Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 04:48 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
White people force sterilization on their little girls with birth control and make them wait until their late 30s to have children.
Yet it is blacks and Hispanics that have more abortions than whites do.

https://www.guttmacher.org/infograph...-and-ethnicity

Old 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I am sorry ONLY because of the major increase in Spanish speakers -- NOT because they came from Mexico or South America or wherever, but because so many of them behave like they don't want anything to do with the prevailing Anglo culture, even to the point of refusing to learn English. (Sorry if that makes me a bigot, but it is a pet peeve of mine.)

I moved to rural Wisconsin from metro Denver, and it is so nice to live somewhere that basic communication is never a problem!

Last edited by katharsis; 08-19-2021 at 08:09 AM..

Old 08-19-2021, 07:14 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
Here's a fact: Diversity is NOT a strength and should not be the goal. What we have IN COMMON is the strength. The way liberals have it now is they are concentrating on how we are different, dividing us into sub-groups, and celebrating the changing percentages within those groups.

You don't unify people by concentrating on what makes them different. You unify people by concentrating on what we SHARE that allows us to overcome those differences.

You don't build unity by happily declaring how we are "shrinking" the percentage of whites in this country (and doing so largely by importing non-English speaking, illegal alien Hispanics) as if the shifting demographic - i.e., diversity - somehow is a positive for this country in and of itself. It is NOT.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:59 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,530,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Here's a fact: Diversity is NOT a strength and should not be the goal. What we have IN COMMON is the strength. The way liberals have it now is they are concentrating on how we are different, dividing us into sub-groups, and celebrating the changing percentages within those groups.
Places with a homogeneous population(Japan, Iceland) have less civil strife when compared to a heterogeneous nation(Former Yugoslavia, Rwanda, Israel).

Quote:
A common explanation for the negative effect of ethnic diversity on economic performance is that more ethnically diverse societies suffer more serious internal conflicts. Barro (1991) shows that revolutions and coups have a strong negative effect on growth. The empirical association between ethnic diversity and armed conflict has been quite extensively investigated. Bleaney and Dimico (2011) presents evidence of a significant correlation, although Hegre and Sambanis (2006) conclude that ethnic diversity is robustly correlated only with the probability of small-scale conflict. 1 There is some evidence that ethnic diversity makes conflicts harder to stop (Collier et al., 2004; Fearon, 2004), rather than that it makes them more likely to start (Collier and Hoeffler, 1998, 2004; Collier et al., 2009; Fearon and Laitin, 2003). Kanbur et al. (2011) provides an in-depth survey of the relationship between ethnic diversity and ethnic strife.
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...BF49027C7E723B

Old 08-19-2021, 08:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
I can care less. Stop race baiting.

There have been major historical waves of immigration to the US since colonial times and huge resentments between European ethnic groups. Over time, those who voluntarily immigrated have fared better than those who had no choice.

Generally speaking, most European immigrants initially resettled in tenements in ethnic communities in urban areas.

My in-laws ( long gone) immigrated to the US from one of thousands of Displaced Persons encampment in Eastern Europe. When Canada and the US gave preference to families, there were mass marriages in the camps and people got busy creating babies.

People in these camps had lost everything including any for of ID. When Canada or the US gave preference to say Poles, the majority would claim to be Polish. Most immigrants were multilingual enough to pass.

They resettled in an ethnic neighborhood where life revolved around Churches. They rented a room in an apartment as did most immigrants. They worked and saved and never learned to understand or speak a world of English. They had their anchor baby and eventually became naturalized citizens.

They eventually achieved their own version of the American Dream and bought a 3 flat. They moved into the basement with dirt floors and rented above grade rooms to subsequent immigrants.

It boggles the mind that these immigrants managed to live their lives without assimilating.

Interestingly, they resented all non- Eastern European immigrants who came to the US for the same reasons, they did. Obviously some people’s self worth is based on feeling superior to others based on nothing more than race and/ or ethnicity and/ or religion.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 08-19-2021 at 08:26 AM..

Old 08-19-2021, 08:21 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
I’m not denying a trend of growing minority populations, but I am curious to know about the accuracy of the 2020 Census. Obviously the pandemic was in full swing, but I feel like (key word, “feel”) some people just decided not to participate this year, for a number of reasons. I never filled out my form and nobody ever came to my house.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:42 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Why does diversity have to be sold, promoted?
How strong/where is diversity when everyone melts into a similar hue of brown?

Old 08-19-2021, 10:49 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
It's White people's own fault. They're over-medicating and under-reproducing themselves into extinction.

They keep saying "don't breed 'em if you can't feed 'em" but... the people that don't follow that rule are gonna outnumber you ...and quick.
They breed 'em alright, but WE FEED 'EM.

Old 08-19-2021, 10:53 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
This again? Wasn't the same topic locked last week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies