Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 08:14 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Why the vax pushers don’t consider that 35% of the population (at least) has had Covid and recovered, is really weird. They want every living person in this country to get the shot, ignoring a huge population of immune people who could harm themselves with a vax and do not need a shot.

Why they keep harping on it is beyond reason. Even if their fantasy wish came true, 100% vaxxed, people who are vaccinated still spread the virus and are hosts for mutations.

For a disease with a survival rate almost the same as seasonal flu, this tyrannical overreaction is getting old and tired. People have their reasons for not wanting the vax. People have the right to control what is injected into their body.

Hospitals will not be overrun like the first time around. It’s almost as though the vax pushers want that to happen so they can show more dramatic outrage. And then there’s the “But the long haulers!! Covid destroys lives!!” Bunch of BS. It’s a new disease. “Long” hasn’t even happened yet. Probably a lot of hypochondriacs anyway.
Thanks for listening.
It takes time to accumulate the appropriate data then present it as a well controlled study. Some related problems are in identifying many of those cases recovered, as so many were asymptomatic, did not see a doctor or were not hospitalized. So many did not have clinical or laboratory confirmation. Antibody testing alone is not good enough. The emergence of the T cell test may be the ticket we seek.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...ect-covid-test
https://www.t-detect.com/

This is medical data, opinions and recommendations in real time progression. So for the time being it remains recommended that the recovered get at least #1 jab. As I did.

It may be, IMO it most likely will be, that at some point in time we will have an easy way to identify immune people. Similar to current pathogenic viral titers.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
The Hospital i currently work at is not mandating vaccines you just have to get tested weekly. We are getting by with being short staffed they can not afford to lose anymore employees. I was looking at Hospitals jobs in NC and a lot of them are starting mandatory vaccines and they bounce you off the job application if your not vaccinated.

A lot of places is shooting themselves in the foot. They are going to have to have agency nurses fill in for more money or start offering crazy sign on bonuses and pay rates to attract people to the hospital.

I know a few nurses and nursing aides who gave up nursing to work in other fields.
Same with my locales. A real conundrum.

Most people in the world do not grasp the magnitude of HC workers stresses and dangers, and that HC workers being real people have been leaving by the truck load. Many doctors wouldn't touch a potential Covid 19 patient with a 'ten foot pole'.

And staffing is a foundation for a hospitals ability to weather a crisis and not get over run.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I haven't read anybody mention that hospitals (medical schools) get grant money from big pharma, so is firing the unvaccinated nurses more about punishing them for rejecting the vaccine because it's bad advertising for the mRNA? Follow the money.

BTW, a hospital in my area stopped testing the nurses awhile back so they wouldn't be sent home if they tested positive for covid to prevent a shortage.
Most hospitals are not academic and research centers and receive no such moneys.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
The CDC can provide recommendations, but it isn't the CDC that approves vaccines for use. It is the FDA that issues any approvals. The COVID Vaccines are currently being given under the FDA's "Emergency User Authorization".

As for the FDA approving it, it depends on when they approve them. If they approve it anytime in 2021 and perhaps even into 2022 it will be seen by many as a "rush" to approval. Vaccines can take 5-10 years to get approved. It takes this long because part of the approval process looks at the long-term effects of a particular vaccine. We are barely 9 months into the Emergency Use Authorization, and almost weekly we hear additional reports about what could be some very serious side effects, generally always regarding the heart or blood clots. Hopefully, they turn out to be wrong or very minor....but it should at least raise an eyebrow into anyone who is taking a critical look at the vaccines.

One of the biggest things you hear from a person who is pushing the vaccinations is "Millions of people have gotten them and have had no problems". But the biggest issue with this statement is that you can vaccinate 99% of the World's population under some "Emergency Use Authorization", but not one of those vaccinations will tell you about any long-term issues that may arise in 2-3 years.

Think about this number. There are currently about 189 Millon people that have received at least one dose, so let's figure that we end up at 200 Million being fully vaccinated. If 99.75% of the people have no serious issues 2-3 years down the road, that leave 0.25% that do. What if those issues cause severe long-term disability or death? That would mean that 500,000 people are now affected after being told that the vaccine was totally "Safe and Effective". Is the sacrifice of those 500K people worth it? Oh, and you can't say..well if they didn't get the vaccine that just shows they would have died anyways from COVID.
I hear this, but do you know of a vaccine were there has been a sudden and new side effect appearing years down the road? We already know the basics of the Covid 19 vaccine's and disease's short and longer term side effects. Side effects are mainly immune related and appear very soon and then some months at the longest with other vaccines. I have been asking and searching for some time and if you have other data or information please get me up to date.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It's about compliance. How do we know that the shots are really for covid? Because they say so?

When I was younger, if someone had the disease already, they were considered immune and didn't get a vaccine.
We are trying to learn this now. Before the Delta, it seemed like a fairly secure notion. Unlike many of the viruses you refer to, coronaviruses have been notorious shape changers, so those worries about longer term immunity are still there.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Sigh.

For the upteenth time. A vaccinated person can pass on the virus. There are approximately 14 million immunocompromised people in the U.S. There are approximately 34 million that have diabetes. It is not recommended that either of those groups get the vaccine. There are over 100 million obese people. Many of these people have comorbidities. Any of those people can catch covid from a vaccinated person that is not following proper protocols (please don't tell me those don't exist). I swear, your comments are like a broken record with no thought whatsoever put into them.
"It is not recommended that either of those groups get the vaccine."
Did you mis-speak there?

Old 08-16-2021, 08:38 AM

6,457 posts, read 6,639,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Misinformation. The vaccines are proven safe and effective. Very few treatments have as much evidence supporting their safety as these vaccines. We are into BILLIONS of doses. You take more risk riding in a car.
Wrong. There is not, and could not possibly yet be, any LONG TERM DATA. This vaccine is still experimental, its mechanism is different than any vaccine ever used before, and plenty of highly credentialed doctors and scientists have concerns about it (although Google blocks sites that present their data; one must use a different search engine).

The fact is, NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE if these will prove to be safe in the long term. Until then, a bit more understanding toward those of us with a "wait and see" mindset would be appropriate.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Wrong. There is not, and could not possibly yet be, any LONG TERM DATA. This vaccine is still experimental, its mechanism is different than any vaccine ever used before, and plenty of highly credentialed doctors and scientists have concerns about it (although Google blocks sites that present their data; one must use a different search engine).

The fact is, NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE if these will prove to be safe in the long term. Until then, a bit more understanding toward those of us with a "wait and see" mindset would be appropriate.
We already know the longer term side effects of the disease and vaccines. Unless you can show me other data or information, there has not been a vaccine where sudden and new side effects appeared many years later. Months for sure. We are coming on the second year for the infection, and a year for the vaccines.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:57 AM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Like talking to a wall.

In other words, you want people to get a shot regardless if it is not recommended to them and have been told they would likely have an adverse effect.

Got it. Case closed.
No that's not what I said, of course some of those with medical conditions can't vaccinate, so what about the rest.

So I think your point is that all these unvaccinated showing up in hospitals are there because they were compromised and couldn't take the vaccine. Maybe you have a source for that nugget of wisdom.

Quote:
“Preliminary data over the last six months suggest 99.5% of deaths from Covid-19 in the states have occurred in unvaccinated people ... the suffering and loss we are now seeing is nearly entirely avoidable,” Walensky said earlier this month.

In addition to the risk of illness for Americans who have yet to get a shot, having unvaccinated pockets of the population could threaten the country’s ability to control the pandemic. Continued transmission of the virus means additional opportunities for new variants to emerge, with the possibility that one will be able to evade the protection offered by vaccines.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/covi...t-spreads.html

Old 08-16-2021, 08:57 AM

3,343 posts, read 1,225,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes. They do have that freedom of choice and those are the only options. As they should be.

Think about this folks. I get tested as soon as I get to the hospital for covid and test negative. I'm admitted for an aortic embolism. I'm scheduled to have surgery (sleeve) for it at 7AM the following day. Op is successful. I start showing symptoms of covid the 3rd day in CCU.
I sue the hospital for giving me covid 19 and it's a no brainer win for me. Hospital loses millions.

How many of these suits does anyone think the hospital will put up with in the name of personal freedom to infect anyone at random?
That's not at all how this lawsuit would go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.