There are about as many "Q" people in the country as "KKK" members, but the left is riveted by both and gin up story after story as if either is some national epidemic. HAHA!

Old 08-12-2021, 11:02 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Who is "trying?" to tie Qanon to conservative extremism?
I'm not trying to do anything, Qanon nutjobs tied themselves to Trump and the GOP on their own.

Most if not all Qanon followers believe the following:

"While QAnon encompasses a broad array of conspiracy theories, its followers generally believe that former President Donald Trump is fighting a deep-state of Satan-worshipping cannibals — including prominent Democrats and A-list celebrities — who are operating a child sex-trafficking ring"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...killings-qanon

Over 300 of the January 6th insurrection terrorists have direct ties to Qanon, to include the infamous "Qanon shaman.".

Qanon IS tied to far-right extremism, the two are intertwined. And sadly, many of the low-IQ, low information Qanon followers believe the lies and false information put out by Q.
You just chopped off the first 70% of that posters comments and left just enough to strawman what they wrote at the end into something entirely different.

Old 08-12-2021, 11:06 AM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
First off, not sure why we need 3 links to the same story. That's odd to say the least.

Second, your politics has taken you so far down the rabbit hole that you feel no shame trying to use the insanity of a father murdering his kids to either make yourself feel superior or whatever other sad motivation is at play. Now you can certainly find examples of Qanon types doing the same thing so if you want to use that as an excuse and that you're not at fault because you're just like them....well I'd accept half that argument.
Indeed, this poster (with a wildly false name) constantly starts anti-Trump/Republican/conservative/moderate threads on a regular basis.
Kooks come in all stripes and ideologies, yet partisan fanatics only see the faults with the other side.
I am sure that if they harmed themselves or others claiming it was due to Biden's or (D's) leftist influence, it would be dismissed or rationalized by the OP.
Yet let a kook seem right leaning, and it is an indictment of the entire ideological philosophy or any (R) they can try to pin it on.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies