Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 09:18 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's why the mRNA vaccines are different. They don't contain the virus, or it's toxins or it's surface proteins. The vaccine contains mRNA, which will in turn allow expression of the viral spike protein in human immune cells, which recognize this protein as foreign and produce antibodies against it.

The make-up of this vaccine is novel but the end result is the same as any other vaccine.
Theoretically. In reality, we aren’t seeing the same end result as “any other vaccine.”

Old 08-15-2021, 09:32 AM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Until God speaks for himself and not corrupt men, Replublicians will continue trying to legislate their fake morality, self interests and hypocrisy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...?ocid=msedgntp

I'm vaccinated. I wear a mask per local mandates. I am very out-spoken regarding anti-maskers (I think they're being ridiculous). In other words, I do not side with Republicans on this topic. However, to call people who won't get vaccinated immoral is a stretch. We don't know the long term side effects yet and it was rushed into usage. Any reasonable person would be skeptical. It has nothing to do with morality. I, personally, decided getting vaccinated was worth the risk when weighed against the potential benefits to me and society in general. I fully understand why some people feel differently and support their decision.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:33 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So now it's immoral to refuse to take an untested vaccine?
I would say at this point its very well tested. Its called field testing. But those lovers of BIG GOVERNMENT need FDA stamp of approval I guess.... They need mommy to hold their hand and promise them it will be alright

Seriously its not its effectiveness in question, MILLIONS of people have gotten the shot(s), everybody knows exactly its effectiveness and usual side effects, the official stamp of approval is a long drawn out bureaucratic thing involving such qualifiers as production capacity, etc. Nothing to do with safety or effectiveness.

But hey keep the lies and denial coming. Frankly I could care less if some righty tighties want to win the Darwin Award, except for one thing, the unvaccinated are the ones letting new strains develop, it takes the clueless person to allow the virus to breed and likely mutate. Its the refuseniks that are extending the pandemic and probably forcing the rest of us to eventually get a booster shot for some new more even more potent strain.

Those worried about the economy over everything else should be first in line, but they arent.... Maybe they have stock in funeral homes or something?

Old 08-15-2021, 09:35 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,279 times
Quote:
Until God speaks for himself and not corrupt men, Replublicians will continue trying to legislate their fake morality, self interests and hypocrisy.

You are a “True Believer.”

Old 08-15-2021, 09:39 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
People, see life as it is. Believing in God has nothing to do with one's integrity.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:32 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What's getting muddy in the water is the dynamic between ethics/morals and freedom.

Vaccine - left says morals... right says freedom

Marriage - left says freedom... right says morals

Abortion - left says freedom... right says morals

Whenever the left makes a moral argument, it's fake because in general they don't care about morality.

For me, if God speaks on the issue, it's morals. Otherwise it's freedom in most cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I am not a religious person. Just curious. When did you last hear God speak on an issue?
Yesterday listening to a message and the topic of drinking wine came up - and the point was made that drinking wine is OK... getting drunk is not OK. Verses mentioned...

1 Timothy 5:23 - No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

Ephesians 5:18 - And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

In other words, there is freedom to drink wine...it becomes a moral issue when the line is crossed to drunkenness and addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
If policy is dictated based on "God speaking", that would be known as theocracy. That is not compatible with a constitutional republic that respects a multitude of differing religious beliefs.
No. If people are running things in accordance with the rules in place, then that's what matters. It doesn't matter the source of the rules. Ultimately the people will decide who they want to represent them - and whether or not they are godly or not.

So not a theocracy. You can follow the precepts of God without it being a theocracy.

I don't know - maybe we need a theocracy. We aren't actually heading in a good direction right now... sin, divisiveness, plagues, inflation are running rampant right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
There can be no "moral" action when it comes to politics. Because everyone's morals are different. Our nation is founded on freedom of, and from, religion.

So I agree - the vaccine issue is not about morals. It's about everyone doing their part for the country. I consider anti-vaxxers to be stupid and unpatriotic, but not immoral.

I think there are good arguments to be made against abortion that aren't tied to one's religion or moral code. Same-sex marriage for me is a no-brainer, since there is no compelling argument against it other than a religious one.
God is the moral standard. People can believe their own moral code. In the end, it will have an effect on ourselves and others - and those effects are based on God's standards of morals.

Vaccine issue is one of trust. Vaccine issue did not happen in a vacuum - because is part of a domino effect years in the making. Why are we even dealing with COVID in the first place?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-15-2021 at 11:00 AM..

Old 08-15-2021, 10:46 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Remove the "Replublicians" from that sentence and you are spot on. (And no, I am not a Replublician.)

Old 08-15-2021, 11:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Why do so many simpletons still believe that Republican = Christian?

Live in the now!
My guess is that around 90% of our church are Democrats... Christians who are black.

Other than that - I would think the majority of non-blacks that are Christian are Republican moreso than Democrats.

I also think it's an indicator of how anti-God some liberals are - and they really can't move Christians off of their position. So it is their interest to make God scary and prevent people from following Christ.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:19 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
“If you could reason with a Democrat, there wouldn’t be any Democrats.” ~Clint Eastwood

Old 08-15-2021, 11:21 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:

It is wrong for either side to use a sky fairy to decide morality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies