Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 10:15 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Looks like he was a licensed gun owner (yes, they have those) who had gone off the rails and from what I'm reading had got into the so called 'incel' movement. This was the UK's biggest mass shooting in terms of victims since 2010, wouldn't even be the biggest one in the US this year.
Quote:
Davison’s Facebook likes suggest he was obsessed with conservative U.S. politics. He followed the pages of Trump, all of his children, and several Trump businesses, as well as pages for the NRA, Fox News, Breitbart, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and one called “Ted Nugent for President.” In one comment, he said it was his dream to move to the States.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/jake-d...porting-virgin

Where the eff do these come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 10:19 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
I'd bet the people in the UK that he gunned down would have liked to legally have been able to defend themselves.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:21 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I'd bet the people in the UK that he gunned down would have liked to legally have been able to defend themselves.
It was their worst mass shooting in a decade, it wouldn't even register as a big deal in the US. I think people in the UK are grateful they have gun laws that prevent things like this from happening as often as they do in the US, honestly.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:24 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,020 times
Media will begin milking this in 3...2...1.....

Old 08-13-2021, 10:27 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Media will begin milking this in 3...2...1.....
The OP beat them to it.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:35 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
It was their worst mass shooting in a decade, it wouldn't even register as a big deal in the US. I think people in the UK are grateful they have gun laws that prevent things like this from happening as often as they do in the US, honestly.
Yes, I'm sure these dead people and their families are grateful for that.

I'm sure the countless other people who are murdered by knives, or women who are raped or assaulted there are grateful they aren't allowed to defend themselves.

Good point.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Ahhh yes another "mainstream media" conspiracy theory.

Let's just disregard the fact that it's been picked up by Reuters, AP, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, Yahoo, and so on and so on.

Just a thought, but maybe Google your subject before posting inaccurate information?
I was making this point yesterday. They say these things, people accept them, and repeat the lie.

Almost anytime you hear a neocon saying that the media won't report this, all you have to do is google it to find out they have reported it.

It's just lies. They use fake-news as their source to discredit credible news. There really is very little hope.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:44 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You're a little crazy. Nobody mentioned "conspiracy theories" except for you.
*ahem* See your own post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You won't hear about this one on the news, though. It won't be paraded around by the anti-gun crowd as they call for more laws. It'll be kept very quiet in this country, because this happened in the gun-free utopia of the United Kingdom, where gun control is strict and effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What we have not been hearing much of is the collapse of Afghanistan and how fast the Taliban is taking the country back.
That's been all over the news, too.

Y'all need to pay better attention.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:46 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Ahhh yes another "mainstream media" conspiracy theory.

Let's just disregard the fact that it's been picked up by Reuters, AP, CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, Yahoo, and so on and so on.

Just a thought, but maybe Google your subject before posting inaccurate information?
Yes, because "who covered it" is certainly more important than who was killed, how many injured, how many terrified, and the effectiveness of England's "gun control" laws.

At least this liberal thinks it is.

Or maybe he just wants to avoid discussing those other small details.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:48 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yes, I'm sure these dead people and their families are grateful for that.

I'm sure the countless other people who are murdered by knives, or women who are raped or assaulted there are grateful they aren't allowed to defend themselves.

Good point.
I apologize for the confusion, obviously it is a tragedy. All I was saying is it would be worse if the crimes you just described involved guns as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies