Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 11:07 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Toronto includes a lot of ethnic everyone.

Yes, white people in different countries in Europe are ethnically diverse. Is that a serious question?
Toronto has people from all over. Croatia, Vietnam, Jamaica, Portugal, Barbados, Italy, Kenya, South Korea, Ukraine, India, etc.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:07 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
The most diverse society in the world is in the city-state of Singapore, and it is at the top of all good social indicators... it is a society not only diverse in ethnicity, but also in religion... As for black societies, you are wrong too, countries like Botswana, Seychelles, Namibia are poor but extremely safe, with stable governments, no tribal wars and low violence.
Repped. Not sure if half of these posters actually realize that there are other diverse, stable nations out here.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Toronto has people from all over. Croatia, Vietnam, Jamaica, Portugal, Barbados, Italy, Kenya, South Korea, Ukraine, India, etc.
Exactly. You name the group, you likely can find them in Toronto.

In the U.S., there is so much emphasis on race that it takes away from the recognition of our ethnic diversity. I was blessed to grow up in the D.C. metropolitan area so there is was plenty ethnic diversity around me despite the racial undercurrent. But many other parts of the country don’t have the same environment at all.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:22 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Exactly. You name the group, you likely can find them in Toronto.

In the U.S., there is so much emphasis on race that it takes away from the recognition of our ethnic diversity. I was blessed to grow up in the D.C. metropolitan area so there is was plenty ethnic diversity around me despite the racial undercurrent.
Some of that ethnic variety can be found within the USA, but it doesn't always get recognized.

Texas is home to the oldest Polish settlement in the USA, Panna Maria. Alot of people don't even know it exists.
https://www.pannamariatexas.com/

By the way, there is a genre of music called Tejano. It blends the musical traditions of Mexico, Germany, and the Czech Republic (large numbers of Czechs and Germans immigrated to Texas during the 19th century).

Solvang, California, founded by Danish immigrants. It means "sunny field" in Danish. Many Danish moved there from the Midwest to get away from cold winters. There is a replica of The Little Mermaid statue in Solvang, similar to the one in Copenhagen.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:26 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Tucker hit the nail on the head the other night on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esiE...ture=emb_title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
1. I really could care less. It's bad form to compare someone to Adolph Hitler...simply because they dont share in your conspiracy. What a trashy, classless thing to do.

2. I'm not a "leftist", nor have I said anything in the 20 odd pages in this thread that implies that I'm taking joy in the "decline of the white race." Because there is no decline of the white race. The white race is simply losing a share of the whole pie. As the black race did. Oh no, we cant have all the pie to ourselves, its the end of the world!

3. Sorry but I wont be joining you in your tin foil hat bunker. I think the best thing for the US is for the hard left and hard right population to drop to 0%, and then the US will truly be a peaceful, successful place.

4. Get help.
I apologize for the comment.

I do believe the left's rhetoric is, though, very dangerous and hateful. Just look at the Facebook comments for a little while on the article after article on this top. They are quite disturbing.

With that said, I don't think there is room for moderates in America anymore. How many so-called "moderates" do you think voted for Biden - while Biden may have been moderate at one point, every single person he has put in his cabinet are radical far leftists.

Anyways...

Old 08-15-2021, 11:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Interesting thing - I didn't fill out the census. I am a white-male homeowner, and I live in a very liberal area and don't want this area to get another representative.

I wonder how many people there are like me who boycotted the census? I can't be the only white person who refused to fill it out.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:35 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Toronto includes a lot of ethnic everyone.
It's patently absurd to say that whites are as ethnically diverse as those of different races, comparatively.

Quote:
Yes, white people in different countries in Europe are ethnically diverse. Is that a serious question?
They're not all that different. A white German is more like a white Swede than like a Black Nigerian, for example.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some of that ethnic variety can be found within the USA, but it doesn't always get recognized.

Texas is home to the oldest Polish settlement in the USA, Panna Maria. Alot of people don't even know it exists.
https://www.pannamariatexas.com/

By the way, there is a genre of music called Tejano. It blends the musical traditions of Mexico, Germany, and the Czech Republic (large numbers of Czechs and Germans immigrated to Texas during the 19th century).

Solvang, California, founded by Danish immigrants. It means "sunny field" in Danish. Many Danish moved there from the Midwest to get away from cold winters. There is a replica of The Little Mermaid statue in Solvang, similar to the one in Copenhagen.
Exactly. There’s far more than is often recognized but again, too much emphasis on race. Yes, Texas has so much of that. Just looked up Panna Maria. Not surprised at its location. There’s also an older German settlement called New Braunfels that’s also closer to San Antonio. It still celebrates its German heritage and has various landmarks. Very nice town. If more emphasis was placed on our ethnic diversity, it would be for the better imho.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's patently absurd to say that whites are as ethnically diverse as those of different races, comparatively.

They're not all that different. A white German is more like a white Swede than like a Black Nigerian, for example.
Point out where I said anything of the sort. You’re obviously in an ethnic diversity competition - with yourself. The point is that Europe is ethnically diverse. If you’re going to act like there is little to no cultural difference between someone from Italy and someone from Norway, you’re just choosing to be ignorant.

No one is talking about Nigerians. Nigeria is not in Europe.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:45 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Point out where I said anything of the sort. You’re obviously in an ethnic diversity competition - with yourself. The point is that Europe is ethnically diverse. If you’re going to act like there is little to no cultural difference between someone from Italy and someone from Norway, you’re just choosing to be ignorant.

No one is talking about Nigerians. Nigeria is not in Europe.
Whoosh... That's the point going way over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies