Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 07:41 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I’m not saying the hospital doesn’t have the right to fire them. I’m saying it’s stupid and if the reasoning behind it is supposedly to protect patients, then that’s a false premise given that the vaccinated can get and spread Covid.
The vaccines block at least 50% of infections and 90% of hospitalizations. It is utterly absurd to deny the importance of having a more highly vaccinated population.

If nurses are refusing the vaccine, they are setting a really bad example for the public in addition to creating an elevated danger to their own patients. The Hippocratic Oath says that you should "first, do no harm".

Old 08-15-2021, 07:43 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Very good point.

Back when the pandemic started, not one resident of a nursing home had the corona virus. The first thing the homes did was bar visitation from the home and issue masks to employees.
Within weeks the nursing homes were infested with corona virus. Where did it come from????? The unvaccinated staff. Yes I know there was no vaccinations then. But the point stands.
Unvaccinated staff can infest an entire medical establishment with a virus that kills. Even wearing masks. People aren't perfect 100% of the time.
Now all nursing homes vaccinate the residents and staff must be vaccinated or get a clean test weekly to keep their job. Infection rates in nursing homes are near zero.

They were putting freezer trucks outside some nursing homes because the morgues were full and couldn't take any more bodies.

Does anybody remember?
It's been reported the elderly are in danger from Delta, so what difference does it make if the staff is vaccinated or not, the vaccinated are carrying Delta, and with no symptoms or mild symptoms. One Moderna vaccinated guy in Vegas unknowingly infected 60 people with Delta.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
In the tech heavy companies, employees work in the open office concept; 3-5 workers on a single work bench. "offices" are limited to conference rooms. One advantage is you can see who is working. One disadvantage, is that a sneeze or uncontrolled cough gets spread to the entire work section if without a mask. A vaccination will mitigate some serious spread and consequences whether being masked or not. A matter of risk degrees that employee,employees, and company need to come to terms with.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:47 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
A sufficiently large unvaccinated population means a fair number will be hospitalized. It may be a minority, but there is only room for so many covid patients before it is over-run.

If everyone were vaccinated who could be, this would conserve a lot of space because the vaccinated people would be 90% less likely to be hospitalized. At least.
I don’t believe the vaccine is safe and I am not getting it no matter how much you and others try to bully me and others into it. Why on earth did you ever presume you would get 100% compliance anyway. It’s insanely unrealistic.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don’t believe the vaccine is not safe and I am not getting it no matter how much you and others try to bully people into it. Why on earth did you ever presume you would get 100% compliance anyway. It’s insanely unrealistic.
The more people are vaccinated, the less strain there is on the health care system, even if it is not 100%. Because each vaccinated person is less likely to end up hospitalized.

Last edited by ncole1; 08-15-2021 at 08:12 PM..

Old 08-15-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
It's been reported the elderly are in danger from Delta, so what difference does it make if the staff is vaccinated or not, the vaccinated are carrying Delta, and with no symptoms or mild symptoms. One Moderna vaccinated guy in Vegas unknowingly infected 60 people with Delta.
Vaccines are a risk mitigation strategy. They are not 100% effective, but they don't need to be. It is still sensible for a health care system to try to protect its staff and patients to the extent possible.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don’t believe the vaccine is safe and I am not getting it no matter how much you and others try to bully me and others into it. Why on earth did you ever presume you would get 100% compliance anyway. It’s insanely unrealistic.
I'm with you, even though NYC Mayor DiBullio is banning me from eating in NYC restaurants, who cares!

Old 08-15-2021, 07:56 PM

6,365 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
It's a reference to vaccines in general (as opposed to specifically the covid-19 vaccines). Including measles, smallpox, polio, etc.

Before these vaccines, infant mortality was very high compared to today.
Infant Mortality was also very high compared to today because of lower sanitary standards, such as clean running water. It was higher when there wasn't as much focus on Prenatal care as there is now. There has also been an increase in food safety measures. Not to mention the many other areas of medical and technological advancement.

Vaccines may contribute to lower Infant mortality, but you can't say that vaccines are the only or even main reason that there is less infant mortality.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:03 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
These are some of the questions that need prompt examination and study. If the vaccinated cause similar sickness when they spread, then that is some serious loss of vaccine efficacy. Another booster may help, or not. But the next step most likely needs to be an edited vaccine directed towards the Delta.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
These are some of the questions that need prompt examination and study. If the vaccinated cause similar sickness when they spread, then that is some serious loss of vaccine efficacy. Another booster may help, or not. But the next step most likely needs to be an edited vaccine directed towards the Delta.
Dr. Bacco, whom I quoted in a previous post stated they are mRNA vaccinating people for last year's (2020) virus. It was reported today 27 vaccinated crew members and a few passengers tested positive for covid aboard a Carnival cruiseliner. How many passengers will they infect? Even with mild symptoms, who would want to be sick during a cruise?

Last edited by wp169; 08-15-2021 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies