Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 12:24 PM

5,737 posts, read 4,694,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
So voter suppression is now to be cheered ?
I'm all for voters being able to cast a vote. Just tired of these bias procedures .
Clearly if a republican is cheering it, it's bias.
Ok, I'll bite.

Proving who you are is somehow oppression?

Man, I have been oppressed a lot lately then. At the bank... at the airport... at the rental car counter... at the hotel... at my kid's school... at the Apple store... at the post office... at the liquor store... at the Verizon store... at the pharmacy... phew! I'm exhausted from all this oppression!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 12:34 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,875 times
If Republicans had a message that they could sell to the majority of voters, they wouldn't need to make it harder to vote in the first place. Since however, they are in panic mode that the country as a whole is becoming more liberal, they are desperately trying to hold onto any power they still have. This trick may work in the short term, but they might be surprised how much this will further dismantle the Republican party in the coming years, especially as the Boomer generation passes and younger, more liberal generations become the political majority.

In my state, we have a very successful mail in voting system that has peacefully been in place long before any of this was even up for debate.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:43 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Ballot harvesting. Check out Project Veritas. They have some really scary stuff that came out of TX last time.
Yup, harvesting and mail in ballots with scant verification of eligibility.

100% of Americans should be on board with voter verification including proper identification. Anyone who is not has malicious motivations.

And actually, the polls support this - 80% of ALL Americans are in favor of voter ID

The other 20% are effectively either traitors or blindly following their tribe leading them over the edge

Old 08-12-2021, 01:12 PM

3,077 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
In my state, we have a very successful mail in voting system that has peacefully been in place long before any of this was even up for debate.
And you know that it hasn't been/can't be manipulated because .....?

Old 08-12-2021, 01:22 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

Proving who you are is somehow oppression?

Man, I have been oppressed a lot lately then. At the bank... at the airport... at the rental car counter... at the hotel... at my kid's school... at the Apple store... at the post office... at the liquor store... at the Verizon store... at the pharmacy... phew! I'm exhausted from all this oppression!!!!
I'm having trouble figuring out what race you are. You're oppressed, so you must be black. (Because black people are constantly oppressed by White Supremacy, according to the Democrats.) But you have an ID, so you must not be black. (Because black people are too stupid to obtain IDs, according to the Democrats.)

Old 08-12-2021, 01:28 PM

766 posts, read 299,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The elections are conducted on a county by county basis. The Democrats control the election apparatus in the larger counties. In Texas, they violated the law pretty aggressively in some if not all of those locations. Since the Republicans cleaned the Democrats clocks statewide anyway, there has been no audit for cheating in these counties - but there probably should be.

In any case, the pending election integrity law is expected to go a long way towards making that sort of lawbreaking and cheating harder for the Dems in the future. Which of course is a good thing. Voting should be easy, and cheating hard. Which is what this bill is designed to accomplish. So of course the Democrats do not like that, for obvious reasons.
Sad. Cheating is rampant in Democratic counties in Texas, but nobody is willing to hold them accountable. The Republicans have nobody but themselves to blame for cheating at this point. I am sure if you just pass a few more laws it will stop lol.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:36 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
And you know that it hasn't been/can't be manipulated because .....?
Here is an interesting article, well worth the read. There are many security safeguards in place that ensure the integrity of the election.

I don't think anything can be considered fool proof per se, including in-person voting. Hanging chads in Florida circa 2000 anyone?

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/202...5f16fee70.html

Old 08-12-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
Can you share what voting infirmities this bill corrects?
That's is easiest of all, it solidifies voter confidence in the system. When half the country believes there has been cheating and the other half refuses to investigate, we don't have a democracy - we're basically on a path to civil war.

The United States has the weakest voter integrity laws in the world, we are a laughing stock compared to even Canada

Old 08-12-2021, 01:46 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That's is easiest of all, it solidifies voter confidence in the system. When half the country believes there has been cheating and the other half refuses to investigate, we don't have a democracy - we're basically on a path to civil war.

The United States has the weakest voter integrity laws in the world, we are a laughing stock compared to even Canada
Even Canada?

Old 08-12-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Even Canada?
Ontario for example requires you to have a voter ID card to cast a ballot. All the elections must allow a representative from each party to be present at the poling locations and counting rooms and they can raise objections for tier 2 inspection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies