Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 06:14 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you have had Covid you are more protected than those that have gotten both shots of vaccine. You have the natural antibodies to protect you.
Maybe, maybe not. Here's an article from Healthline:

Can You Get Delta Variant If You Already Had COVID-19?

Quote:
"...But those who previously had COVID-19 may wonder how strongly they are protected from acquiring the delta variant.
Immunity after a previous infection does, in many cases, protect people from reinfection. And when it does occur, the illness tends to be mild.
But immunity varies significantly from person to person, so while many people mount a strong, durable immune response that protects them against delta after a previous infection, some may generate a weak immune response and remain at risk.
Due to the unknowns, some experts are advising people who have had COVID-19 to get at least one vaccine dose to boost their antibody levels.
Others, however, are recommending people who’ve had COVID-19 to get fully vaccinated, either with two doses of a messenger RNA (mRNA) shot or the one dose of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 08:23 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,699,999 times
I got the flu-like symptoms for about 24 hours after the second moderna shot, but that was it. Our whole district was vaccinated at the same time, and no one had serious reactions, just the flu symptoms.

My sister is fully vaccinated, and she came down with COVID last week. She is sick at home, which is good. What she is describing is exactly how I felt after the second jab. I can't imagine what that must be like to feel that way for a whole week, at least.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:38 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
I got the first shot, had full body muscle cramps for 2 days. The second shot, and my shoulder hasn't stopped hurting since. I had tendonitis in that shoulder, but except for occasional flair ups, it was no big deal. Now my shoulder hurts to the point of keeping me awake at night, and some days it is nearly impossible to put on a shirt.

No, I haven't had the bat soup flu, but it's really damaged my quality of life for the last 5 months.

I wouldn't have taken the shot, but I needed it to visit my father in the nursing home.

The vaccine sucks in my opinion.

Old 08-13-2021, 08:39 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I have a lot of food allergies which makes me nervous to have the vaccine. I also had Covid and I’ve heard you get more sick if you have the vaccine then if you didn’t have Covid. I have felt sick from other vaccines like tetanus so I can only imagine this one would be worse.
I know many that have become sick from it which is one of many reasons I will never get them!

Old 08-13-2021, 08:46 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
My cousin has shellfish allergies and she had no problem with the vaccine other than the mild flu like symptoms many describe.

Same for my husband who is allergic to the contrast dye they give you for MRI's.

If I were concerned about allergies, I would get my shot in a hospital if possible.

Talk to your doctor and see what he/she says.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:22 PM

1,601 posts, read 867,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
You might look into the J&J vaccine. It's only one shot and I've heard a lot of folks feel worse after the second shot of the mRNA vaccines. I had a slight fever about 12 hours after the J&J vaccine, but it didn't last very long.

I had what they call a "robust immune response" to the J&J which put me in bed for about half a day, no fever though. Since most of the people I know who had significant reactions to the vaccine had already had Covid, it just reinforced my belief that Covid was here before it made the news and that I had it just before Thanksgiving 2019. Took my sense of taste and smell away for 10 days, and took a month to fully get back to normal. It then proceeded to rip through my office in the two weeks after Thanksgiving, but everyone had negative flu tests.

I've got a colleague that missed 3 days of "work from home" and landed in bed with 101 degree fever from the Pfizer. He'd previously had a moderate case of lab confirmed Covid.

Very good article on how we're going to have to suck it up and learn to live with the Covid:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/0...on-from-covid/

Old 08-13-2021, 09:35 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Pfizer for both shots. Zero side effects. Some people I know felt tired for a couple days after their first or second jab, and one had a low-grade fever after the second. My work puts me in direct contact with a lot of people from a broad swathe of society and I don’t know anyone, directly or indirectly, who has had any serious reaction to the vaccine (it’s pretty much all Pfizer and Moderna where I am.) I do know some people who have been very sick with COVID, however. I personally know three long-haulers, a few who were hospitalized and a few indirectly who died during the third wave when the British variant was really kicking our butts. One was a healthy woman in her 40’s. However, she does not live in a country known for it’s medical care, so she may well have survived it had she been lucky enough to live somewhere that does have good care.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:43 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I had some food allergies when I was younger, I have outgrown them. After first shot of Pfizer nothing except a really sore arm that lasted for one day. After the second shot, I was waiting for a reaction especially after all the talk. Pretty big nothing burger. Spouse had Moderna, no reaction first shot. Flu like symptoms after second shot, totally gone the next day. Rest of family had Pfizer, no reactions.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:47 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
I'm backwards in the I was a little sick after the first phizer shot which made me think the second would be bad since most people have worse side effects on the second shot, but I felt great after the second one.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
My best friend’s aunt lost her sight in one eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies