Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 07:45 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well I guess the fallout for this father will be charges against him. And it's pretty pathetic that he is teaching his child that violence is ok if you don't agree with the rules. Way to go dad.
I’d take the charges if it was my kid. Ain’t gonna put up with adults bullying my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 07:50 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I feel bad for the child be raised by someone like this. It is just a MASK.
It it’s just a mask the teachers and administrators need to keep them on all the time. Even in the break room, bathroom or the broom closet. Otherwise they are nothing but hypocrites. We don’t need hypocrites teaching our children.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
I’d take the charges if it was my kid. Ain’t gonna put up with adults bullying my children.
You would take the charges of assault, and being barred from your child's school, in a failed attempt to get your child to not have to wear a paper mask?

Maybe you didn't read the story. His assault on a teacher won't win him the goal of having his child not wear a paper mask. It's policy. No one was "bullying" his child.

BTW, they also won't allow that child to enter the school without shoes. How's that for "bullying"?

Old 08-14-2021, 08:18 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
That is your opinion. Maybe someone else does not want their child around your child without a mask. That is THEIR RIGHT!
They have a right to be ignorant, but no right to demand others follow them.

Those that are educated on the matter, understand three basic facts

1) it’s now well established that children are in no jeopardy for serious outcomes from Covid.

2) masks are harmful physically and psychologically .... they restrict oxygen, and collect harmful pathogens, cause dermatitis issues, and affect the child’s emotional wellbeing.

3) Masks do absolutely nothing to block viruses .... to believe they do, is akin to believing you can block mosquitoes with a chain link fence.

In truth, forcing children to wear useless masks who are in no real danger from Covid in the first place is child abuse. No different than if some whack job parent were to force his kid to wear a football helmet 24/7 to protect him from meteors, hail, and falling coconuts. That’s how ridiculous it is.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:22 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Here we go. It's going to get worse. People are sick of complying to illegal mandates and made up powers. This guy snapped, and I'm betting there is going to be a lot more of this in the future. And I'll bet it's going to be more that fisticuffs or worse.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...l-fight-masks/
It's pretty pathetic that these adults are having meltdowns and hissy fits because of something so simple as wearing a mask. What an example he is to his children. It's called being a baby. These days some children act more like adults than their parents because most of them don't complain about masks. It's their crazy parents who are.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:28 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
This guy has no control over his emotions, and physically attacks an innocent school teacher, and you excuse him because he was “pushed to the brink”? I suppose Charles Manson and Osama Bin Laden were pushed to the brink also? Talk about blame the victim!

Old 08-14-2021, 08:34 PM

57,277 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Bullying just your kids, do you get to decide school policy whenever you pleas and beat up a teacher to get your way. Great parenting, that should be a great life lesson for your child. Don’t like the policy then beat them up.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Surely you realize that this line of reasoning could be used for any government transfer-payment program. SNAP? Why should I pay for you to eat? Section 8? Why should I pay for you to have a place to live? And so on. You're already paying for my child to be indoctrinated, one way or another. I would just prefer to have more of a say in what kind of indoctrination he receives.
Parents who don't like the school system should just homeschool instead of complaining.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:00 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Parents who don't like the school system should just homeschool instead of complaining.
Or, they could do what I do, and send one of my kids to private school. (The public school works for our other child.) But whether we send our kids to private school or homeschool them, we're still paying for their space in the public school, whether we use it or not. I understand that childless people complain about this too, but they're only being charged one (for their nonexistent child in the public school). We're being charged twice.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Or, they could do what I do, and send one of my kids to private school. (The public school works for our other child.) But whether we send our kids to private school or homeschool them, we're still paying for their space in the public school, whether we use it or not. I understand that childless people complain about this too, but they're only being charged one (for their nonexistent child in the public school). We're being charged twice.
We should all invest in the education of our kids because they are the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies