Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 01:37 PM

3,276 posts, read 1,415,606 times

Advertisements

I’m a pretty hardcore supporter for vaccine and mask mandates, and for taking other necessary actions (e.g. limiting the size if indoor gatherings) to slow/stop the pandemic. I don’t have much regard for anybody who takes contrary views. However, I have even less regard for those who preach about vaccines, wearing masks, socially distancing, and then go out and do the contrary. Obama is a public figure and his behaviors influence the public….in both a good/bad way. He can use his position to encourage vaccinations, mask wearing, etc. and he can harden people’s behavior against all those things when he goes out and does something that is or appears to be inconsistent with his pro-mask/vaccination talking points. I am dumbfounded that a guy who is as politically savvy as Obama would have an in-person extravaganza right now. It definitely comes across as do as I say, not as I do. I think the anti-vaxers/maskers types have a legitimate point. Bonehead move by the ex-Pres.

Last edited by WVNomad; 08-12-2021 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 01:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I heard they are moving the Sturgis Rally to Martha's Vineyard for Obama's Birthday next year since the Virus does not infect people there.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:39 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I heard they are moving the Sturgis Rally to Martha's Vineyard for Obama's Birthday next year since the Virus does not infect people there.

HA!!!!

They should never allow such riff raff on Martha's Vineyard! *sarc*

Old 08-12-2021, 01:43 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
What event a private citizen does on his own property and what private citizens choose to attend such an event and accept the risks involved, is up to them.
]
I agree with you. But I also remember people being told that they can't get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas and they can't visit Grandma in the Old Folks Home and if they dare invite another family to their house, they'd better sit outside, six feet apart, wearing masks. Why didn't "they" grant the rights of private citizens to gather together when those citizens weren't named Barack Obama?

Old 08-12-2021, 01:53 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
1) Does Obama want people to DIE?
His answer will range from "absolutely not" to "meh, I don't really care," in direct proportion to how much money or other support the person in question gave him.

Quote:
2) Should he be held to the same standard as the rest of us plebes?
Sorry, I couldn't answer until I picked myself up off the floor, having fallen there because I was laughing so hard. No, His Imperial Majesty is certainly not to be held to the same standards as the common herd.

Quote:
Does this change your perspective at all on the whole lock down social distancing stuff?
My perspective was changed during the summer of 2020 when thousands of people gathered together to honor the memory of George Floyd by ceremonially looting stores and assaulting random white people, and the public health officials said that they wouldn't get COVID because Systemic Racism is a public health crisis, and therefore must be protested against, and the virus knew better than attack anyone whose cause was so righteous.

Quote:
Because the guy who preaches this, sure doesn't practice it. Nor do most of his fellow elites on the Left.
Rules for thee, not for me. It has always been thus, with the hypocritical left. The only difference is that they're not even bothering to try and hide it anymore.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:54 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Wait, what? His birthday party was on the 8th, but it caused a massive jump in cases starting a week earlier? Nice trick that one. Doesn't it take a week for symptoms to show? This smells funny... like a cow pasture.
I am far from a President Obama fan but I thought the same thing.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:57 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That's a slanted article, nasty nicknames and all.
Translation:

"I don't know how to read the news."

Speaking of news, I have a Newsflash for you. If you think there's an outlet out there which doesn't have a slant, especially but not solely in the time we're in right now, then you believe lies. It's as simple as that. You have to be equally critical of EVERYTHING YOU SEE OR READ when it comes to digesting information we refer to as "news." If you're not doing that, you're a sucker. Guaranteed.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:01 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I bet they were mostly vaccinated people.
Kind of like the American population, but does that stop liberals from whining about the unvaccinated? No.

I bet vaccinated people can still get, spread, and die from the virus.

The vaccine is still non-FDA approved.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:08 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Is the op as upset over super spreaders like the Strugis motorcycle gathering or music concerts with thousands of people? Doubtful

Old 08-12-2021, 02:20 PM

15,837 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
Nice try, people started gathering there prior to a week ago. Then the Party was three days.
Still not three weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies