Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 11:53 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Buckle up folks, boy have I got some fun information....

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54487154

So....11 people is a super spreader event....but 203 is not.
And yet, to date, Fauci still refuses to comment on the crisis on the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 11:54 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The mayor has multiple cards depending upon whom is criticizing her.....race, gender, orientation....to disagree with her is a fun exercise in wonder over what sort of bigot you'll be labeled.

Oh I agree it's definitely fun! It's even more fun to watch her head and hands start shaking as she tries to compose herself from not going off the rails. It's pretty obvious she's a mental case. That nasty email she sent out to her entire staff about needing "me time." was proof of that.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:57 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,827 times
I love how angry people are in this thread that a massive outbreak DID NOT stem from an event that required proof of vaccination/a negative COVID test.

Oh well. People better start getting used to it-- FDA approval is on the way, employer mandates are well underway, and vaccination rates continue to tick upwards.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:57 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Again, this mayor is in a no win situation.

If she cancelled, people would be pissed.

If she allowed it to proceed, people would be pissed.

Outrage is the national sport in the US.

Oh please! Spare me that garbage! Lori "Lightweight" Lightfoot shouldn't even be the mayor of Chicago period! She pays the race card and is allowing citizens to die on her watch. But every time she's pressed, it's all the cops and the evil white mans fault for EVERYTHING! Oh, and because she's a woman.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:35 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, you took my initial quote out of context by using only part of my statement. They knew this event would attract people who aren't high on the 'vaccinated' list yet they had no concern about that. But wait until the holidays and I'm guessing we'll be told we have to limit our gatherings again.

They said they required proof of vaccine or test but didn't do that for everyone. In addition, it's already been posted that they were selling fake cards outside. And honestly, I don't trust the numbers they're touting.

I don't know much about this but contact tracers (that's what they're called) have to contact people who had tested positive for Covid and get the names and numbers of people they'd been with prior to having symptoms. Then they contact those people to tell them to be tested, quarantine, etc. and ask who they had been with. It's to mitigate exposing more people to the infection. Not a new job, but an expanded one with pandemics. If you or someone you know has had Covid and nobody was contacted, the county or city may not have hired contact tracers.
Our local school district hired a company to give free tests for anyone who was a teacher or student at one of the schools in the district at no charge. My son’s friend actually went to get tested every two weeks because she had elderly relatives living with them, and she also did virtual learning instead of in person learning. Testing and the option of virtual learning if they chose were two of the things the school district did because of Covid in the 2020-2021 school year.

Just before the Christmas break and while my son was out of school because he was exempt for finals he had severe headaches and when I did a temperature check he had a low grade fever of 99 degrees F. I made him get a Covid test at the district’s testing facility. A nurse told us he tested positive and said we needed to come back after so many days to get re-tested and cleared before he could go back to school, and that I would need to get tested elsewhere since I wasn’t a student. (I never got it and I got a rapid and PCR test the same day, and then both types of tests again to return to work).

No one asked any questions about who my son was in contact with nor did they let the school know of the positive test result. It was self reporting and that process was so annoying that I hung up and never reported the positive result to the school since they were on Christmas break anyway. No one ever did contact tracing from the state, county or school district.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:37 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
I am also hearing friends saying a lot of kids got sick but are testing negative. Not sure what's up with that.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:38 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Oh please! Spare me that garbage! Lori "Lightweight" Lightfoot shouldn't even be the mayor of Chicago period! She pays the race card and is allowing citizens to die on her watch. But every time she's pressed, it's all the cops and the evil white mans fault for EVERYTHING! Oh, and because she's a woman.
Are you sure about that? Looks more like Beetlejuice than any woman I can think of.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:42 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am also hearing friends saying a lot of kids got sick but are testing negative. Not sure what's up with that.
There was a reddit thread that had SO MANY people reporting covid positive tests after Lollapalooza.

Lots on twitter as well.

No way was there only a couple hundred cases.

BUT, imho ... the lack of serious illness springing from it has much more to do with the average age of the attendee than vaccination status.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:42 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I love how angry people are in this thread that a massive outbreak DID NOT stem from an event that required proof of vaccination/a negative COVID test.

Oh well. People better start getting used to it-- FDA approval is on the way, employer mandates are well underway, and vaccination rates continue to tick upwards.
No one is angry except at the double standard, which if you stopped to think about it you should be angry too. How can anyone take this seriously if the rules aren’t applied to everyone equally?

Old 08-13-2021, 02:02 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No one is angry except at the double standard, which if you stopped to think about it you should be angry too. How can anyone take this seriously if the rules aren’t applied to everyone equally?
What "double standard"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies