Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2021, 10:52 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,025,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Australia also has scenes on American TV of Army posts outside the doors of Australian homes. The posts enforce, by arms, the lockdown rules imposed by the Australian government. Better, I guess, than the government welding shut the door to your home, as shown on TV from China.

Yes, your rights are not similar to the USA.
Well I not seen any Army post outside the doors in my area and don't know anyone who has army posted outside their house. Sure there are some areas that are locked down. It a mess.

But over all Australia is safer as I can still travel on public transport and feel totally safe; I can leave my car unlocked and would be highly surprised if it was stolen, I often leave my front door unlocked even when I go out. I can walk alone at night in the poorer areas of my city even in poorly lighted areas which I have done numerous times and not feel my life will be threatened. I don't think I will be able to do that if I lived in the USA.

One thing about Australia is the rules against coming to Australia undocumented are harsher and more often than not they are deported including their children. Both the two major political parties (Center left Labor party and Center right Liberal party) support this. The number of undocumented people are much smaller. It is not easy for someone to immigrate to Australia unless you are from New Zealand. And even if one wants to immigrate to Australia if you are not from New Zealand you mostly need to be skilled professional, just like Canada is doing with its immigration policy.

But with the USA becoming more diverse, it does not mean much to me. Yet the ones holding the huge share of the wealth and political power are of a certain demographic still dominates the USA.

Last edited by herenow1; 08-14-2021 at 11:07 PM..

Old 08-14-2021, 11:07 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
So you don't think that Asians who are the fastest growing group driving these changes are capable of doing just that?
Asians aren't really the fastest growing minority group in America though. Far more Hispanics are coming into the country.
Quote:
If you truly believe Asians are model minorities, you would support Asian/Indian immigration by all means since most of it is legal and involves professional/educated people.
Legal immigration of such people is fine, but only to the point that it doesn't displace Americans.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:28 PM

1,153 posts, read 630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Asians aren't really the fastest growing minority group in America though. Far more Hispanics are coming into the country.

Legal immigration of such people is fine, but only to the point that it doesn't displace Americans.
Mexico might be the largest group of immigrants across the board. But, as an entire region, there's a higher per capita of Asians from India, China, Philippines, and Vietnam than most Latin American countries. South Americans don't even immigrate to the U.S. that often compared to the past.

And I agree but U.S. born Asians are American, especially since most are products of legal immigration. If you think too many of a group of people isn't a benefit, it means you don't truly see them as model minorities or citizens because you'd embrace their population growth as I am.

There's literally zero consequence to the increase of legal Asian immigration by all objective measures.

https://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...f8393affb.html

Old 08-15-2021, 02:07 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Mexico might be the largest group of immigrants across the board. But, as an entire region, there's a higher per capita of Asians from India, China, Philippines, and Vietnam than most Latin American countries. South Americans don't even immigrate to the U.S. that often compared to the past.
You're right, my info was outdated. Total Asian immigration has been higher than Hispanic since 2008. In 2018, 37% of the total came from Asian countries and 31% from Hispanic ones, but I wonder if that has flipped around this year with the huge surge in migrants coming over the southern border and travel from Asia somewhat restricted.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-s-immigrants/

Old 08-15-2021, 03:09 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Japan. S Korea. Singapore. South Africa. Taiwan. The United States from 2009 to 2017. "Name a country that black and brown people run thats actually successful. If you want to have a successful country, then it has to be a white person running it."
South Africa is the furthest thing from successul.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:06 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times
Quote:
(snip)
There's literally zero consequence to the increase of legal Asian immigration by all objective measures.
I'll go you one better. I fully believe that there are significant positive consequences to an increase of legal Asian immigration by all objective measures.

They are, and this is NOT the case for all the other minority races that immigrate, a strong net positive to the USA.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:09 AM

2,400 posts, read 782,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
German-American here. I grew up on a farm. I think about my Dad and my Uncle’s farms (next door to each other) and I think about how efficient they were. Not a blade of grass uncut, not a weed among the crops. The buildings and fences painted to perfection. This is who they were and they expected the same from everyone else.

I’m sorry, I can’t see anyone else other than German or Norwegians or other Europeans doing that job up to their standards. I can’t see it.
Look at how Asians conduct their affairs, and you will be pleasantly surprised. This doesn't include Pacific Islanders, necessarily.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:56 AM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

And I agree but U.S. born Asians are American, especially since most are products of legal immigration. If you think too many of a group of people isn't a benefit, it means you don't truly see them as model minorities or citizens because you'd embrace their population growth as I am.

https://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...f8393affb.html
That goes against the principle of diversity though. When you allow in too many immigrants from one ethnic group that is unlike the identifying society of that country culturally and linguistically it results in a demographic change and balkinization instead of assimilation. Sure we want those who are educated and that will contribute to our society rather than take from it but the above still applies to.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:59 AM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
No I understand, youre just rambling at this point and sounds like you may feel safer in Finland. Yes illegals will end us all. We're all being diluted. I heard you the first time.
So I don't have a valid point? How so? How is that rambling? Why would I need to move to Finland just because I object to a demographic takeover by illegal aliens? You make no sense at all!

Old 08-15-2021, 06:06 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That goes against the principle of diversity though. When you allow in too many immigrants from one ethnic group that is unlike the identifying society of that country culturally and linguistically it results in a demographic change and balkinization instead of assimilation. Sure we want those who are educated and that will contribute to our society rather than take from it but the above still applies to.
There are multiple ethnic groups listed in his post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies