Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 12:47 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

This white population shrinking seems to be of the Republican persuasion.

Quote:
The Census Bureau on Thursday issued its most detailed portrait yet of how the U.S. has changed over the past decade, releasing a trove of demographic data that will be used to redraw political maps across an increasingly diverse country.

The census figures have been eagerly awaited by states, and they are sure to set off an intense partisan battle over representation at a time of deep national division and fights over voting rights. The numbers could help determine control of the U.S. House in the 2022 elections and provide an electoral edge for the next decade. The data will also shape how $1.5 trillion in federal spending is distributed each year.

The figures show continued migration to the South and West and population losses in the Mississippi Delta, Appalachia and smaller counties that lost people to larger counties. The numbers also indicate that the white population is aging and has fallen to its smallest share of the total population on record, though there are some exceptions. The share of the white population actually grew in coastal communities in the Carolinas and Virginia, as well as in counties stretching through the midsections of Georgia and Alabama. The population under age 18 is increasingly diverse.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ce...Eps?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 08-12-2021, 12:57 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
The social and demographic changes are inevitable. We have to approach those with a hard time accepting our nation’s racial and cultural evolution with sympathy, but we must also be firm in educating them and in ushering them to a better and more equitable future for all of us.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
And? We're a nation of immigrants. I know yall are scared about not being the majority anymore, but so what? Arent we the land of equal opportunity? Or are all of you afraid that once we arent the majority they will treat us like we do them?

Old 08-12-2021, 01:01 PM

1,567 posts, read 906,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Or are all of you afraid that once we arent the majority they will treat us like we do them?
You mean kiss our asses and worship every little mediocre thing we do; give us special preferences in hiring, education, and excusing all of our shortcomings and aggressive behaviors? This is going to be amazing!

Old 08-12-2021, 01:02 PM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Since a majority of white people in power are white liberals, I welcome their demographic shrinking

Old 08-12-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
You mean kiss our asses and worship every little mediocre thing we do; give us special preferences in hiring, education, and excusing all of our shortcomings and aggressive behaviors? This is going to be a amazing!
My stepfather never got any of that. He did get harassed by the cops regularly though. So...special attention? Yeah, sounds fun right?

Old 08-12-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
My stepfather never got any of that. He did get harassed by the cops regularly though. So...special attention? Yeah, sounds fun right?
Poor poor dear, that man. They held him to the standards of the current civilization we are attempting to maintain. What a horrible bunch we are.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Poor poor dear, that man. They held him to the standards of the current civilization we are attempting to maintain. What a horrible bunch we are.
They would pull him over, and then sit there behind him while they did paperwork with their lights on....then turn them off and drive off. If he drives off they arrest him. This happened to him regularly. But sure, believe your nonsense.

I have never EVER in my entire life had a cop do that to me. But it happened to my step father regularly.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
They would pull him over, and then sit there behind him while they did paperwork with their lights on....then turn them off and drive off. If he drives off they arrest him. This happened to him regularly. But sure, believe your nonsense.

I have never EVER in my entire life had a cop do that to me. But it happened to my step father regularly.
Jeez man. You must live a sheltered life. That is how they do it to everyone. They sit there behind you doing all the paper work and writing the ticket while scrutinizing you. That's what they DO. Then you wait like an idiot until they come over with your moving violation and you say "yes, sir, officer sir."

Old 08-12-2021, 01:15 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
This white population shrinking seems to be of the Republican persuasion.
I think there maybe a reason Republicans dont care about climate change and extreme droughts....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies