Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 04:40 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,568,330 times

Advertisements

I did after the 2nd shot for 18hrs I was felling the worst and the worst night of sleep in years this was back at the end of April
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 05:03 PM

30,134 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Not directly. We were pretty careful. But I know a couple second hand from family and friends; one has severe long-haul symptoms and the other died.

From the vaccine or from covid?

Old 08-13-2021, 05:06 PM

30,134 posts, read 11,759,905 times
I know of no one who had serious side effects from the vaccine. And I know lots of people who got it including myself.

I got covid and was quick sick ended up in the ER. I know several people who died from it and lots who got sick like me.

For me, a pretty clear choice.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:30 PM

11,016 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Immediately after my first shot I experienced the common effects, mild tenderness at the shot sight, mild dizziness and mild body aches. Just for a few days and then I was fine again.

And then it started. Malaise, light headedness, brain fog and mild headache, weakness and achiness in my shoulders and upper arms. Six weeks later I am still not fit for work. I have good days and not so good days. Like today. I even had a bit of migraine. Not pain, just a funny feeling in the face and head and missing patches in my vision, making typing and reading a little difficult.

But to be fair, I have had these symptoms before. Todays, 'migraine' was mild compared to other times when I've had flashing chevron patterns surrounding a blanked out area of central vision. Both eyes. It does seem as though the vax triggered this though but I can't say. The fact that others have reported brain fog, dizziness and headache would tend to support my case being triggered by the vax.

So at this point, I am undecided about getting the second dose. I'll be seeing my doctor in a few days.

As far as others around me, my ladies sisters friend's sister died after getting the jab. Did she die of the jab though? We don't know the details. Then again, to keep things in perspective, several members of my extended family have died of covid and two that I know of hospitalized, one of whom was very sick in ICU for over a month. Other family members just had it mildly.

Thanks for the heads up, Oklazona. That helps me in making my decision.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:30 PM

2,335 posts, read 814,275 times
Yes

Old 08-13-2021, 05:52 PM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Several of my co-workers took a few day to up to a week off after their second shot and said it was very rough on them.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:04 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,204,196 times
I felt pretty crappy for about 18 hours after my 2nd Moderna shot. No symptoms after the first. I remember years previously (1986) I got a typhoid vaccine that was way worse. But no long lasting effects after that. I doen't know anyone personally that has had any serious effects from the vaccine or anything more than what I experienced. I weigh that against the person in my family that died of COVID, a number of people that are once removed from me (eg., a colleague's grandfather, etc.) who died of COVID and a friend who is a long-hauler.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:06 PM

10,439 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I have a lot of food allergies which makes me nervous to have the vaccine. I also had Covid and I’ve heard you get more sick if you have the vaccine then if you didn’t have Covid. I have felt sick from other vaccines like tetanus so I can only imagine this one would be worse.
Yes, I know several people who have gotten sick now after the vaccine.

A White man who is 60, a Cuban woman 55, a Black woman 35, two White women about 25, and two White younger males about 19/22.

I also know another co-worker who is Vietnamese and his two sons have gotten very sick from the vaccine while he and his wife are just fine. All of these people started having rashes in their groin areas and the first man I mentioned had to go to the hospital for kidney failure.

So I would just make sure you get a check up on your kidneys before getting the vaccine.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:08 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
My mother became loaded w blood clots and went on a ventilator...stabilized for a little while and now shes back on it again.

No one really cares & label people stupid & SELFISH or start talking stats...until its your once formally healthy mother. Then again, the hard core, insane activists probably dont care about their family either as long as they get the jab. No matter the cost.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:11 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,570,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I have a lot of food allergies which makes me nervous to have the vaccine. I also had Covid and I’ve heard you get more sick if you have the vaccine then if you didn’t have Covid. I have felt sick from other vaccines like tetanus so I can only imagine this one would be worse.
I did OK. I know one person that experienced dramatic swelling of his knees after the second dose, but it lasted less than a day before he was back to normal. Another person had a low-grade fever. Others I know had only mild side effects, or none at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies